Mid season draft 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Not with that attitude we ain't

McLean averaged 30p, 1 goal and seven tackles per game in the VFL last year after returning from his ACL ... what he would bring is effort ... be handy to have a VAFA player come in and show up a few ... I mean inspire ... a few senior players on our list.

My attitude doesn't matter, it's not happening. I don't think (I hope) the club is not naive enough to think we are going to contend for a flag in the next 1-2 years before Lynch retires, the same Lynch that really can't stay on the park anymore.

McLean is a top up/bandaid player, he's state level and he's 28. He would be a classic list clogger that just takes games away from actual players that are going to eventually take us up the ladder.

What do you want our midfield rotation to look like? Hopper, Taranto, Prestia, McLean? :sick:

Probably can't be done through the mid season draft but Sydney have a VFL listed player Phill Moimoi who is an absolute gun and we should try to lure through him at the end of this year.

Very close mates with Lefau and originally from Victoria, he's a 182cm 83kg forward who can play both as a mid sized lead up forward and as a crumbing small.

Currently 23yo. Very talented with massive upside. has kicked 2 bags of 3 in his first half a dozen games this year.

My attitude doesn't matter, it's not happening. I don't think (I hope) the club is not naive enough to think we are going to contend for a flag in the next 1-2 years before Lynch retires, the same Lynch that really can't stay on the park anymore.

McLean is a top up/bandaid player, he's state level and he's 28. He would be a classic list clogger that just takes games away from actual players that are going to eventually take us up the ladder.

What do you want our midfield rotation to look like? Hopper, Taranto, Prestia, McLean? :sick:
It is the MSD ... they are all pretty much list cloggers ...they are the toys that other people threw away or never wanted in the first place ...

how many AFL games have Coulthard, Tresize and Bauer played in total ... would have to be less than 10 ... and even with this injury plague all will play VFL this week.

So with Hopper still hobbling around , Taranto a month away and Ross two months ... who do you propose can help get the ball into our front half ...

you do realize that we have kicked the ball to Tom Lynch more than any other player than Mykelti this season ... that is how few entries we have had since he was injured ... he has played 3 out of 10 games for FFS

It is the MSD ... they are all pretty much list cloggers ...they are the toys that other people threw away or never wanted in the first place ...

how many AFL games have Coulthard, Tresize and Bauer played in total ... would have to be less than 10 ... and even with this injury plague all will play VFL this week.

So with Hopper still hobbling around , Taranto a month away and Ross two months ... who do you propose can help get the ball into our front half ...

you do realize that we have kicked the ball to Tom Lynch more than any other player than Mykelti this season ... that is how few entries we have had since he was injured ... he has played 3 out of 10 games for FFS
They aren't all list cloggers, there are 19, 20, 21 year old kids with upside that were probably unlucky not to be drafted with a ton of development left in an elite environment.

Has been or never quite made it guys in their late 20s are just bandages taking sway games from developing our players.

We're gonna finish bottom 4 may as well give those games to players that will take us forward in time.

No point using a pick just to patch a hole for a few weeks.

Probably can't be done through the mid season draft but Sydney have a VFL listed player Phill Moimoi who is an absolute gun and we should try to lure through him at the end of this year.

Very close mates with Lefau and originally from Victoria, he's a 182cm 83kg forward who can play both as a mid sized lead up forward and as a crumbing small.

Currently 23yo. Very talented with massive upside. has kicked 2 bags of 3 in his first half a dozen games this year.
Phil Moi Moi nominated for the MSD

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howes
Blight
El Nour

Although I'd love to draft Joel Garner just because of the name and I will love the Big Bird references and all of the jokes that go with it!

Richmond VFL players to nominate
Sam Davidson - 6 months
Mutaz El Nour - 6 months
Joel Garner - 6 months
Liam George - 18 month
Austin Johnson - 6 months
Archie May - 6 months
Lachlan Street - 6 months
Lachlan Wilson - 6 months
Street is out for 12 months

Remove this Banner Ad

Back