• Already a member but not rejoining

Votes: 6 3.5%
  • Hoping to join

Votes: 36 20.8%
  • Chris Masten

Votes: 65 37.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

So it was in your eyes and vision or a pleasant winters sun on the lap?

Yep - it wasn't too bad but not that good either. Will be better in the winter sun - I think.

And the afternoon starts are pretty crap anyway. Hoping for not too many more of those as the seasons roll on.

Night games are brilliant The Sydney and GC games were brilliant.:D

Next game against Port will be an afternoon start as well - maybe some clouds! ;)

Was surprised seats on the eastern side were still cheaper for the GC game than the western side, even though the sun was no longer an issue.

Yep - very difficult to figure out how the pricing on tickets works. Try logging into Ticketmaster to get ticket for the Freo v WCE games and it's a different price and availability every couple of hours.o_O

Yep - very difficult to figure out how the pricing on tickets works. Try logging into Ticketmaster to get ticket for the Freo v WCE games and it's a different price and availability every couple of hours.o_O

It appears to have flicked over to choose your seat view for the derby. There were no double seats left earlier in the week, but now there's a 3 rows where you can get seats together (though they're $70 a pop seats).

Last edited:
It appears to have flicked over to choose your seat view for the derby. There were no double seats left earlier in the week, but now there's a 3 rows where you can get seats together (though they're $70 a pop seats).

Gone now - only singles left!:(

Is the hardness of Optus stadium taking its till now on the players?

Pulling up sore, losing a few to lower leg injuries, looking sloslow against a bottom 4 team - it doesn't look good.

That being said surely Freo would be feeling it too?

Gonna be a ripper Derby!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching ABC Offsiders program according to Caroline Wilson and Richard Hinds the reason for the hard surface is the underground car park. Have i missed something?

Last edited:
Watching ABC Offsiders program according to Caroline Wilson and Richard Hinds the reason for the hard surface is the underground car park. Have i missed something?

Concrete under the playing surface.

Gives you a very flat and level playing surface but also hard!

Concrete under the playing surface.

Gives you a very flat and level playing surface but also hard!

It's concerning. If the injuries continue then the whole playing surface will need to be redone in the off season. We're only part way through the season...

I don't know if it's got concrete under the surface but it does have a substantial membrane that the soil and turf sits on top of. Changing the soil or elevating the playing surface even marginally could have substantial benefits to it's softness.

Anyone know how many ticketmaster outlets there are at Optus stadium and where they're located?

Might need to upgrade some kids tickets on gameday...

I think there's basically one at each gate.
I originally went to the ticketbooth at Gate D (Suns game) to upgrade a child to an adult and the guy looked at me like I'd just asked him for the saturday lotto numbers.
Went to the ticketmater booth at Gate E and was done without any problems. Spoke with the West Coast staff also sitting in the ticketbooth at Gate E and they said that the Gate D guys mainly deal with corporates so don't really know what they're doing with this stuff.
I'm not sure if this is the same for the derby given it's a Freo home game.

It's concerning. If the injuries continue then the whole playing surface will need to be redone in the off season. We're only part way through the season...

I don't know if it's got concrete under the surface but it does have a substantial membrane that the soil and turf sits on top of. Changing the soil or elevating the playing surface even marginally could have substantial benefits to it's softness.

Who designed this? This is just amateurish. Plenty of stadiums throughout the world and Australia that they could have modelled on. It's obviously an issue as every player has commented on it in post-game interviews. If there are another 2 lower limb injuries attributable to the surface, they should just go back to Subi and fix the surface now.

Back