List Mgmt. Menzel re-signs for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise for the heavy medico-scientific jargon I will use in this post :p But Dan's recovery and rehabilitation process this last time around should really open a few AFL medico eyes. If people cast their minds back, the first stage of this process was to take out all the sheeit that had been inserted into his knee previously (screws, rods, bands etc ) and let the knee heal naturally. Then undertake a traditional graft. And guess what, it's worked better than we could've hoped so far. Instead, clubs still race to insert screws, rods and all manner of junk into major leg breaks, knees, navicular etc. Just let the body do its own healing, and keep things as minimally invasive and simple as possible.

For all the talk of player welfare, clubs just treat players like cattle in most instances. They go hardcore invasive to reduce layoff period, not because it's best option. It's a trap that often leads to a cycle of other problems and destroys careers.

Anyone else certain he'd kick that goal after the 3/4 time siren?
No certain.. no...

But of anyone on the list, Id want the ball in his hands.

Go Catters

Menzel in that kind of form, especially when the chips are down and he's willing us to stay alive in the game, is worth the price of admission alone.

15 disposals yesterday but it felt more like 25 because he brought so many balls to ground that lead to scoring opportunities. He changes everything because along with Hawkins, the team know they have two extremely dangerous forwards to kick to. We can debate whether or not the Taylor "decoy" factors into this (personally I think it has despite his poor attacking contributions) but the end result is a far more dynamic and efficient forward line.

I've also noticed an improved endeavour to hunt and intercept the ball when the opposition are attempting to clear their defensive 50.

A genuine star and if his body could hold up for a full season he's still potentially AA level.

It gets a bit emotional talking about this bloke and just how good he is and what we might have missed out on.
Billy said it this morning and I said it somewhat recently, if not for the knees he'd be one of the best players in the comp.
He still might be soon of course.
I still get nervous whenever he jumps for a mark;"Please don't hurt yourself young man."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still get nervous whenever he jumps for a mark;"Please don't hurt yourself young man."

When he tried to lay a tackle in the second qtr (?) and he ended up on his knees on the ground not wanting to move had me concerned - I was so happy to see him get up, even if he did look a little proppy

When he tried to lay a tackle in the second qtr (?) and he ended up on his knees on the ground not wanting to move had me concerned - I was so happy to see him get up, even if he did look a little proppy

Didn't watch the game but I know too well what it's like to be on Menzel-watch. I don't think it will go away. I wonder what his mum's like? Can she even sit through a game?

I think time stop worrying or crying about what we have missed.. the milk is spilt. Its time to enjoy what we have for however long we have it. Players like menz are why sides win finals.. I have had doubts on what we could do this year.. but he stays fit and in form .. our forwardline has a finals winning look to it.

At this rate he could kick 40 - 50 goals and be a massive game changer for us - will still need to be managed for the year however even if the temptation is to let him run...

GO Catters

At this rate he could kick 40 - 50 goals and be a massive game changer for us - will still need to be managed for the year however even if the temptation is to let him run...

GO Catters

If he stay fit , thats AA form. The media moan about Dangerwood but its Hawkzel that getting us wins atm. If they had not be as efficient and in form as they are we would not 3-0. Can we get a full season out the two.

Hopefully the extended break this week will mean he can recover; suspect a 6d break and he might be resting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If he stay fit , thats AA form. The media moan about Dangerwood but its Hawkzel that getting us wins atm. If they had not be as efficient and in form as they are we would not 3-0. Can we get a full season out the two.
I'm thinking Menzkins myself.

Go Catters

I still get emotional watching this guy play.. I sense people will stop thinking of him as 'that guy who's had four knee reco's' and start thinking of him as 'that bloody annoying forward who plays for Geelong who almost kicks a bag every week and kicks goals against the run of play'. Ps my vote is for Menzkins, can we get a poll please :p

I just love watching him near the ball. We did it a lot last year, but it's clear they are happy to kick it long to him even with company as he will at least halve the contest. His ability to use his body under the high ball and get his hands to it does genuinely remind me of Gazza. Given he's kicking 3 and 4 in some games where we've struggled, I'm hoping he can have a day out somewhere during the year and get a really big haul. I hope I'm there to see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back