Vintage Bay Mofra's Bottom 50 of 2017 - the "finals were better last year" Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Slight difference.
One guy went to a club and won a premiership
The other left a club who won it after he left.
Can't forget this as well

304874_28fbe07e8aba5b514d1ed3681a7887d5.png

Player 20 - Blaine Boekhorst

Pictured: Blaine appears over the moon to play for Carlton

Blaine Boekhorst is not a type of South African dried and cured meat, but a former first round selection for Carlton who just a few short months earlier tweeted this:

His career lasted longer than Mick's tenure at the Blues but that appears to be the end of Blaine's AFL career highlights.

At the time his drafting was seen as a bit of a "reach" for Carlton fans in that they didn't wait for GWS to draft him first and then trade for him. As a mature ager (21 when drafted) Blaine made absolutely no impact in his time at Carlton and still, in his mid 20s, is light for his size at AFL level.

This year he took until round 15 just to get a game, as the sole survivor of his draft. Clearly this was the time the Blues were cooked and were playing kids more to determine what to do at the end of the year rather than to win games. Despite this, Blaine still managed to get dropped twice this year before playing the last month in the seniors and, to be fair, playing pretty decent football in his last two games.

Foolishly, Blaine kicked 3 goals in his final game sealing his fate with Carlton's "trade out anyone who can score" strategy well known. Despite it not working for years it is almost admirable the way Carlton stick to this strategy with all the tenacity of Robbo trying to catch a barman's eye at 3 minutes before closing time. Yes, Robbo :rainbow:

Now before you begin to feel pity for Boeky and his short-lived AFL adventure, I'd like to point out that he did willingly choose to be seen in public looking like this:

Pictured: Not photshopped

Blaine, Boekhorst, well done on trying to cook what the Blues were smelling, or something. Welcome to the Bottom 50 for 2017.

Wow , I don't think i ever saw a picture of Blaine before.

Judging by his expression, he wishes it wasn't that particular photo....

Which is fair enough....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop polluting this thread with your meta bullshit and go find a sense of humour
Well you've just undone all the hard work I've been doing the last 3 months trying to get you mod status.

Blaine's parents should be reprimanded for thinking up the name Blaine. ******* stupid in any language

It sounds like one of those names you get as a kid when you go to those Laser Skirmish places.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back