Mod. Notice ** Melbourne Board - Suggestion & feedback thread, give us your suggestions **

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe a competition just like the goalkicking one, but this time to choose who gets the worst injury of the week? ;)
Not the greatest suggestion but sadly it might end that way. :(

* I've noticed that the 426 award has started to fall behind of recent times, maybe we could get it improved?

* We need a place in hell where all of Biff's gameday write ups are kept. The man is a classic writter.

Could we also get BS and Tap My Scott red carded for good? I'm sure everyone else will agree with me.

* I've noticed that the 426 award has started to fall behind of recent times, maybe we could get it improved?
Difficulty is in late voters. Particularly when the votes are close, we want everyone's votes to count but how long do we give them?

Might need a deadline.

Difficulty is in late voters. Particularly when the votes are close, we want everyone's votes to count but how long do we give them?

Might need a deadline.

I agree the deadline should be Wednesay 12noon or something similar. Anything later and people are just going to start guessing votes or copying others.

I agree the deadline should be Wednesay 12noon or something similar. Anything later and people are just going to start guessing votes or copying others.

Yep that sounds good, you set a cut off time that suits you BC & I can close the thread for votes around then if you like.

I say three days after each game is a good cut-off. We could say Wednesday, but then for matches like this week, doesn't leave much time.

I'll set a deadline in each thread from now on, and CA if you can come along and lock it then all's well.

Been away for two weeks with almost zero internet access but I'm back now.

Anything you want to discuss PM me & let me know.

:thumbsu:

With the seeming lack of interest in the banter thread, and the Richmond skirts getting bent out of shape in the preview thread, I thought perhaps we could start having 2 preview threads?

One with biffs preview where opposition posters can come and have a fair crack back at us, and another that is more serious, possibly started off like the recent game day threads with stats etc? The more serious one could flow into the GDT? The only regular banter poster seems to be duritz (kudos) where as we seem to get a few blow ins in the lead up to games

With the seeming lack of interest in the banter thread, and the Richmond skirts getting bent out of shape in the preview thread, I thought perhaps we could start having 2 preview threads?

One with biffs preview where opposition posters can come and have a fair crack back at us, and another that is more serious, possibly started off like the recent game day threads with stats etc? The more serious one could flow into the GDT? The only regular banter poster seems to be duritz (kudos) where as we seem to get a few blow ins in the lead up to games

Agree Comrade Eskimo - we need a proper preview thread

Agree Comrade Eskimo - we need a proper preview thread

200+ posts in 3-4 weeks isn't too bad but your idea has merit.

Your Melbourne board triune deity's will discuss that matter when we convene next at stone henge & let you know. :p

Eskimo, thanks for the suggestion, that's what the threads here for & we want everyone to use it.

Please continue to - as Jerry Mcguire would say: "Help me/us, help you."

:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm with eskimo... give opposition fans free(ish) reign in Biff's preview thread, and have the GDT started a day or two earlier (say, when teams come out on Thursdays) for any serious discussion.

No disrespect meant to Biff by this, as I love reading his previews every week, but the threads seem to consist of the following:
Excellent OP
"awesome preview Biff" x20
"why did you tip us, now we're going to lose!" x3
"I reckon we're a good chance this weekend"
... and this week, a bunch of incensed keyboard warriors in Yellow and Black.

Rarely is the Preview thread actually used to discuss the match - that discussion takes place in threads about changes/match-ups/crowd sizes etc.

I'm with eskimo... give opposition fans free(ish) reign in Biff's preview thread, and have the GDT started a day or two earlier (say, when teams come out on Thursdays) for any serious discussion.

No disrespect meant to Biff by this, as I love reading his previews every week, but the threads seem to consist of the following:
Excellent OP
"awesome preview Biff" x20
"why did you tip us, now we're going to lose!" x3
"I reckon we're a good chance this weekend"
... and this week, a bunch of incensed keyboard warriors in Yellow and Black.

Rarely is the Preview thread actually used to discuss the match - that discussion takes place in threads about changes/match-ups/crowd sizes etc.

Comrade DC - agree completely, as per above. If the wider consensus is that we need such a preview - and we do - then perhaps we can share it around on a week by week basis.

One other thing I have also noticed - and this is true of Big Footy in general - is that our Board is very male-dominated. I can think of only one person among us who might be a female - and I might be calamitously wrong.

Jaded over on Demonland is female but from what I gather, she does not post here.

Might it be an idea going forward to accomodate them somehow? I don't know how so I am just putting the thought out there.

Just wanted to say from a long time reader's perspective that the quality of the board has improved dramatically in the past few weeks/months and hopefully that can continue. Good stuff. :thumbsu:

Just wanted to say from a long time reader's perspective that the quality of the board has improved dramatically in the past few weeks/months and hopefully that can continue. Good stuff. :thumbsu:

Great to hear Deenamite, a few things on the go that the mods are discussing to try to continue to improve the board so its good to get positive feedback.

Cheers.

We would like everyone to keep offering up suggestions & feedback. If you don't want to discuss it here, PM a mod with your ideas & we'll take under consideration.

Remember this is you board, so the more you put in & the more you suggest the better the board will be as a whole.

This thread is no longer a sticky but I urge you all to subscribe to this thread for ease of access if you have a suggestion you thing would benifit the board.

I have also place a link in the rules & guidelines thread you can view here: Rules & guidelines

That thread will also go under some transformations soon which will also provide some links to threads so we can reduce sticky's.

lets face it once there is more than 4-5 stickied threads we tend to ignore them anyway & they clog up the board.

Bump.

A new year with new ideas and new posters, so let us know if you have any ideas that you think would make the board better in 2102.

If you want to float them beforehand then PM one of the Mods.

Bump.

A new year with new ideas and new posters, so let us know if you have any ideas that you think would make the board better in 2102.

If you want to float them beforehand then PM one of the Mods.

Whoa whoa whoa. None of us are going to live that long. :eek:

Although having said that, an appreciation thread of Max Gawn's great-great-great-great grandson wouldn't go amiss. A thread on how we look back on Neeld being the equivalent of Norm Smith wouldn't be too bad either. The yearly Dean Bailey baggage thread goes on in 2102 as well... and we look back on 100 years since Neitz won the Coleman.

How long has this board been called Melbourne Demons?

I remember discussing changes ages ago but is this new? I thought it was just Melbourne but what do I know :eek:

How long has this board been called Melbourne Demons?

I remember discussing changes ages ago but is this new? I thought it was just Melbourne but what do I know :eek:

Comrade WGS - CA and I did undertake a wide range of consultation and then made a call. We thought it best to avoid Poort's precept by including our foundation year - the future is far more important than the past.

We are the Melbourne Demons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back