List Mgmt. High 5 re-sign: Atkins, Guthrie, Hawkins, Smith & Tuohy

Remove this Banner Ad

This may have been mentioned in another thread, but these 5 guys deserve a dedicated thread for this news

1 year extension for each of Hawkins, Smith & Tuohy
2 year extensions for Z. Guthrie & Tommy Atkins

So those 1 year deals will wrap up Hawk, Norm and Tuohy careers?

Reports that Tuohy originally wanted two years, so wouldn't be surprised if he backed himself in to go again in 2024

Smith, may well be 50/50 - would depend in the has desire to keep going or decides it's time for the next stages of his career. Telling will be if he still has his pace & the length on his kicking, if he loses those then easier to see 2023 being his final season

Hawkins has spoken about playing on for another couple of years - a 1-year deal is smart at this stage of his career, but with how he plays I could see him getting another 1 or 2 single year contracts beyond next season, and Hawkins becoming our games record holder

Hawkins has spoken about playing on for another couple of years - a 1-year deal is smart at this stage of his career, but with how he plays I could see him getting another 1 or 2 single year contracts beyond next season, and Hawkins becoming our games record holder
Wouldn't be surprised if Hawk just takes whatever is left after we have signed everyone up each year. Hence, one year deals each time.

So those 1 year deals will wrap up Hawk, Norm and Tuohy careers?
Id say Tomma will have the option to go again in 2024 if he feels he wants to / is able to.

Id agree the other 2 will be done.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

so atkins automatically moved to the main list now? you'd think he copped a decent pay rise from the rookie contract. good fro him.

Atkins and Close are both being elevated from the rookie list to the senior list due to having maxed out their years on the rookie list

Both also had signed contract extensions which included their final year on the rookie list and their first year on the senior list - this extension for Atkins is added to his current deal which was due to end after next season

Atkins and Close are both being elevated from the rookie list to the senior list due to having maxed out their years on the rookie list

Both also had signed contract extensions which included their final year on the rookie list and their first year on the senior list - this extension for Atkins is added to his current deal which was due to end after next season
And they will not have been on basic rookie wages is my understanding, otherwise they could have refused to remain on the rookie list.

Have, or will, Tom Atkins and Brad Close be elevated from the rookie list this year?

Have, or will, Tom Atkins and Brad Close be elevated from the rookie list this year?
I understnad they will be or already have been - its just paperwork at this point as their contract extensions demanded it per AFL rules for rookie durations.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back