News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Mitchell, it is with the utmost certainty and profound regret that I must inform you that the likelihood of his selection is exceedingly remote. Given the current circumstances and the prevailing conditions, it is highly improbable that he will be chosen. All indications and assessments suggest that the odds are overwhelmingly against him, rendering such an outcome virtually impossible.

My ass is old enough to remember the Peter Matera type backpage in a Demons jumper when he declared he was heading to the Dees in 1998.

My ass is old enough to remember the Peter Matera type backpage in a Demons jumper when it was rumoured he was heading to the Dees in 1998.

My ass is old enough to remember that players refused to let him go and camped inside his house for 5 days until he reversed his 'handshake' agreement.

My ass is old enough to remember the Peter Matera type backpage in a Demons jumper when he declared he was heading to the Dees in 1998.

“Bombshell Exclusive”

Yeah right

Think it’s been covered by others already

“Bombshell Exclusive”

Yeah right

Think it’s been covered by others already
It's why they go with tabloid clickbait over genuine reporting. The unavoidable fact is that they're a newspaper in 2024.

We've already had the Yeo story, the reaction, the reaction to the reaction and the boards and footy twitter accounts have had an entire day to work out the implications for both clubs plus players x, y, and z.

And tomorrow they'll print the initial story. Keep up Jakeb.

Watching the replay tonight I’m even more bemused by these takes.

Schoey gets a bit “matey” when referring to former teammates or pets like Ginbey (“The Boy”) but he was in no way overtly West Coast. Pav is always begrudging in his praise. Paps is a brilliant play by play caller as a true broadcaster and not an ex-player.

Because it wasn’t a Huddo or Derwayne hosted Dees love in the Vics are losing their minds.
It's almost like they're so used to hearing it being biased the other way, when the commentary is balanced in their mind it's gone too far the other way 🤣

It's almost like they're so used to hearing it being biased the other way, when the commentary is balanced in their mind it's gone too far the other way 🤣
BT, Brayshaw, Lyon, Eddie. But one game with schofield not giving them the gluck gluck and man isn't this biased.
apparently has some people get into DM's and had broden kelly a melb fan on his podcast, "i can't polish a turd mate"

BT, Brayshaw, Lyon, Eddie. But one game with schofield not giving them the gluck gluck and man isn't this biased.
apparently has some people get into DM's and had broden kelly a melb fan on his podcast, "i can't polish a turd mate"
Kelly was very funny though. Might have to listen to his pod.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think because they were questioning some of the free kicks is where the “biased” calls are coming from. We’ve had nigh on 40 years of commentary teams scrutinising free kicks that are paid our way whilst seldom disputing those that are paid to our Victorian opponents.

Sunday night would have been a foreign commentary experience for your average mug Victorian football follower hence the uproar.

New management treating the club like a football club and not a soulless money making business.

Wirra said something to that extent ( On Schoeys podcast friday avo) about it being less of a business with Pyke in charge. He also mentioned Suma and Woosha have been around to get them more involved.

Wirra said something to that extent ( On Schoeys podcast friday avo) about it being less of a business with Pyke in charge. He also mentioned Suma and Woosha have been around to get them more involved.

Sounds like Pyke is serving it lace out to Suma all over again.

Suma redemption arc? This season is reality fan fiction, like a dream...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back