MCG to host GF through to 2057

Remove this Banner Ad

Hopefully there’s some sort of provision to redo Richmond Station. Can’t speak for jolimont as I never use it, but getting into Richmond is a real squeeze and banks up past the Swinburne Centre sometimes. Even getting in at the back entry is a struggle now
Probably not, that only happens for Richmond games :D

so reading the age apparently princess park is the 'big winner' getting $10 million.

if thats the sort of figure getting thrown around the redevelopments wont be that major. im an architect (although ive never done a stadium before) and i can tell you 10 million doesnt get you a heap. Any redev will be either barebones or done with dodgy materials. Its probably just gonna be lighting and seat upgrades, that kinda s**t.

It's not hugely fair for a team in a GF that's only played one or two games at the MCG to be playing a team that's played 11 or 12. Same could be said if the GF was in Perth or Sydney etc.

Then build a stadium the same dimensions of the G. Just wish the interstate teams had an opportunity to do that at some point

so reading the age apparently princess park is the 'big winner' getting $10 million.

if thats the sort of figure getting thrown around the redevelopments wont be that major. im an architect (although ive never done a stadium before) and i can tell you 10 million doesnt get you a heap. Any redev will be either barebones or done with dodgy materials. Its probably just gonna be lighting and seat upgrades, that kinda s**t.

It’s chicken feed. Enough to change the dunnies and that’s about it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Send Collingwood to play Hawthorn in Tasmania and Essendon to play Geelong in Geelong so the non-Victorian sides get some more games at the MCG.
would make sense that every interstate team is hosted at the g regardless of the vic side unless theres a fixture clash. it would certainly spread the mcg experience more evenly, even for the vic teams who mostly play at the dome.

Exactly. Send Collingwood to play Hawthorn in Tasmania and Essendon to play Geelong in Geelong so the non-Victorian sides get some more games at the MCG.
I endorse this message.

Sheedy coining the "Country Game" is ironic given it's always played in Melbourne... Victoria's largest populated area :$

How are they going to pour $225m into Etihad? For all it's faults, it's a pretty good ground to watch footy and is close as you can get to public transport.

I think that total is for the whole Docklands to also include around the stadium etc , more bars , restraunts , concert venue, accomodation etc etc

500 mil deal that locks in an advantage to Vic clubs.

Total sum of benefits to non vic clubs:
- Interstate clubs have been promised a charter flight to Melbourne should they reach the Grand Final from this year
- Non-Victorian clubs will be offered more access to train on the MCG ahead of home and away games and finals

Geez, not even trying.

30 years? o_O

:rolleyes:

edit: 40 years...WTF!
Pretty simple blame the south Australian government put your money in or shut up about it. Nsw doing the same for league

500 mil deal that locks in an advantage to Vic clubs.

Total sum of benefits to non vic clubs:
- Interstate clubs have been promised a charter flight to Melbourne should they reach the Grand Final from this year
- Non-Victorian clubs will be offered more access to train on the MCG ahead of home and away games and finals

Geez, not even trying.
Why should the Victorian government pay for interstate sides? Hit up your own state government

Remove this Banner Ad

Back