List Mgmt. Sam DeKoning re-signs till 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

IdealisticPastelClingfish-max-1mb.gif

Carlton fans are already conceding that Tom will be requesting a trade come next October, and the starting price seems to be 2 x first round picks & Max Holmes

Yes cannot agree more. Holmes > TDK

Easily right now. Was rated the best winger in the comp in the second half of the year. Looking at the 2020 draft, would currently be my top pick from there - on exposed form shown.

Only scratching the surface of his ability so far, and will get better and better - especially when he becomes a full time mid in the future :)

We don’t need Tom. And we don’t have the currency to get him anyway.

Although they have a house in Torquay he is also a Carlton supporter. (Not that, that means much)
He will just be holding out for a contract is my guess.
Actually the need will be there.
Gone will be Stanley & Ceglar.
Sav?? Who knows.
Conway at least another year maybe 2 away from full time duties.
Neale? Is he our forward or Ruck?? Does he stay or does he go??
Phoenix is at least 3 years away.
Hawk is a year 2 year prospect after 2023.

TDK fills more of a need than some can see, especially ATM. But after 2023 it will become clearer

As for currency... we picked up a bloke who was owed 1.6 million over 2 years.
Never thought we'd be even close to absorbing that over those 2 years TBH, but here we are.

Agreed that TDK is a good fit in terms of his age and our list demographic in 2024.

Do we need him next year? Probs not.

But 2024 yeah I think the need would be much higher.

Wouldn't mind if he has a year of small improvements (nothing crazy that will drive his price way up) and then come 2024 he is fully ready to take off.

Still hasn't played 50 games and is definitely a talent.

I heard he wanted to leave the Cats as our team was just too good and he wasn’t get enough action in the backline. Sam was furious as it cost him the rising star win last year. You can tell that he really hates the club.

Seriously, the best news of the off-season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What are the chances the club made sure TDK got one of SDK's GF tickets (and Ollie Henry one of Jack's tickets) just so those boys could see what it is like up close to win a flag at the Cats ;) Fire up their imaginations a little bit and all that. TDK was in the thick of it with Sam on the ground after the win.

Very happy SDK has signed on! I'm in awe of how this club goes about things and very thankful.

Hope Sam enjoys running around in the hoops for many more years to come!
And then made sure he got to celebrate on the field with baby brother

bf12738170f725a99f64f11a27411685

Great news about SDK, huge talent, now a proven performer. He is a cornerstone player you can build a list around.

Re: TDK. I know he is tall, but is he actually any better than an average ruckman? It is impressive I guess that he has played so many games as a young ruck, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me think he is better than ordinary. Happy to be proven wrong if he ends up in the hoops one day.

Carlton fans are already conceding that Tom will be requesting a trade come next October, and the starting price seems to be 2 x first round picks & Max Holmes
They really do overrate their players.

So far I’ve seen them ask for 2x first round and a player in Close/Holmes

Delusional as usual

Lol, some of them are balanced...others are just complete assholes. Mods are non-existent too there, so won't be heading back in a hurry.

Great news. Need neale done next.

Question to anyone who wants to answer it for the sake of ju8st passing the time.

Neale or TDK?

I'll take TDK but obviously hope Neale can get over the top of him.
In Neale's case... he is looking like possibly being more of a forward than a ruck, which is what we require more since we have Conway on our list.

Great news about SDK, huge talent, now a proven performer. He is a cornerstone player you can build a list around.

Re: TDK. I know he is tall, but is he actually any better than an average ruckman? It is impressive I guess that he has played so many games as a young ruck, but I haven’t seen anything that makes me think he is better than ordinary. Happy to be proven wrong if he ends up in the hoops one day.
Still very much in the 'potential' phase I think. He's been mentioned as a potential elite forward/ruck but the fact is he played 19 games last year and kicked 4 goals. Only one year younger than Ratugolea too.

Question to anyone who wants to answer it for the sake of ju8st passing the time.

Neale or TDK?

In Neale's case... he is looking like possibly being more of a forward than a ruck, which is what we require more since we have Conway on our list.
I posted a couple of weeks ago that a discussion with the SDK parents revealed the Cats are very excited by Neale.

Neale or TDK?

Neale..but if he does choose to leave tdk should be near the top of our list as a replacement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back