News MFC Twitter: Our President, Don McLardy, will appear on Fox Footy's On The Couch at 8.30pm tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: MFC Twitter: Our President, Don McLardy, will appear on Fox Footy's On The Couch at 8.30pm tonig

DM was professional and diplomatic and sent out a message to the supporters. Im happy with that. We've got Schwartz and co to tell us what they really think :thumbsu:

Re: MFC Twitter: Our President, Don McLardy, will appear on Fox Footy's On The Couch at 8.30pm tonig

What do you want him to say?
I'm not saying he was bad, I just don't see how he can believe that we're doing fantastically playing group wise in training. Look what we're serving up!

never heard of him before, but that could have gone 2 ways

bad
or not bad

there really were no other results

i thought he was not bad

yeah bit a fluff, but on the couch aint the place to solve the problems the MFC is facing

I'm not saying he was bad, I just don't see how he can believe that we're doing fantastically playing group wise in training. Look what we're serving up!

well mayb we are training well and working hard at learning the game plan.. and if everyone read the Mission article last week that may explain why we aren't going to flash, seen as they are having a major fitness session mid week pretty much saying they don't care bout this year and that everything is about fast tracking the development of the list.. we'll be s**t up until the bye I reckon, but improvement will come.. we are a long way back and it seems our most important players can't get fit, it's really hurting us..

Exactly what i expected. Honestly, what is a president going to say about the players? Nothing. His main prioirty is to lead this club off the field. They employ a football department to worry about that. Would have loved to have seen Mark Neeld or Neil Craig last night instead, but i can understand why they would be bunkering down at this point in time.

Did anyone see 360? Mark Robinson is trying to get a hold of Colin Sylvia (regarding the smiling with Kennedy post match) for an interview and has requested one through his manager, Tom Petoro. That i would love to read/hear.

Pretty much this. We want McLardy to tee off on everyone but he can't that - it's not professional and he has to simply come in and play a straight bat as much as he can.

I didn't want him to tee off on anyone. All I wanted was for him, on behalf of the MFC (he is the president after all) to accept responsibility for the situation we're in now. You want to play up our rich history, well you've got to accept that our failings are part of that history and its something you've inherited in the same way you've inherited all the things that have made us great. Explain how we got into our current position and then explain how we're going to get out of it. That means admitting the errors of your and past administrations as well as football departments. I'm p'd off that Neeld is even part of the discussion; he simply hasn't been around long enough to deserve any blame and I feel that any talk about his position is just diverting attention from where it is most needed. The truth is, Neeld is having a positive effect by exposing those players who don't want to be part of our club. If we don't win a thing but weed out those players, he'll have still achieved something worthwhile. As to the statement Mclardy put out, it wasn't a statement at all; it was simply a long-winded excuse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back