Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Taylor Walker missing out after his horror 12 months would be a travesty of justice. Certainly not one of the worst players in the league, but like GAJ last year he deserves a nomination for his absolute shithouse captaincy.

Player #3 - Sam Kerridge

416378f300000578-4599828-image-a-1_1497370929157.jpg

Welcome to this years' Bottom 50.

Reason I'm not an AFL player #374 ... This doesn't seem lazy to me, just efficient.

Tippett is easily in Colin Sylvia territory, and considering was paid higher and performed worse, should join the lofty ranks of inclusion without paying a game.
Agree.
If you consider how much Tippett was being paid at both the Crows (under the table) and then the Swans - he is probably the most overpaid player in AFL history. An absolute flop. Deserves a lifetime hall of fame membership in Mofra's bottom 50.

Agree.
If you consider how much Tippett was being paid at both the Crows (under the table) and then the Swans - he is probably the most overpaid player in AFL history. An absolute flop. Deserves a lifetime hall of fame membership in Mofra's bottom 50.

Inaugural legend status in Mofra's HOF.
Followed by Josh Bootsma.
Then Zac Dawson.
Finally, Jack Watts.

Agree.
I did watch him kick 7 against my boys at docklands one day, couldn’t miss (Adelaide kicked 21.4 for the day). Chris Knights kicked 5 that day too (it was while his leg was still intact).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I did watch him kick 7 against my boys at docklands one day, couldn’t miss (Adelaide kicked 21.4 for the day). Chris Knights kicked 5 that day too (it was while his leg was still intact).
Yes he did have his moments. I don't agree his entire career was bottom-50 worthy. But 2017 & especially 2018 absolutely.

Not too many spots left for Alex Fasolo to fill ...

“Alex Fasolo became yet another high profile Collingwood player to rip the heart out of their supporters by defecting to the arch enemy Carlton - joining Cameron Wood, Dale ‘Daisy’ Thomas, AFLW player Nicola Stephens, and Supercoach (TM) Mick ‘The plant’ Malthouse - who were all folks who in recent years left the Pies to go onto much greater things at the Blues.

Alex only played one game in season 2018 because he was apparently cruelled the entire season by shoulder and ankle injury.

The other half of the entire season he managed to play 12 VFL games for a handy 24 goal return ... having unfortunately been kept out of Collingwood’s star studded forward line of Josh Thomas who was 12 months back from a two year suspension where he was forbidden from so much as sniffing a Sherrin, Jayden Stephenson a first year player, and some mature age player from Tassie named Mihocek who Collingwood picked up in the 14th round of the 2017 rookie draft.“

Last edited:
Player #4 - Jack Billings

Jack Billings, bless him, has the ignominy of being drafted between two of the games' brightest young stars.
Josh Kelly from North GWS is in the conversation as one of the game's best midfielders, while Marcus Bontempelli already has two club B&Fs to his name - one of which was for a premiership season .

Although I loved Bally, this seems eerily like the 2001 draft.
Has there ever been a discussion about Hodge, Ball, Judd?

Asking for a friend.

With only two spots left, we are at that very pointy end of the countdown, where unless Mof gets creative with his numbering system - we are frantically trying to shoehorn about 20 s**t trucks into only a few remaining positions....

Who will take out the honours (?) and who will need to work harder at spudding next year to earn their spot....

Not too many spots left for Alex Fasolo to fill ...

“Alex Fasolo became yet another high profile Collingwood player to rip the heart out of their supporters by defecting to the arch enemy Carlton - joining Cameron Wood, Dale ‘Daisy’ Thomas, AFLW player Nicola Stephens, and Supercoach (TM) Mick ‘The plant’ Malthouse - who were all folks who in recent years left the Pies to go onto much greater things at the Blues.

Alex only played one game in season 2018 because he was apparently cruelled the entire season by shoulder and ankle injury.

The other half of the entire season he managed to play 12 VFL games for a handy 24 goal return ... having unfortunately been kept out of Collingwood’s star studded forward line of Josh Thomas who was 12 months back from a two year suspension where he was forbidden from so much as sniffing a Sherrin, Jayden Stephenson a first year player, and some mature age player from Tassie name Mihocek who Collingwood picked up in the 14th round of the 2017 rookie draft.“
Cameron Wood shouldn't be mentioned among Thomas, Stephens and Malthouse considering you guys delisted him and Carlton picked him up in the PSD a year later

Expecting Rockliff and O'Shea (top 10 for clangers, outoide top 250 for disposals), but feeling like I'll end up disappointed.

O'Shea probably isn't high profile enough to get a ranking this late but the bloke legitimately had one of the absolute worst AFL seasons of all time. Definitely should've cracked the 50 at some point.

O'Shea probably isn't high profile enough to get a ranking this late but the bloke legitimately had one of the absolute worst AFL seasons of all time. Definitely should've cracked the 50 at some point.
On about the same level as Kerridge I would have thought. One but not both perhaps.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back