Matthew Guy. Can a mediocre leader with a 3rd rate team win government?

Remove this Banner Ad

Even having been an IPA director? He's not as moderate as he likes to project himself as.

View attachment 1557824

Not for nothing (and I am not a member of the IPA), but that screenshot is pretty old.

Also, if Hawthorn is Red, someone better tell the ALP who are not targetting the seat in their campaign according to the almighty Kos. And Jess Wilson didn't work for Tim Smith.

From a distance, their seem to levels of corruption & Governance issues that beset both sides of politics.

Its come to light that the LNP seem to have the beginnings of a major problem with religious conservative infiltration.

That to me would be a big worry for the majority of the electorate. Issues like health & housing beset every state & may yet affect the ALP reelection prospects.

Could Independents make inroads into the big party dominance of Parliament?

I think it's more likely that we'll see the rise of a Teal like small l Liberal party that will attempt to take the centre right, which will make it very hard for the conservatives to ever govern in their own right. A little like the LP/DLP split.

Not for nothing (and I am not a member of the IPA), but that screenshot is pretty old.

Also, if Hawthorn is Red, someone better tell the ALP who are not targetting the seat in their campaign according to the almighty Kos. And Jess Wilson didn't work for Tim Smith.

All the better for us to remain marginal, whatever the result. But please, josh and otheres, if you want to pork barrel us, can we have something we like? Multi story car parks? Tell him he’s dreaming.

I think it's more likely that we'll see the rise of a Teal like small l Liberal party that will attempt to take the centre right, which will make it very hard for the conservatives to ever govern in their own right. A little like the LP/DLP split.

Also 6 months on, what positive have the teals added federally?

We still don't have a Liberal government. If that's all they do for the next three years I'm good with that.

Like I said, alp voters voting tactically in Kooyong had more to do with the demise of josh than lib voters revolting

Last edited:
He’s not getting back. We are red in Hawthorn now and no reason to change

Josh was unseated more by alp voters going tactically rather than defecting libs. Why would we vote a sitting alp member out?
I was more addressing your reference to "respected". He may be respected in LNP circles, but he conveniently ignores his less desirable links for broader public consumption. (He's not alone mind you, on either side.)

I was more addressing your reference to "respected". He may be respected in LNP circles, but he conveniently ignores his less desirable links for broader public consumption. (He's not alone mind you, on either side.)

Not by me, it’s all relative btw. Side deal O’Brien or dog box guy. Quite possibly the nats will be calling more shots in the rump left over

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s not getting back. We are red in Hawthorn now and no reason to change

Josh was unseated more by alp voters going tactically rather than defecting libs. Why would we vote a sitting alp member out?

I think there's next to no chance of Kennedy retaining now that people realise he has no connection to the footy team.

The teal in that seat is paying better than even and might be one of the value bets of the night for this gambling. (I'll just be doing arbitraging, it's quite a good event for that this year.)

I think there's next to no chance of Kennedy retaining now that people realise he has no connection to the footy team.

The teal in that seat is paying better than even and might be one of the value bets of the night for this gambling. (I'll just be doing arbitraging, it's quite a good event for that this year.)

So in fed election, add up the lnp or alp voter switches to teal. I reckon the second is the biggest by far but no alp seats went teal in victoria

Tactical voting. If the teals need to rely on preferences…watch out

Maybe he should pretend to be related to the other John Kennedy to get the cooker vote.

FiDaCwuaMAAqLBg

FiDaCwtaEAAxkQT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back