List Mgmt. Sam DeKoning re-signs till 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

In the title, we have locked up the best young defender for at least 3 more years.

Good on the club for getting this done very early.

Sam re-signs at Geelong, while his brother announces he's delaying contract talks at Carlton.

Interesting.
Well we've had success with Father/Son's could it be now we are trying to go the Brother/Brother method?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sam re-signs at Geelong, while his brother announces he's delaying contract talks at Carlton.

Interesting.

In all seriousness, you would think that we would be well and truly in the frame for TDK if there is any chance of him leaving Carlton at all.

Carlton surely can't keep pumping out huge long term contracts and especially if TDK doesn't have a huge year.

To me it just seems a good fit as we will have guys rolling out of the side just as TDK could potentially come into it.

In all seriousness, you would think that we would be well and truly in the frame for TDK if there is any chance of him leaving Carlton at all.

Carlton surely can't keep pumping out huge long term contracts and especially if TDK doesn't have a huge year.

To me it just seems a good fit as we will have guys rolling out of the side just as TDK could potentially come into it.

What are the chances the club made sure TDK got one of SDK's GF tickets (and Ollie Henry one of Jack's tickets) just so those boys could see what it is like up close to win a flag at the Cats ;) Fire up their imaginations a little bit and all that. TDK was in the thick of it with Sam on the ground after the win.

Very happy SDK has signed on! I'm in awe of how this club goes about things and very thankful.

Hope Sam enjoys running around in the hoops for many more years to come!

In a year of great achievements, this is right up there - really expected the Blues or other to throw enormous long term contracts at SDK.

Already a ‘colossus’, with enormous upside in front, ruck as well as back - would have been extremely hard to replace.

We don’t need Tom. And we don’t have the currency to get him anyway.

Although they have a house in Torquay he is also a Carlton supporter. (Not that, that means much)
He will just be holding out for a contract is my guess.

Its like having a great draft all over again.

SDK locked away with lots of visibility, still within the club pay structure but im sure he got a nice bump... and TDK pausing things at the BLues.

Means nothing in the big picture... but if we lose 2E, Smith, Ceglar, maybe Hawkins at end of 2023.... there will be TPP available to be deployed. Granted some needs to stay within the 4 walls of KP... but still...

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back