News Media Thread, 2024: Insightful, Inciteful and Incomptent

Remove this Banner Ad

Adding this to the Richmond inaugural, at sime point the past players are going to be like "i came just last month give it a rest"
I might be projecting...

The past players are not forced to come.

They are, however, shown that the club is extremely thankful for everything they’ve done and not forgotten.

It’s a fantastic thing for past, present and future players.

Looks to be unanimous appreciation from the fans too, both that it is happening and we are being brought along for the ride with the videos etc.

Another big tick for Sir Don.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apologies I don’t want to sidetrack your thread. I come in peace & apologies for the intrusion.

It’s all about promoting the sport in the South West as it’s helps the junior clubs thrive. There’s lots of other options for the families down here & any way I can help grow the game I’m keen to help.

Not fussed who people support, well possibly Carlton supporters, but apart from them all are welcome & without individual club supporters there are no clubs.

Like I said the Eagles are massively ahead of Freo in promoting their brand with a rep in Busselton & Niko in Dunsborough. He is an absolute ripper & doing an amazing job. I hope a few of you can make it to the function he’s promoting.
No need to apologise. Your type of 'intrusion' is very welcome. Thanks for giving us the heads up.

The past players are not forced to come.

They are, however, shown that the club is extremely thankful for everything they’ve done and not forgotten.

It’s a fantastic thing for past, present and future players.

Looks to be unanimous appreciation from the fans too, both that it is happening and we are being brought along for the ride with the videos etc.

Another big tick for Sir Don.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don has done an incredible job in changing the culture - obviously he has a wealth of footy club experience from player to premiership player to senior coach to assistant coach so he is so well placed to change our identity a bit.

I mean look at this:

IMG_0389.jpeg

The Don helping out with marketing for some new merch with the players.

Could you imagine Nizzy doing some modelling for some new t-shirts with the plebs? I think the sky would be falling.

Good to see Jarrod Cameron included and coming to Sir Doug Nicholls celebration

Don has done an incredible job in changing the culture - obviously he has a wealth of footy club experience from player to premiership player to senior coach to assistant coach so he is so well placed to change our identity a bit.

I mean look at this:

View attachment 1996343

Could you imagine Nizzy doing some modelling for some new t-shirts with the plebs? I think the sky would be falling.
Helps if your modelling stuff around your playing years 😆

I mean look at this:

View attachment 1996343

Good on him for getting amongst it.

I mean look at this:

View attachment 1996343

Apologies for the intrusion, but I couldn’t resist.

3241A662-3CA2-4E9A-A824-F3C556D8B2FA.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How fvxkin' predictable is it that the Vics have 3 teams leading the list of most injured players and now all of a sudden the game is too quick and it's giving us feedback that something needs to change. I don't recall anyone calling for an investigation when it was us on our knees for two years, aging, injured, and faced with relentless travel burdens.

The other thing with our injury list over the last two years - more often than not during that time our training standards, S&C staff, facilities etc were all questioned as to their adequacy as if it was somehow the club’s fault (with some validity to be fair). Bad luck was rubbished as an excuse despite several of our injuries being caused by impact

Not seeing that same type of questioning being applied now it’s Victorian clubs suffering

The other thing with our injury list over the last two years - more often than not during that time our training standards, S&C staff, facilities etc were all questioned as to their adequacy as if it was somehow the club’s fault (with some validity to be fair). Bad luck was rubbished as an excuse despite several of our injuries being caused by impact

Not seeing that same type of questioning being applied now it’s Victorian clubs suffering

Completely agree. When we were stuck in our injury crisis it was our own fault. Now it's the games fault that others are suffering the same fate.

The striking similarities between us, Tigers and now even the Pies is pretty eye opening. But as bad as clusters of injuries are, imagine plugging those holes with underdone players and having less time and access to adequate recovery options due to travel.

JLos comments have made morning radio two days in a row now. I wonder if they're being played in Melbourne...

I've got a Richmond mate who is lamenting their injury list and choice of 25-26 players as if it's unprecedented. I keep reminding him what we've been through the last couple years, WAFL top up players, underdone senior players...they don't get it.

Watch the calls for Richmond to get a priority pick if they keep getting belted by 70+ each week.

Completely agree. When we were stuck in our injury crisis it was our own fault. Now it's the games fault that others are suffering the same fate.

The striking similarities between us, Tigers and now even the Pies is pretty eye opening. But as bad as clusters of injuries are, imagine plugging those holes with underdone players and having less time and access to adequate recovery options due to travel.

JLos comments have made morning radio two days in a row now. I wonder if they're being played in Melbourne...
100%

I banged on at the time and am happy to bang on again. Playing injured guys too soon and without a WAFL run or two just made things worse. Time and time again Luke Shuey was rushed back when he should have been either not playing or playing half a Beagles game, and time and time again he was subbed off injured before half time. And it wasn't just him.

Time and time again we ended up extending the injured time of players due to rushing them back. It's fine to risk a player in a must win game or final. Roll the dice. But not in a day to day situation. I said at the time that what the club should have done is be genuine about injuries; anyone not fit should not play and definitely not travel. And at the time that may have meant we had a playable squad of 15 players, then so be it. Force the AFL's hand. Make them accountable. Allow us to forfeit, play unlimited WAFL top-ups etc.
Instead we kept on bringing guys back too soon and the players and the club lost out long term.

100%

I banged on at the time and am happy to bang on again. Playing injured guys too soon and without a WAFL run or two just made things worse. Time and time again Luke Shuey was rushed back when he should have been either not playing or playing half a Beagles game, and time and time again he was subbed off injured before half time. And it wasn't just him.

Time and time again we ended up extending the injured time of players due to rushing them back. It's fine to risk a player in a must win game or final. Roll the dice. But not in a day to day situation. I said at the time that what the club should have done is be genuine about injuries; anyone not fit should not play and definitely not travel. And at the time that may have meant we had a playable squad of 15 players, then so be it. Force the AFL's hand. Make them accountable. Allow us to forfeit, play unlimited WAFL top-ups etc.
Instead we kept on bringing guys back too soon and the players and the club lost out long term.

Yeah, the last two ears we were on a hiding to nothing. We'd have players injured in clusters and because we were playing players who were no where near ready for league footy we had to rush unfit players like pot belly Yeo and Shuey back which totally did them a disservice, then they'd break down after a game or two then go back to the well with the players who weren't good enough. It was a shit sandwich cycle the last couple years, I'm glad we broke the cycle of it this year.

I gotta say, it's kinda funny hearing guys like Kane saying "you'd rather Harley Reid than both McKercher and Duursma put together".

Mate, weren't you and your cronies harping on about us "needing" to split pick 1 to pick up multiple selections to accelerate our rebuild?

Turns out just drafting the best available player in the draft pool, who also happens to be a generational talent, might just be what accelerates a rebuild after all. JTR mic drop

I said all along that having the opportunity to draft Reid was the AFL equivalent of the Wemby draft. It was an absolute no brainer.

I've got a Richmond mate who is lamenting their injury list and choice of 25-26 players as if it's unprecedented. I keep reminding him what we've been through the last couple years, WAFL top up players, underdone senior players...they don't get it.

Watch the calls for Richmond to get a priority pick if they keep getting belted by 70+ each week.
And all while having won 3/4 GF's only 4 years ago. 😂

I gotta say, it's kinda funny hearing guys like Kane saying "you'd rather Harley Reid than both McKercher and Duursma put together".

Mate, weren't you and your cronies harping on about us "needing" to split pick 1 to pick up multiple selections to accelerate our rebuild?

Turns out just drafting the best available player in the draft pool, who also happens to be a generational talent, might just be what accelerates a rebuild after all. JTR mic drop

I said all along that having the opportunity to draft Reid was the AFL equivalent of the Wemby draft. It was an absolute no brainer.

Someone at some point is going to clip up his comments about us and the draft in 2023 and stack them up against his comments about us and HR in 2024. And it'll break the internet.

Someone at some point is going to clip up his comments about us and the draft in 2023 and stack them up against his comments about us and HR in 2024. And it'll break the internet.
Cornes’ comments about HR9’s fitness would have been okay if he’d just made the (bleedingly obvious) comment that to fulfil his potential he’d need to train well. No controversy.
But instead he implicated his training standards were not good because he got cramp (but conveniently overlooked that so do seasoned players). And no one pinged him by asking the obvious question ‘do you have any information that he is a poor trainer?’ Then he’s got to put up or shut up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back