My resignation from the Liberal Party

Remove this Banner Ad

XXX KINGS said:
john%20kerry.jpg

lol:)

lol i couldn't watch him address the nation without bursting out with laughter.

To suggest that the youth of today are uneducated is a pretty broad statement. I don't think the general intelligence of the today's youth would be any different to the general intelligence of the youths of previous generations. They seemed to turn out fine. I don't like to think of myself as being an idiot or uneducated even though some of my views and ideals can be a bit screwed up on the ocassion.

A lot of people now consider our generation to be even smarter than those before us. I guess it's each to their own.

I should have maybe said easily influenced... The democrats will do anything to get a few extra votes, they tried to get the celebs to deliver deceitful propaganda to the youth of America and it probably had a slight affect on who the they voted for... but it was good to see they weren't all blinded by the lies.

.... Try going to a Greenday concert without hearing of how evil bush is, stealing oil, killing and torturing people all so the big corporations get richer while regular Americans get poorer.
But of course they have the 'right' to say it (without being shot...) lucky they live in a free country, the very thing they are against developing in another country.

well the richer are getting richer, the division of wealth has increased, the US are stealing iraqi oil and the US govt has tortured people...so its what? telling the truth.

Kerry>>>Bush

just too honest a politician to deal with a deceiptful GOP government!

bush_chimp.jpg

from SNL :

Why can't people understand that I don't flipflop on issues, I'm against the war when speaking to anti-war people and I'm for the war when i'm speaking to pro-war people.

http://www.slate.com/id/76886/

match this many moronic quotes....

But Iraq has—have got people there that are willing to kill, and they're hard-nosed killers. And we will work with the Iraqis to secure their future." —Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hands cut off by Saddam Hussein."—Washington, D.C., May 25, 2004

dan warna said:
http://www.slate.com/id/76886/

match this many moronic quotes....

But Iraq has—have got people there that are willing to kill, and they're hard-nosed killers. And we will work with the Iraqis to secure their future." —Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005

"I'm honored to shake the hand of a brave Iraqi citizen who had his hands cut off by Saddam Hussein."—Washington, D.C., May 25, 2004
fair dinkum..... did he really say that? GWB is worse than Goofy(aka Ronnie Reagan)

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
fair dinkum..... did he really say that? GWB is worse than Goofy(aka Ronnie Reagan)
given he presided as a governor of one of the highest execution rates in texas, and that he never once offered a reprieve, and that several executed were subsequently proven innocent, i think he is ghoulish enough to mean what he said.

the web site has links to download some of his actual gaffes.

The Useful Idiot said:
...Adolescent insecurities are a mandatory part of the maturation process. A sure sign of insecurity is a refusal to admit to, at some stage, not feeling completely secure..........

.............After accusing him of having Osama Bin Laden’s number on speed dial, it’s the least I can do.

People such as yourself should not have joined the Liberal Party to begin with. Economic girlie-men such as yourself belong in the ALP.

dan warna said:
actually if you look at the demographic and the voting it seemed the more educated the area the higher the vote for the democrats in the US. the lower the education levels were in the area the higher the vote for the republicans.

Similarly matching socio economic form.

you could say that the republicans were the party for the people and the democrats the party for the educated and well paid.

You can't say that with America though dan, because voting isn't comulsory.

XXX KINGS said:
To suggest that the youth of today are uneducated is a pretty broad statement. I don't think the general intelligence of the today's youth would be any different to the general intelligence of the youths of previous generations. They seemed to turn out fine. I don't like to think of myself as being an idiot or uneducated even though some of my views and ideals can be a bit screwed up on the ocassion.:D

A lot of people now consider our generation to be even smarter than those before us. I guess it's each to their own.

Today's youth are substantially more intelligent than the last generation. the last generation was substantially more intelligent than the one before them also.

And it will continue to be so next generation.

It's mainly due to the sheeer wealth of information available today than there was in the previous generations.

Monkster said:
From SNL
Why can't people understand that I don't flipflop on issues, I'm against the war when speaking to anti-war people and I'm for the war when i'm speaking to pro-war people.

John Kerry -

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it,"

Here's a question, who said the following...

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime. He presents a particularly grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to miscalculation … And now he is miscalculating America’s response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction… So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction is real …”

"I've had one position, one consistent position, that Saddam Hussein was a threat."

"No one can doubt or should doubt that we are safer - and Iraq is better - because Saddam Hussein is now behind bars."

Dubya?

O'reilly?

Coulter?

Nope, just the leader of Bush's oppositon, John Kerry, who ofcourse now has done a complete back flip and wants us the US-led forces to cut and run.

Speaking of quotes, another nice one, "Go ******** yourself" Im sure you know who said that.

rick James said:
Today's youth are substantially more intelligent than the last generation.
It's mainly due to the sheeer wealth of information available today than there was in the previous generations.
Another post you'll cringe at when you emerge from puberty.

Having access to information does not imply the intelligence to interpret and use it to best advantage.

Appleyard said:
Having access to information does not imply the intelligence to interpret and use it to best advantage.

many will argue RJ is right but for different reasons. IQ's have supposedly risen over time due to better nutrition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

medusala said:
many will argue RJ is right but for different reasons. IQ's have supposedly risen over time due to better nutrition.
..... and how do you measure that?

Not by the current obesity levels I hope!

Appleyard said:

Check out Appleyard's recent poll as proof of the maxim.

Appleyard said:

I never said it did.

All I said was that as each generatio is exposed to more and more information, at younger ages (when memory retention is most effective), as well as improvements in diet, every generation thus far has been more intelligent than the previous one.

It's commonly accepted - perhaps when you grow out of adulthood you'll cringe at your pompous grandstanding. Snob.

section8 said:
Check out Appleyard's recent poll as proof of the maxim.

I wouldn't dare post in that poll - that poll was agains tteh forum rules and guidelines.

I will have no part of it.

rick James said:
I never said it did.

All I said was that as each generatio is exposed to more and more information, at younger ages (when memory retention is most effective), as well as improvements in diet, every generation thus far has been more intelligent than the previous one.

How are you defining intelligence here?

rick James said:
I never said it did.

It's commonly accepted - perhaps when you grow out of adulthood you'll cringe at your pompous grandstanding. Snob.

Care to post some evidence?

beatnik said:
yes, as they get old and grumpy they naturally seem to move from the politics of the "we" to the politics of "me"

Always got to love this "you don't vote the way I do; therefore you're selfish" argument. And I suppose the people who voted for an erratic idiot like Latham to become our PM last year were all being totally selfless, were they?

rick James said:
I never said it did.

Perhaps, but the difference could only be tiny, probably negligible.

Bernie Quinlan said:
Always got to love this "you don't vote the way I do; therefore you're selfish" argument. And I suppose the people who voted for an erratic idiot like Latham to become our PM last year were all being totally selfless, were they?
evo said:
Yeah,it's one of the few things that really annoys me too superboot.
Looking after your own interests is not necessarily selfishness.

To speak generally, the left looks after the interests of those who need it most. The right does not (and usually does the opposite).

Therefore, the charge of selfishness can be levelled at the right as a philosophical concept, regardless of who is currently the leader of the Australian Labor Party.

evo said:
what a load of rubbish mightyfighting.I thought you were smarter than that.
You like to tie it up in silly theories and pleasant words, but in the end, right-wing politics is primarily just class warfare from the top end of town.

Always has been, always will.

MightyFighting said:
You like to tie it up in silly theories and pleasant words, but in the end, right-wing politics is primarily just class warfare from the top end of town.

Always has been, always will.

that is pretty ridiculous. you know it too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back