Moore in isolation on Foxtel

Remove this Banner Ad

I would actually be very surprised and not just a little bit pissed off if Moore did leave us for another club. What a breath of fresh air he is as an AFL interviewee. Articulate and bookish, two traits not often found in footballers. His dog looked like a sluggish, lethargic beast, but nevertheless cute and not really his anyway, so he is not to blame for the animal's indolence.

I would actually be very surprised and not just a little bit pissed off if Moore did leave us for another club. What a breath of fresh air he is as an AFL interviewee. Articulate and bookish, two traits not often found in footballers. His dog looked like a sluggish, lethargic beast, but nevertheless cute and not really his anyway, so he is not to blame for the animal's indolence.
And he speaks fluent Indonesian and after he went up to the NT to work with our next generation academy, felt so guilty at his ignorance of our first Aussies that he studied Indigenous Art as part of his degree at Melbourne Uni.

What the hell is going on.

Good Horse has got Josh locked in a dungeon where he is farming him for bellybutton lint and now your turning Darcy into a satisfying hot beverage.
We are desperate for some live football. Our imaginations run wild without the familiar spectacle of AFL.

Quote: 'I'm not a footyhead at the best of times'.

Conclusion: It seems quite clear to me that we've seen Darcy play his last game for Collingwood. Indeed, it's hard not to conclude that we haven't lost him from the game altogether, that the period of isolation has connected the thoughtful young man to worlds beyond the holy pigskin. Why else would he issue such a telling statement, on a television show about football?

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. I thoroughly doubt it.

Conclusion: It seems quite clear to me that we've seen Darcy play his last game for Collingwood. Indeed, it's hard not to conclude that we haven't lost him from the game altogether, that the period of isolation has connected the thoughtful young man to worlds beyond the holy pigskin. Why else would he issue such a telling statement, on a television show about football?

You're going to send TD into a state of panic you mean basterd.

You're going to send TD into a state of panic you mean basterd.

I can only call it as I see it. You call him a show pony, I call him a goner.

Gone. Not sure where to, but if I had to guess then I'd say something along the lines of ethical investing. Just a guess.

* Dave, I don't really think that Darcy is leaving the game...or Collingwood.

He was just stating the bleeding obvious, that there is much more to life for him than football. I don't necessarily agree with him, but he does seem to find plenty to distract him from AFL and doesn't seem too perturbed at the prospect of sitting out the game for much of 2020. He will be back in Collingwood colours. If nothing else he will stay for the money of which I am sure we will offer him plenty. I did think he might have shown just a bit more enthusiasm for the game given the length of his interview and the show on which he was appearing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can only call it as I see it. You call him a show pony, I call him a goner.

Gone. Not sure where to, but if I had to guess then I'd say something along the lines of ethical investing. Just a guess.

* Dave, I don't really think that Darcy is leaving the game...or Collingwood.
I am not sure Dave is going to see the fine print. I didn't!

I am not sure Dave is going to see the fine print. I didn't!
I remember in 2016 he said he wasn't a footyhead when he was interviewed with Peter on SEN as they were promoting a fundraiser for an ex=Carey guy who was left with a brain acquired injury after a one punch offence. He said that he would prefer to read a book on Friday nights than watch footy, but it was in the context of ensuring that footy didn't define him. For eg Treloar is a footyhead yet suffers from mental illness at times concerning his obsession and said that had he not suffered the double hammy injury in 2018 he would have taken a break from the game, so maybe this is healthy. Last year though he said he was absolutely loving his footy (Darcy that is) when interviewed because of he had missed it when chronically injured during 2018.He has always been described as different by teammates and at Carey in final year was captain of the debating and athletics team as well as being in the production. Maybe he is just diverse. Even Bucks has changed from the mad footyhead of his early years in the game.

He was just stating the bleeding obvious, that there is much more to life for him than football. I don't necessarily agree with him, but he does seem to find plenty to distract him from AFL and doesn't seem too perturbed at the prospect of sitting out the game for much of 2020. He will be back in Collingwood colours. If nothing else he will stay for the money of which I am sure we will offer him plenty. I did think he might have shown just a bit more enthusiasm for the game given the length of his interview and the show on which he was appearing.

Agreed, he's a young bloke with a bit of perspective. Seems to enjoy living outside the footy bubble. I think I've noted it before that he's how I imagine myself as a footballer, if I'd had his looks, intelligence, temperament, and football talent.

PS: You're right, the fine print was too fine. WE HAVE NOT SEEN DARCY MOORE PLAY HIS LAST GAME FOR COLLINGWOOD. I'd say 'bookmark it', but really, who gives a f*** what I think from one day to the next?

It does give a whole new meaning to tea-bagging TheGreatGrundy
source.gif

At least Darcy finally has his hair sorted. He’s abandoned the bad bleach and ragged cut, and settled on a half long/half short/slightly floppy/carefully casual look. More like his personality. Good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back