Certified Legendary Thread Matchday 26

Which bottom-half manager do you most want to kiss?

• Mark Hughes

• Alan Pardew

• Guus Hiddink

• Tony Pulis

• Eddie Howe

• That new guy Swansea have hired

• McClaren

• Neil

• Allardyce

• Garde

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly didn't watch today when Kevin Wimmer was close to MOTM.

Wimmer has been great. Just think having no Vertonghen will have a clear impact at some stage. Wimmer and Toby have to play every important game now - and there are a fair few coming up. If one of them go down Dier probably moves to CB which then ***** your whole structure up.

100m debt is huge, they could end up like QPR sitting in mid table... Perhaps even worse. It will feel weird not seeing Villa in the PL next year. The same way it still feels weird not to see Fulham there.

Villa's probably a step 'up' from that.

When I started following English football in the 90s Fulham were in the old Div 3. Villa have essentially been a permanent fixture in the top flight since the mid 70s, and not in a Coventry kind of way.

It makes you think if it can happen to Villa, it can happen to almost anyone. I certainly include Spurs in that group

Less than six years ago it was between us, them & City for that final CL spot.

Wimmer has been great. Just think having no Vertonghen will have a clear impact at some stage. Wimmer and Toby have to play every important game now - and there are a fair few coming up. If one of them go down Dier probably moves to CB which then ***** your whole structure up.
I think as long as its not against you guys Poch will go to 18 year old Cameron Carter Vickers before a whole re-shuffle

md8E9is.gif

villa.gif

"Don't cry for me, I'm already dead"

Last edited:
:DAlso good shout by whoever it was that brought up the Balotelli penalty and stamp a few years back. I'd take all our karma credits this season thank you. So here's to a dodgy kale smoothie for Arsenal on the last day winning us the league

thought we played our best game defensively for a long time. you can see the instant difference having clichy, vinny and zaba all play together. had a calming effect on otamendi too, especially having fernando playing in the hole, where he has been sliding in all the time. of course the one big mistake came from taking clichy off. kolarov should not be playing anymore. he clearly doesnt care and isnt good enough defensively. we struggled going forward but so did spurs. kun looked way off, silva's 2nd half was dreadful after a bright 1st half, and tactically sterling is being let down by forcing him to be isolated and not allowing him to play his natural style.

due to the injuries, i hope we just play kids against chelsea, and play this same starting lineup against kyiv and liverpool. it's clearly our most balanced side but pelle is insanely stubborn so i expect to see yaya and dinho in a midfield 2 and giving up chance after chance very soon.

thought we played our best game defensively for a long time. you can see the instant difference having clichy, vinny and zaba all play together. had a calming effect on otamendi too, especially having fernando playing in the hole, where he has been sliding in all the time. of course the one big mistake came from taking clichy off. kolarov should not be playing anymore. he clearly doesnt care and isnt good enough defensively. we struggled going forward but so did spurs. kun looked way off, silva's 2nd half was dreadful after a bright 1st half, and tactically sterling is being let down by forcing him to be isolated and not allowing him to play his natural style.

due to the injuries, i hope we just play kids against chelsea, and play this same starting lineup against kyiv and liverpool. it's clearly our most balanced side but pelle is insanely stubborn so i expect to see yaya and dinho in a midfield 2 and giving up chance after chance very soon.

Really? Thoughts on Spurs' winner then?

of course the one big mistake came from taking clichy off. kolarov should not be playing anymore. he clearly doesnt care and isnt good enough defensively.

Didn't realise that was addressing the winner, since Kompany seemed at fault for it.

Didn't realise that was addressing the winner, since Kompany seemed at fault for it.

he got dragged up but i have no doubt clichy would be sprinting back to at least put pressure on eriksen. kolarov was one again caught out not paying attention and then ambled his way over. plus taking fernando off left that space in midfield for lamela to run into as well.

:DAlso good shout by whoever it was that brought up the Balotelli penalty and stamp a few years back. I'd take all our karma credits this season thank you. So here's to a dodgy kale smoothie for Arsenal on the last day winning us the league
Would have thought your two offside goals earlier in the season would have done that.

Or do you get eternal rights now.

Remember Timothee Atouba elbowing Barton in the head in the leadup to a Spurs winner in the mid 00's.

I'm off to claim compo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point taken although there was a pretty big difference between mm and a good metre offside

We must have played half a dozen times since Balo, with good and bad decisions going both ways.

How long are you expecting to be owed dodgy decisions for?

Point taken although there was a pretty big difference between mm and a good metre offside

We must have played half a dozen times since Balo, with good and bad decisions going both ways.

How long are you expecting to be owed dodgy decisions for?
We got our tee up today. Like I said at the Lane we had more than double the attacking play and got double the poor offside calls. So wouldn't say we got one over you with the refs that day. And only the first one was clear cut, but hey that was half heartedly cleared and not dealt with so how long do you want to let play go on before referencing a bad offside call?

said this a while ago but city have no soul, bunch of overpaid players imo, no hope of winning the league.
I like the look of Arse, theres a passion there i havent seen in them for a while.
For spurs, just cant see it along with Leice. Its Arsenals to lose.

we had a couple of incredibly marginal offside's too. de bruyne's at whl was probably what you'd classify as marginal as well.

i think the main point that shouldnt be overlooked, no matter who you support, is clattenbent's performance. once again, just like at whl, he has overseen an atrocious refereeing performance. full of wanky hand gestures, fake will i whistle/won't i whistle nonsense and pure guesswork that changes the course of matches. we should expect better than this joker and his cronies

Clattenburg wasn't the one who had to flag those 3 goals offside at the lane. I don't remember the game being poorly officiated bar from that

Today's game on the other hand was a s**t storm. How Yaya wasn't carded with a couple of fouls, or how a couple of late ones right in front of him were missed all together. His handling of Rose when he didn't put the ball straight out was amateurish too

Agree on the I'm about to blow for a foul thing. Happened both ways and you'd see players stop thinking their team mate had just been fouled and him looking like blowing and stopping

Just looked at the end of season run in for the top 4:

Spurs 5 hardest games coming up in the league are West Ham away, Arsenal at home, Liverpool away, Man U at home, Chelsea away in their run home, the rest by exclusion should be pretty easy wins for the Spurs lads.

I think Arsenal have a trickier run home than Spurs with our 5 toughest games being Man U away, Everton away, Tottenham away, West Ham away and Man City away.

Man City have Liverpool away, Man U at home, Arsenal at home, Southampton away, Stoke at home

Leicester probably have the best run home of the lot with their 5 toughest games being Chelsea away, Man U away, West Ham at home, Southampton at home and Watford away.

Opinions? Leicester still in the box seat for mine with a pretty simple run into the end, Arsenal the toughest cause a lot of our key games are away.

Back