Million seat stadium. Is it possible?

Remove this Banner Ad

The best part would be when people are on the phone to their mate at HT.

"I'm right underneath the small scoreboard with the CUB ad, about 30 rows back from the railing. Yeah...yeah..I'm standing up and waving. Yeah. Can you see me?? Can you see me?? I'm waving. No. No! CUB. C. U. B."
You want to see me do what? :eekv1:

1,000,000 seat stadium?

Sure, let's build it...but for that size it'll need to serve the whole world, so let's build it on the moon!

Low gravity will solve a lot of the engineering issues after all, and as for the extra distance/cost...Hey, it'll be about as viable either way..

You just know the AFL would still make general admission the section right up the back. Imagine the gouging they would do in terms of seats closer to the action.

An Artist has designed a million seat stadium, which is quite amazing. Here is the concept art:

Paul-Pfeiffers-1-million-capacity-stadium-concept.png

Do you think this could ever be used in the AFL? Maybe in 50 years time? It would sure take the controversy away from Grand Final ticketing allocations.

It would also be an amazing tourism attraction.

I was thinking you only use 100,000 seats for normal games, and you cordon off the rest, but for the Grand Final and other big games, you release those extra 900,000 to have the ultimate capacity.

Thoughts?
3v4vho.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember show on the history channel about Hitlers plans for Berlin if the Nazis won WW2 it had a lot mega structures like this. You would need a mad dictator to build it, maybe China in 100 years, or Putin could have focussed on such things instead of invading other countries

Under the NCC that would equate to a requirement of 5000 male urinals. One male urinal equals 600mm of trough.
That's 3km of piss trough.
And the streams, if laid end to end, would wrap around the world twice!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back