Roast Media Shakes Head, Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be interesting how much the footy shows will focus on Port this week now that something bad has happened to the club or will we get ignored to define our irrelevancy in this national competition?

Let's see if Whateley brings any heat onto his boyfriend.

Going to be interesting how much the footy shows will focus on Port this week now that something bad has happened to the club or will we get ignored to define our irrelevancy in this national competition?
Happy to be ignored, it's the best that performance deserves. No more footy media for me this year - if it isn't on BF then it didn't happen.

Let's see if Whateley brings any heat onto his boyfriend.
It was bizarre this morning with Whateley and David King. King was damning of how poorly prepared we were and how we made no real tactical changes to try and a negate some of the Bulldogs dominance. The thing was though I don't think he ever mentioned Hinkley. It was just Port this and Port that like they were avoiding putting pressure on Ken specifically.

Lots of players got mentions though.

I suppose it suits the Victorian media if we remain mediocre and of no threat at the pointy end. Clutching at straws perhaps, but I fail to see any other reason they can be so sycophantic.

I'm not sure how to break this to you but the Victorian media doesn't give a s**t where we finish. We are as irrelevant to them as plankton is to a great white shark.

They're not sycophantic, they just don't care. Whately is an exception, but he's a social worker with a microphone.

Same when people say it suits the AFL agenda for us to be mediocre. How? We're irrelevant to them too. They give us enough support to keep us ticking over, we make the shitful decisions that stop us from becoming something.

There is no worldwide conspiracy against Port. There is only the incompetence of the people in charge making terrible decisions.

6wks ago we couldn't beat a top 4 side this is how I was hoping we would enter the finals.
Fast forward we are chockers all over again what a nightmare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the * is this s**t.

Seriously read this propaganda.

What the * has happened to my club. Have we become the Crows.

This is the most patronising s**t ever.

I'm so friggin sick of the concept of stability equals success. How many damn years do we need to wait for stability to equal anything????

Go work a new job, you'll work 100x harder in your first year or so than you are by year 9 or 10. It's just human nature. A fresh new perspective, someone to challenge the players in a different way, some hope sparked by change among the players and fans. There's so much that change can give a team, that stability can not.

Yes, you don't just change all the time as obviously that would just lead you to crave some consistency. However we're sitting here about to go into our 10th year with a coach that's had multiple amazing opportunities to make us successful, 2 home prelims, a great list, some great drafting, some trading opportunities we could only dream of, yet year after year we still fail!

Ken will be the longest serving single club coach of all time to have not made a GF. If that doesn't say something, what does.

Ultimately though I think it is the board that needs to be the ones that go. Not just the coaching staff. They were the one that gave the crazy 2017 extension, they are the ones with a flawed and ignorant strategy which breeds complacency and comfortability amongst the club, rather than keeping people on edge. They are also the ones too gutless to realise they are crippling this club by not making the tough call and accepting their direction was wrong.

So instead of that acceptance, we get this *in propaganda bullshit. Clearly generated as a directive to "calm the natives". It's incredible.

I'm seriously over it. We need to shake the board up. Something must be done.

Last edited:

What the fu** is this sh*t.

What the fu** has happened to my club. Have we become the Crows.

This is the most patronising sh*t ever.

I'm so friggin sick of the concept of stability equals success. How many damn years do we need to wait for stability to equal anything????

Go work a new job, you'll work 100x harder in your first year or so than you are by year 9 or 10. It's just human nature. A fresh new perspective, someone to challenge the players in a different way, some hope sparked by change among the players and fans. There's so much that change can give, that stability can not.

Yes, you don't just change all the time as obviously that would just lead you to crave some consistency. However we're sitting here about to go into our 10th year with a coach that's had multiple amazing opportunities to make us successful, 2 home prelims, a great list, some great drafting, some trading opportunities we could only dream of, yet year after year we fail!

Ken will be the longest serving single club coach of all time to have not made a GF. If that doesn't say something, what does.

The board need to be the ones that go. Not the coaching staff. They were the one that gave the crazy 2017 extension, they are the ones with a flawed and ignorant strategy which breeds complacency and comfortability amongst the club, rather than keeping people on edge. They are also the ones too gutless to realise they are crippling this club by not making the tough call and accepting their direction was wrong.

So instead of that acceptance, we get this fu**in propaganda bullshit.

The final line, “take note of Melbourne”.

The club which is onto its third coach of the Hinkley-era, and whose incumbent is about to take charge in a GF in his fifth season?

What the fu** is this sh*t.

What the fu** has happened to my club. Have we become the Crows.

This is the most patronising sh*t ever.

Go work a new job, you'll work 100x harder in your first year or so than you are by year 9 or 10. It's just human nature. A fresh new perspective, someone to challenge the players in a different way, some hope sparked by change among the players and fans. There's so much that change can give a team, that stability can not.

Yes, you don't just change all the time as obviously that would just lead you to crave some consistency. However we're sitting here about to go into our 10th year with a coach that's had multiple amazing opportunities to make us successful, 2 home prelims, a great list, some great drafting, some trading opportunities we could only dream of, yet year after year we still fail!

Ultimately though I think it is the board that needs to be the ones that go. Not just the coaching staff. They were the one that gave the crazy 2017 extension, they are the ones with a flawed and ignorant strategy which breeds complacency and comfortability amongst the club, rather than keeping people on edge. They are also the ones too gutless to realise they are crippling this club by not making the tough call and accepting their direction was wrong.

So instead of that acceptance, we get this fu**in propaganda bullshit. Clearly generated as a directive to "calm the natives". It's incredible.

"Port Adelaide created an opportunity that many thought was beyond Ken Hinkley's team (revisit the betting markets at the start of the top-eight finals series) - and that hard-earned and promising opportunity slipped in a way that irritates and frustrates every Port Adelaide supporter who accepts defeat only when every human endeavour has been exhausted"

It's almost like the punters knew we would likely waste the opportunity.

#sackken

The old ‘but Bomber Thompson/Damien Hardwick trope’ too. Surely there’s a statute of limitations. Both men stared down a review, survived and immediately flagged up — repeatedly.

Bomber

Y1/2000: Lost EF
Y2/2001: 12th
Y3/2002: 9th
Y4/2003: 12th
Y5/2004: Lost PF
Y6/2005: Lost SF
Y7/2006: 10th
Y8/2007: FLAG
Y9/2008: Lost GF
Y10/2009: FLAG
Y11/2010: Lost PF (resigns)

Dimma

Y1/2010: 15th
Y2/2011: 12th
Y3/2012: 12th
Y4/2013: Lost EF
Y5/2014: Lost EF
Y6/2015: Lost EF
Y7/2016: 13th
Y8/2017: FLAG
Y9/2018: Lost PF
Y10/2019: FLAG
Y11/2020: FLAG
Y12/2021: 12th
Y13/2022:

Ken

Y1/2013: Lost SF
Y2/2014: Lost PF
Y3/2015: 9th
Y4/2016: 10th
Y5/2017: Lost EF
Y6/2018: 10th
Y7/2019: 10th
Y8/2020: Lost PF
Y9/2021: Lost PF
Y10/2022:

The old ‘but Bomber Thompson/Damien Hardwick trope’ too. Surely there’s a statute of limitations. Both men stared down a review, survived and immediately flagged up — repeatedly.

Bomber

Y1/2000: Lost EF
Y2/2001: 12th
Y3/2002: 9th
Y4/2003: 12th
Y5/2004: Lost PF
Y6/2005: Lost SF
Y7/2006: 10th
Y8/2007: FLAG
Y9/2008: Lost GF
Y10/2009: FLAG
Y11/2010: Lost PF (resigns)

Dimma

Y1/2010: 15th
Y2/2011: 12th
Y3/2012: 12th
Y4/2013: Lost EF
Y5/2014: Lost EF
Y6/2015: Lost EF
Y7/2016: 13th
Y8/2017: FLAG
Y9/2018: Lost PF
Y10/2019: FLAG
Y11/2020: FLAG
Y12/2021: 12th
Y13/2022:

Ken

Y1/2013: Lost SF
Y2/2014: Lost PF
Y3/2015: 9th
Y4/2016: 10th
Y5/2017: Lost EF
Y6/2018: 10th
Y7/2019: 10th
Y8/2020: Lost PF
Y9/2021: Lost PF
Y10/2022:

5CCB75F2-CBF7-46DE-B0A0-349D94E08DF9.jpeg

Such as “Ken will win a flag just like Bomber Thompson did if we just let him hang around long enough!”?

View attachment 1235143

Such as “Ken will win a flag just like Bomber Thompson did if we just let him hang around long enough!”?
One is reminded of that photoshopped picture of a 95 year old Ken Hinkley in 2050, in his 38th year as Port coach, who still hasn't guided the team to a grand final. By then, the narrative may still be, "Stick with us - we're a talented young team that's going places."

Said it earlier this year and been thinking for ages the club allowing rucci to be deeply involved in the club was disgraceful and allows weakness to be accepted

Rucci is the sh*t stain on the under pants of society
Don't blame Rucci, he's just the messenger. He's being paid by the club to write this stuff so when he speaks it is the club speaking.

People were asking for the club to come out and make a statement in the wake of the performance on Saturday and this is as close as we are going to get to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back