Toast Max King shows massive sign of loyalty (extends to 2026)

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had the choice between king and Allen to build your side around, what would you do?

I reckon even Vozzo and Simpson at WCE take king

As I said it's the high ceiling with Max that makes him so tempting. If you were playing finals in 2021 you'd go Allen but if you're building a side you'd go King.

He already takes the oppositions best defender who are probably being payed a similar wage.the kid is carrying the weight of stkilda on his shoulders when he starts finishing his work he will make that up with attracting more members and draw ppl to the footy the money is not for what he has done but what he will do in those next four years and at the end of it he will be a million dollar player
Or you could operate knowing he's not gonna leave and pay him appropriately as he develops.

As I said it's the high ceiling with Max that makes him so tempting. If you were playing finals in 2021 you'd go Allen but if you're building a side you'd go King.
You would be happy to have either of them at your club for the next 10 years, both will be champions

Really, I think you can give him time and space and let him build at his own pace. That's why I was keen to have a bruce or similar to play along side him. He gets to build confidence and do it all on the second or third best defender. Stavro suggested that he would become the guy who does all our media instead of Hill now....that's just silly IMO. He doesn't come across as a player who loves the media stuff.

I'm not keen to do the at same age stuff even though I've done it myself and you can show that at the same age Sipposs was better than Lenny or what ever but it doesn't really show anything but a projection and doesn't take into account how the different clubs developed a player.

He's carrying a huge amount of expectation already, I really worry we'll make football a burden for him. Our record of developing players hasn't been great in the last decade.
Marshall/Ryder and Membrey are the people we chose for him to develop alongside. When they are fit, there is no room for Bruce in that forward line.

His media appearances will increase but he won't be the only player to do media. I dont think it is that big of a deal for a player aged 22-26 to be doing regularly media appearances. If he cant handle that, then he shouldn't have been given this contract to begin with.

Draftees don't get a lot in their first couple of years (unless they sign extensions in their first year).. Top 10 draftee is capped around $100k plus match payments which I think are usually about $5,000 per game. He might have been pulling down a bit more than $200k per annum but it won't have been $100,000s more.
My guess is it’s very close to 400k and yes all contracts are set in the first 2years. Every single player gets a set amount even you sign an extension after one year. The second year is still a set amount.

I wouldn't swap Max King for Oscar Allen but I would love to have Allen in our team as well, he looks a gun at both ends of the ground.

He was playing well up forward but then got sent back to play key defence with the injuries to McGovern and Barrass and killed it there too.

King has the potential to be a more spectacular and damaging key forward but Allen looks the more solid and versatile player at this stage.

Congrats on getting King to re-sign.
Whatever questions are being asked on his goal kicking are pretty premature and not called for. Hope he pays no attention to it all.

He is doing the hard part well at the moment and that is getting to the right spot and clunking lot's of marks, the goal kicking will only improve and when it does look out.

Seems like the young tall KPP's are the in thing at the moment and you def have one of the better ones there.

Oh, cheers for the ass kicking the other week as well haha.

Seriously though, play with the pressure and intensity you displayed in the 2nd half against us and you will win a lot more than you will lose.
Good luck this week.

The media won’t relent on King until he’s forced to take a mental health break from the game. They are just vultures and there are too many of them trying to clamour for air time or for someone to listen to them.

The club publicly backing him in today is great and hopefully a warning shot to the media, but we also have to try and take pressure off him by not relying on him to play well or we lose kind of thing.

It really won’t help us getting on his back at games either, I saw a lot of fans trying to encourage him on Friday night which was great - but Marshall and Membrey (as an example from Friday) needed to slot their opportunities to take the pressure off King needing to score them.

Congrats on getting King to re-sign.
Whatever questions are being asked on his goal kicking are pretty premature and not called for. Hope he pays no attention to it all.

He is doing the hard part well at the moment and that is getting to the right spot and clunking lot's of marks, the goal kicking will only improve and when it does look out.

Seems like the young tall KPP's are the in thing at the moment and you def have one of the better ones there.

Oh, cheers for the ass kicking the other week as well haha.

Seriously though, play with the pressure and intensity you displayed in the 2nd half against us and you will win a lot more than you will lose.
Good luck this week.

Thanks for the kind words.

Thanks for the kind words.
Just reading the article on the AFL website today, yes I do venture there occasionally, with Ratten having to defend him just made me think how much it has been all blown out of proportion.
Just wanted to pop in and let you all know most fans of the game would recognize just how good he is going.
Geez there is a brownlow medalist out there finding it a lot harder trying to get it through the big sticks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't swap Max King for Oscar Allen but I would love to have Allen in our team as well, he looks a gun at both ends of the ground.

He was playing well up forward but then got sent back to play key defence with the injuries to McGovern and Barrass and killed it there too.

King has the potential to be a more spectacular and damaging key forward but Allen looks the more solid and versatile player at this stage.
I wonder if Josh Battle might have the same abilities as Allen if we'd just play him as a ******* KPP??

Enough of this bloody argument.

Let’s just wait another 8 years and grab our own Oscar Allen 🤪

FeLfiSq.jpg

If you gave me the choice of Allen or King right now it's a complete no brainer.

And it's Max by a mile.

Within a few years Max will totally dominate games. So will his bother Ben.

Which is why we need to get Ben. No team will be able to stop both of them.

Both of them will go past Allen at a rate of knots. You won’t see Oscar in the rear view mirror.

Yeah, but some random players drafted as key forwards made awesome defenders..
I wouldn't have a problem with that, but l am sure we're not getting value from Batts at the moment, and l believe it's because of the roll he's been given.
Since everyone has jumped on the Bing wagon now days, I'd like to see this defense in 2022:
Pato, FB (Payne), Wilkie
Battle, Doogs, Highmore/Coff/Long

In preparation for this forward line 2023:
Gresh, Ming, Members
Butts, Bing, Snaggs

It's all pie in the sky stuff, but we need to do something other than the current status quo if we're to take a big step.

Within a few years Max will totally dominate games. So will his bother Ben.

Which is why we need to get Ben. No team will be able to stop both of them.

Both of them will go past Allen at a rate of knots. You won’t see Oscar in the rear view mirror.

My only concern is how you play two of them. You'd almost want one to be able to chop out in the ruck but they are like using your Ferrari to do the shopping.

I wouldn't have a problem with that, but l am sure we're not getting value from Batts at the moment, and l believe it's because of the roll he's been given.
Since everyone has jumped on the Bing wagon now days, I'd like to see this defense in 2022:
Pato, FB (Payne), Wilkie
Battle, Doogs, Highmore/Coff/Long

In preparation for this forward line 2023:
Gresh, Ming, Members
Butts, Bing, Snaggs

It's all pie in the sky stuff, but we need to do something other than the current status quo if we're to take a big step.

Probably need a prime mover mid extra as well and it's a fair list.

Probably need a prime mover mid extra as well and it's a fair list.
With that setup I'd be trying to move JB on for a band 1 compo and taking both picks to the draft.
If we can snaffle 2x FRDP this year it works perfectly for trading out 2022+2023 for Bing without risking ever falling foul of draft regulations. Plus GC would eventually bend with that on the table.

It doesn't feel comfortable losing JB whist he's playing well, but now's the time to maximize the benefits and get 2 top 10 kids coming through behind Ming, then top up with a FA.
1 step backwards for 5 steps forward IMHO.

A youth group of Ming, Bing, Batts, Hunter, Coff, Bytel, Byrnes and 2 more top 10 picks will set us up for a decade at the top.
JB would be but a pawn in the grand scheme.

You just make it work.
One plays deep forward/resting
One plays between CHF and the defensive 50, leading and linking. Then rests at FF.

Constant aerial presence from CHB to FF would be amazing (see Eagles when they're on)
My only concern is how you play two of them. You'd almost want one to be able to chop out in the ruck but they are like using your Ferrari to do the shopping.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd do it if there are midfielders worth Top 10 picks available this year. Post COVID and the lack of games last year could mean this is a stunted draft crop.

If there are mids that are up to it though, genuine mids (not project players), absolutely go for it
With that setup I'd be trying to move JB on for a band 1 compo and taking both picks to the draft.
If we can snaffle 2x FRDP this year it works perfectly for trading out 2022+2023 for Bing without risking ever falling foul of draft regulations. Plus GC would eventually bend with that on the table.

It doesn't feel comfortable losing JB whist he's playing well, but now's the time to maximize the benefits and get 2 top 10 kids coming through behind Ming, then top up with a FA.
1 step backwards for 5 steps forward IMHO.

A youth group of Ming, Bing, Batts, Hunter, Coff, Bytel, Byrnes and 2 more top 10 picks will set us up for a decade at the top.
JB would be but a pawn in the grand scheme.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back