Melbourne Demons in freefall.

Remove this Banner Ad

For mine, the most concerning thing is the lack of due diligence on appointing that club doc in the first place.

But, they pissed him off and won the premiership so it's all good.

Go Dees.

Reckon Goodwin would come off second best from that tbh.

What, against Bevo?

You're joking.

Bevo's kept himself in good physical condition, no question about that. Look at his pythons! Still hits the weight room for a cheeky session on the biceps, 10,000+ steps every day, probably isn't hitting piss for 12 hours on a weekend any more (though he used to). He'll probably "outmuscle" Goodwin in a wrestling match, where technical skill is a factor, and probably get the points decision in the boxing ring too, based on size advantage alone.

But he's not getting one up on Simon Premiership Coach and Coach of the Year Goodwin in a street fight. See there's no rules in a street fight, Bevo's a smart man, wiley even, but here's the thing: Goodwin's insane. Unpredictable. Mental. He's barking mad! Is he faking left, is he faking right? No he's just gonna grab that table over there and break it over your head. What's that in his pocket? Could be a form guide, could be a hammer, or worse, whose to say really, wouldn't like to bet on that one, would you? Whose picking a fight with the crazy guy talking to themselves, fuguzi foogazi-style like my man Simon? No one sane, anyway.

I really hope Bevo is polite and friendly next time he sees Simon Goodwin out and about. For his sake.

Nothing is going to come of it, Goodwin is safe for the time being. People shouldn't forget they went 5 - 17 in 2019 and finished 2nd last on the ladder. If the Premiership hangover is a shocker and they finish 9th or lower this year, look out, he might not have the luxury of surving on credits as long as Scott or even Hardwick? The pressure is on the Demons to perform again, at least make top 4, but the fickle footy fans are laying in waiting for the fall. Despite the Demons published support, they will know only too well, particularly if Gil knows too? He is the Premiership coach, nothing will happen to him in 2022. Perhaps he just wanted to get closer to the "boys"?

He's on the verge of getting a 3 year extension, I think he'll be right.

What, against Bevo?

You're joking.

Bevo's kept himself in good physical condition, no question about that. Look at his pythons! Still hits the weight room for a cheeky session on the biceps, 10,000+ steps every day, probably isn't hitting piss for 12 hours on a weekend any more (though he used to). He'll probably "outmuscle" Goodwin in a wrestling match, where technical skill is a factor, and probably get the points decision in the boxing ring too, based on size advantage alone.

But he's not getting one up on Simon Premiership Coach and Coach of the Year Goodwin in a street fight. See there's no rules in a street fight, Bevo's a smart man, wiley even, but here's the thing: Goodwin's insane. Unpredictable. Mental. He's barking mad! Is he faking left, is he faking right? No he's just gonna grab that table over there and break it over your head. What's that in his pocket? Could be a form guide, could be a hammer, or worse, whose to say really, wouldn't like to bet on that one, would you? Whose picking a fight with the crazy guy talking to themselves, fuguzi foogazi-style like my man Simon? No one sane, anyway.

I really hope Bevo is polite and friendly next time he sees Simon Goodwin out and about. For his sake.
You might well be right about a street fight. But to refer to your earlier post:

He was looking for "Bevo" too, no doubt would have given that crybaby sook a nice hip & shoulder.
A hip and shoulder? Bevo ain't moving for that.

You must be forgetting that Bevo is 1-0 vs sleazy media in the Crown Palladium bathrooms. Not sure Goodwin boast anywhere near those credentials.

Bombshell.

Simon Goodwin is being accused with bullying club doctor.

Time for AFL to put a stamp on bullying and Melbourne to hand back their premiership from last season.
Goodwin is accused of bullying the club doctor. Makes me wonder if he pressured Dee's players to take performance enhancing drugs. This scumbag is a former gambling addict and now alcoholic bully. It's all coming out now. Needs to be sacked asap before he brings the game in disreprute.

Melbourne has to have a astricks from last year's premiership after this bombshell. Need to sack Goodwin now and premiership points should be striped from them this season. Absolute disgrace the Demons are. It's the only way to stamp out this pathetic bahaviour of this obviously very desperate club to stoop so low. How desperate were they to win a premiership Geez. Makes me sick. That poor club doctor. I hope he sues and takes them down where they belong. Cheats.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk

Anyone would think he kicked a cat the way you are carrying on.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So whats going to happen now is that Melbourne at some stage this year will get the wobbles - a mediocre player will be found to be out on the piss / gambling whatever (exceeding whatever boundaries they have in place - if any?) - mainly because Melbourne have failed to address this and it becomes an acceptable part of the culture - this player will get absolutely fried and become a scapegoat for their poor form.

Poor culture can be swept under the rug if they're winning but if its not nipped in the butt its all gunna come out and the s**t will hit the fan when they lose a few games

You must be forgetting that Bevo is 1-0 vs sleazy media in the Crown Palladium bathrooms. Not sure Goodwin boast anywhere near those credentials.
Haha I don't remember the Crown Palladium story, but the Mentone boys I grew up with have some tales, not to be shared unfortunately!

So whats going to happen now is that Melbourne at some stage this year will get the wobbles - a mediocre player will be found to be out on the piss / gambling whatever (exceeding whatever boundaries they have in place - if any?) - mainly because Melbourne have failed to address this and it becomes an acceptable part of the culture - this player will get absolutely fried and become a scapegoat for their poor form.
We don't really have any mediocre players so that's pretty unlikely tbh.

I don't mind Goodwin being a campaigner but the whole pressuring a doctor on concussion is worrying.

Will give the benefit of the doubt that he's learned from it.

Poor culture can be swept under the rug if they're winning but if its not nipped in the butt its all gunna come out and the sh*t will hit the fan when they lose a few games
Wishful thinking.

Very.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What, against Bevo?

You're joking.

Can the mods change the title of this thread to "Who would win in a fight between Goodwin and Bevo?" It's much more interesting.

I knew this would happen. I mean I can't blame you as it was you're first attempt premiership in 67 years. I'm not here to create an argument with Dee's supporters. If anything I feel a bit sorry for you for being tricked by a con man Goodwin and delusional that you won it fair. Thinking you've had success in such a long time can do that. Can't blame you for doing anything possible to hang onto it even though you're club cheated with a coach unsuitable and gambled cheated and tricked everyone into this so called premiership. We are all fools not just Dee's supporters. With respect it's a bit hard to take you Melbourne's supporters views on this whole thing considering the desperation of that one *premiership in almost a century. Shame it had to end this way. It's understandable to be upset about it all but Melbourne must hand back the premiership for the integrity of the game.

Sent from my CPH2025 using Tapatalk
200.gif

Are gonna put an asterisk next to West Coast's 06 Premiership because the drugs sets a bad example to the kids OP?
Agreed that Eagles team set a bad example for me aged 9. 15 years later I’m taking drugs to feel ok

We don't know the context behind it.

It sounded as though the doctor was reneging on a previous discussion based on Goodwin's commentary.
You say that like it’s a contract and not a fluid situation. Someone can be fine one day and be suffering from concussion side effects the very next day. Flipping out at a doctor for putting the health of a player first is wildly concerning behaviour for a head coach. Especially with so much emphasis on Concussion protocols nowadays and even more so when it’s a guy like Brayshaw with an extensive history of concussion.

I'm convinced. Demons are clearly in big strife and I expect the AFL to award them a priority pick at the end of the year.

I couldn't really give a s**t at what's going on at the Demons, as it would be somewhat hypocritical of supporters of most teams to do so. I do, however, find the reports about him gambling somewhat disturbing. Not for the club but rather Goodwin himself.

As someone who bet on 4(?) AFL games back in '07, got fined $40k and had to undergo rehabilitation, it's not a great sign.

Hopefully he's gotten his s**t together and keeps away from gambling because, like alcoholics, it's incredibly easy to regress and it'd be terrible to see him go back down that path.

An asterisk*
Astley Ricks I believe he was trying to say.

"Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...now why the *ing hell isn't Brayshaw ready to play you *ing ** (proper asterisks) non white-bread, what do you call yourself, Doctor ! It's only concussion, weak as pi! I'm going down to the pub, I've got a tip on Race 3 you *ing ****!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back