Certified Legendary Thread Mitch watch - get that boy a contract - UPDATE: 2 year contract secured!

Remove this Banner Ad

I was listening to Mitch's youtube call/comments broadcast on the Dockers, Port game yesterday and viewers get to send in questions, one asked was what will you do post footy? He gave 2 responses, move into player management which would entail a move back to Melbourne post playing career... and the other have an exhibition fight or 2, he commented that he needed the money.

He didn't explicitly say it but the overall vibe I got from the telecast was that he is resigned to the fact that this will be his last year at the Lions.

I was listening to Mitch's youtube call/comments broadcast on the Dockers, Port game yesterday and viewers get to send in questions, one asked was what will you do post footy? He gave 2 responses, move into player management which would entail a move back to Melbourne post playing career... and the other have an exhibition fight or 2, he commented that he needed the money.

He didn't explicitly say it but the overall vibe I got from the telecast was that he is resigned to the fact that this will be his last year at the Lions.
Do ex players actually make any money from exhibition fights?

It’s not like they get a big pay tv payout from their fights.

Do ex players actually make any money from exhibition fights?

It’s not like they get a big pay tv payout from their fights.
No idea although you would think they would make some decent coin for them to even consider stepping in the ring and getting bashed around the head. Maybe Mitch could fight Jake Stringer's uncle... I'd pay good money to see that.

Or Paul Gallen, Barry Hall, Justin Hodges, Damian Barrett???

No idea although you would think they would make some decent coin for them to even consider stepping in the ring and getting bashed around the head. Maybe Mitch could fight Jake Stringer's uncle... I'd pay good money to see that.

Brent Staker?

Would have to be someone in a similar weight class.
Maybe Campbell Brown?
Although he may have to trim down a bit for the fight.

On RobVlogs today right at the end there was an interesting titbit, he said "a week is a long time in footy I actually thought I was ahh potentially hanging them up to playing a game" ..... must be contemplating retiring mid season, probably doesn't enjoy playing reserves footy at this stage in his career although he definitely still gives his all there.

I hope he doesn't and I don't think he will, probably just a bit down, you never know we might need him again in finals, if so he'd regret it forever.

On RobVlogs today right at the end there was an interesting titbit, he said "a week is a long time in footy I actually thought I was ahh potentially hanging them up to playing a game" ..... must be contemplating retiring mid season, probably doesn't enjoy playing reserves footy at this stage in his career although he definitely still gives his all there.

I hope he doesn't and I don't think he will, probably just a bit down, you never know we might need him again in finals, if so he'd regret it forever.
Headed to North next year.

Headed to North next year.
Mitch has said he will be returning to Melbourne when his footy career is over but that is because there are more opportunities to get into player management down there... personally I don't think any other club would take Mitch on.

Mitch has said he will be returning to Melbourne when his footy career is over but that is because there are more opportunities to get into player management down there... personally I don't think any other club would take Mitch on.
He should move back to Tassie and start to put a list together for the new Tassie franchise.

This posted by his wife - wonder if it's a flash back to the beginning because it's ending.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Not going to the game, so won't be there if it is the end. Hopefully we can keep him around for another year, but I suspect there will be acceptance that the fairytale isn't going to happen and a mini rebuild.

Love your work Mitch. You are a poster boy for those of us who's enthusiasm sometimes crossed the line. You should be so proud of your work - you have built a second career while still succeeding in your first. Wish I had half you energy.

Does anyone know if he can play reserves if we get knocked out of the ones?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-30-23-22-56-59_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-30-23-22-56-59_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg
    581.2 KB · Views: 131
Mitch said on his latest Robvlogs that his house is being sold on 1 October 2022 and mentioned next phase of his families life without specifics which says to me they are leaving Brisbane. Perhaps he been told by Fagan that his contract isnt being renewed so he knows and obvously planning to move, hence his house being sold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitch said on his latest Robvlogs that his house is being sold on 1 October 2022 and mentioned next phase of his families life without specifics which says to me they are leaving Brisbane. Perhaps he been told by Fagan that his contract isnt being renewed so he knows and obvously planning to move, hence his house being sold.
He also has ongoing back injuries, could be that the pain isn't worth it as well.

Robbo did say in a RobVlogs or Podcast recently that he will likely move back to Victoria when his playing career is over as there would be more opportunities to get into player management down there. I am of the view that it is the right time for him to move on with his life, he has been a wonderful addition to our club over the last 8 years, it will be sad to see him go.

33 going on 34 next years is a good innings. Right decision by the club not to offer another year, despite him being one of the most loved lions in recent memory.

This posted by his wife - wonder if it's a flash back to the beginning because it's ending.

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭 Not going to the game, so won't be there if it is the end. Hopefully we can keep him around for another year, but I suspect there will be acceptance that the fairytale isn't going to happen and a mini rebuild.

Love your work Mitch. You are a poster boy for those of us who's enthusiasm sometimes crossed the line. You should be so proud of your work - you have built a second career while still succeeding in your first. Wish I had half you energy.

Does anyone know if he can play reserves if we get knocked out of the ones?
He has played a few games in the 2's. I'm not sure what the minimum number of games is but I think he would be close.

As someone who did not want Mitch anywhere near my club, I'm going to be so sorry to see him go. He won me over very quickly with his never give in attitude and 110% effort every game..

He gave his all for this club and I hope in some way we can say an official goodbye to him when the time is officially over for him.

He was loud, he was like a bull in a china shop and a real hardnut but he kept on getting into the rough and tumble of it all in every game he played, probably to the detriment of his body too.

We all fell in love with Mitch and are going to miss his unique style and personality when he does finally leave us.

As someone who did not want Mitch anywhere near my club, I'm going to be so sorry to see him go. He won me over very quickly with his never give in attitude and 110% effort every game..

He gave his all for this club and I hope in some way we can say an official goodbye to him when the time is officially over for him.

He was loud, he was like a bull in a china shop and a real hardnut but he kept on getting into the rough and tumble of it all in every game he played, probably to the detriment of his body too.

We all fell in love with Mitch and are going to miss his unique style and personality when he does finally leave us.
Totally.

When mooted there was a lot of pushback via a no-d**heads type concept ... Mitch was a win, Fev was a loss, Hodge was a win ... but forever he will make us double check our prejudices when it comes to players from other teams and their potential value to us.

I’m not sure where to post this…. But has anyone else seen the footage of beast cutting off Robbo’s rat tail… 😂

I think some people probably thought the rats tail was feral but it always made me think of the great boxer Kostya tszyu and his rats tail when I saw Robbo rocking it. Which I think is quite fitting.

I think some people probably thought the rats tail was feral but it always made me think of the great boxer Kostya tszyu and his rats tail when I saw Robbo rocking it. Which I think is quite fitting.

He says he was going to cut it off to raise money for charity at the end of this season.

Oops.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back