News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Acceptance of what exactly? I have no idea what you are saying. But whilst we are on the subject of acceptance, have you accepted being wrong for years on end on here now arguing that there was no need for rebuilding our list, everything is fine and it is just Covid and a bad run with injuries that caused the last few years? Have you accepted being wrong that the Number 1 pick in the draft is no more valuable than pick 3 or 4 as you were arguing when we nearly lost the Number 1 pick at the end of last season?

You spent all of last season spruiking for Simpson, but if the club sacked him tomorrow you would do an immediate 180 and say it was the right decision and they did the best thing for the club. You have no idea what you think. You can't think for yourself. You just reflexively agree with everything the club does and says and immediately forget that you were arguing the exact opposite up until that moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As someone that has worked in the tech industry for a long time it's not that hard to organise a stream like this.
The fact they would have known about this well in advance of the event and still couldn't get this done is beyond pathetic.

It was a joke they booked it for 12pm in the middle of a work week.
Even more of a joke they couldn't bother to update their own website to advise of any issues prior to the event.
I hope Pyke sacks the entire media team. can't get much worse.

boo-outrage.gif

Waited all this time for this... :(

I understand technical issues happen, but a post made earlier would have been better, than the original link abruptly disappearing.

Their reliance on Telstra for their streaming events (the player on the website itself) has had issues in the past. Don't understand why they can't just stream it via Social Media and YouTube like the regular Press Conferences.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that they could just easily say..

"Hey, unfortunately we are experiencing X issue, however we will still be recording the stream and will re-stream once we are back up and running, we appreciate this will frustrate those who wanted to watch live"

Like, @#$% me how goddamn hard is it.
We're a top 3 club in the league with by FAR the worst media dept in the league.

The thing that pisses me off the most is that they could just easily say..

"Hey, unfortunately we are experiencing X issue, however we will still be recording the stream and will re-stream once we are back up and running, we appreciate this will frustrate those who wanted to watch live"

Like, @#$% me how goddamn hard is it.
We're a top 3 club in the league with by FAR the worst media dept in the league.
WOW! It just gets worse.

They removed the whole Facebook post about the Season Launch, which included a apology in the comments a few minutes back prior to its deletion.

Surely they'll make a proper Facebook post with the apology easily available. And I hope they record the whole event, don't understand why we always get snippets of these things, rather annoying...

WOW! It just gets worse.

They removed the whole Facebook post about the Season Launch, which included a apology in the comments a few minutes back prior to its deletion.

Surely they'll make a proper Facebook post with the apology easily available. And I hope they record the whole event, don't understand why we always get snippets of these things, rather annoying...
It's because the media dept is run by muppets who give the bare minimum attention to anything.
It sees fan engagement outside of the odd clinic here and there as mostly a waste of time.
I had thought they were turning a corner with the preseason being a touch better than usual for content but this is a complete s@#^show.

The one event to bring the club and fan base together before the kick off of a new season and have everyone on the same page and they completely crap the bed.

Timing - garbage
Didn't even stream it
The communication of the issues - Practically non-existent.

Teresa Giudice Burn GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back