thegoldenbear

Team Captain
Feb 8, 2001
In the cyber woods
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
Let's start with the major signing of the summer ........

Malcom Blight - has settled nicely, and is showing has quite a bit of talent. Perhaps needed a year to instill a bit of faith into the team but can really see him enjoying his footy at the momnet despite the ladder position. 9/10

Aaron Hamil - MAYBE a little over-priced, maybe, but gee wiz he plays with a lot of heart every week. Seemed to be lost in the forward line for the early part of the season when we were expecting him to be leading the goal kicking for the team. Couragous, a great example, usually straight kick and future leader of the club. No doubt has probably done everything asked of him. 9/10

Craig Callaghan - Took a punt with this guy, seeing as he came from Freo but has been excellent. Sure he missed a few games with a hammy, but who hasn't this year. Gives us a hell of a lot more than Gavin Mitchel did. Versatile and yet skillful enough to play in the middle too. 9/10

Fraser Gehrig - Hasn't set the world on fire by any stretch of the imagination, but is improving which is what we all want to see St. Kilda do. Has had some good matches, but get's frustrated when it seems like he's the only guy sticking to a man so drops his bundle a bit. Looks like his fitness has turned the corner (touch wood - lol) and with Aussie bringing the ball out of the 50, should make for a more dependable backline next year. 7/10

Brett Voss - Also been hit by injury, and has shown a bit. But hasn't had a great game. With Harvey out, now is the chance to cement a place in the square. 6/10

Steven Lawrence - Unlucky to have been decimated by injury. A talented player who will be great for us when healthy. This year is a write off. 3/10

Mathew Capuano - Talk about the lesser of two evils. By that I mean this lumbering idiot or Tim Elliot. Seriously what has he done? In and out of a side that has half the team already out means that this experiemnt has failed and needs to be set free to go and do something else, 'cos his heart's not in footy. Troy Schwarze has been terrific and under the guise of Malcolm, can only get better. 1/10

Swap Gehrig and Hamill and you've got it pretty close. Gehrig has been excellent this year, beaten virtually everyone he has played on in the last 10 weeks. It's been a long time since we've had a key defender capable of holding the oppositions best forward reasonably quiet

good summation goldenbear, agree with all except one.

i have to agree with htbs in regard to gehrig, i believe he has been the best of the recruits. considering he had no pre season and has never played a key defensive postion before he has exceeded my expectations of him. he has taken the biggest and best forward each week and has kept them virtually kickless. eg. lynch kicked 8 against the hawks 1 against us the following week on gehrig. his value to the side is underated, can you imagine our defense without big fraser in it, max or elliot would have to take the best forward. :rolleyes:

the injuries to steven lawrance are bloody frustrating for everyone. we need him fit and firing as he will add a real bit of grunt (c) to the side.

Gehrig (quite possibly) is THE form backman of the competition.

His record so far is outstanding, yes I understand his intensity looks down but that's just the laid back style he plays with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back