News Mooney signs 2 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Blaze makes some good points. Seeing Caolan sprinting after the opposition, and running them down, was a highlight at some of this year's VFL games. If he can do that at AFL level, he will be electric! The club obviously sees his potential, so let's give him more time.

Thrilled the Pies have shown such faith in him. I think people are being totally unrealistic expecting too much too early from Mooney. He has shown what he can do in the second tier competition and would be the most explosive athlete at the club. I would love to see him move up the ground a little as his tank develops rather than try and be an opportunistic small forward which is very difficult for a non-native to learn.

We should go to a local athletics club in Melbounre and recruit some athletes that can run sub 11 second hundreds because that is all Mooney is right now.

We should go to a local athletics club in Melbounre and recruit some athletes that can run sub 11 second hundreds because that is all Mooney is right now.
Have you seen him in the VFL? Not many players in their 2nd year of football have been able to do what he has done. FFS In his first year of football he kicked 5 goals in a game in the second highest comp in the land. There is an enormous amount of upside here.

Have u seen much of tuohey this year? He is much better than a solid contributor

Maybe I was a tad over-critical of Tuohey. Although he isn't as valuable to his team like Pyke or Hanley. If Moons can come close to Tuohey I'd still be happy. Pace pace pace!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think he'll be a good player for us. Must be hard making the transition.

Hope he gets more of a go in the AFL soon. Seems to always start as the sub and play a quarter, which is probably hindering his development a touch.

His mrs is smokin though. She must've been ok with it. :p

Good signing. The Irish boys can take a bit longer to develop. Pearce Hanley didn't exactly show a great deal in his first 3 or so seasons. Look at him now.

Mooney could follow the same path. :thumbsu:
Was going to mention Hanley. Fair dinkum he had no idea in his 2nd year. Basically ran around like a headless chook.

Look at him now. Absolute gun. Mooney has some very good attributes.

Must nurture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back