Recommitted Nat Fyfe [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

Damien Martyn probably more chance of playing 50 games of footy than jaeger at this point.

Moist Biscuit what's your take on nats ordinary form this year?
Still leg issues?
Distracted?
Checked out mentally?
I think the checked out mentally things bullshit. Paddy Dangerfield, Gary Ablett and Lance Franklin all before him tried their guts out for their sides so I don't think Fyfe would deliberately not try his hardest, especially when we're the clear favourites to keep him. He's just had basically a whole season off with injury, I'll give him more than 10 games before judging him.

I think the checked out mentally things bullshit. Paddy Dangerfield, Gary Ablett and Lance Franklin all before him tried their guts out for their sides so I don't think Fyfe would deliberately not try his hardest, especially when we're the clear favourites to keep him. He's just had basically a whole season off with injury, I'll give him more than 10 games before judging him.

Fair enough it wasn't a dig or anything, just curious to know your thoughts.
Sounds like you just think he's still just blowing out some cobwebs?

His leg not an issue to any degree you think?

Fair enough it wasn't a dig or anything, just curious to know your thoughts.
Sounds like you just think he's still just blowing out some cobwebs?

His leg not an issue to any degree you think?
Yeah fair enough mate, Players often never recapture their previous form after horrific leg break, hopefully Fyfe isn't one of them but you can never be too sure. Even if we got Fyfe at 90% for the rest of his career he'd still be a top 5 player in the comp imo. He's playing at about 70% of what he's capable of imo. He may leave I just don't believe any captain of any club would ever mentally check out halfway through a year, especially when we've surprised a few people this year.

To add to the checked out mentally bs, he's been a massive reason we actually got across the line in half those close games. He's had some mammoth 3rd and 4th quarters this year when the game was on the line, that's not someone who is checked out. Not even Fyfe is immune to breaking a leg twice, being out for a year and a half and taking a while to get back to peak form

I wonder who the big fish is st kilda are going to land ?

It seems like Fyfe and Martin will stay at their respective clubs. Kelly is an interesting one but they were saying on radio tonight that he is close to agreeing on a two year contract extension.

Maybe Rockliff is interested in moving to Seaford?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St. Derp running around like headless chooks :drunk:

Lazily jumped on the Kelly bandwagon after North brilliantly put their neck out and pre-empted his elite form.

Now they decide they don't like Fyfe after a few down games? Bloke is a star still Saints, don't stress :rolleyes:
Been on the Kelly wagon a long time

Lazily jumped on the Kelly bandwagon after North brilliantly put their neck out and pre-empted his elite form.

Saints have been in talks with Kelly's manager for several years.

North are actually the bandwagon jumpers re Kelly after they exited a group of older players only last season and have been looking where they can splash the cash. Depending what week it is they say Kelly, they say Martin....

Now they decide they don't like Fyfe after a few down games? Bloke is a star still Saints, don't stress :rolleyes:

The insiders at the Saints have stated all year that the Saints were not chasing him, and indeed that most likely that Fyfe would stay at Freo.

After the last St Kilda Fyfe media story went on radio in WA, Bains was interviewed on radio in Melbourne and part of what he stated was how he had post the last Stkilda/ Fyfe meadi beatup had contacted several player managers of OTHER players that the Saints were in ongoing discussions with to assure them that his past discussions with them was still the preferred option.

The Herald Sun has confirmed the Saints have no interest in Fyfe and will instead zero in on other trade targets including Greater Western Sydney midfield jet Josh Kelly..

This last HS story is in fact nothing new. Fyfe was never coming to the Saints. Just a headline grabber on a slow news day and bait for the gullible.

It seems like Fyfe and Martin will stay at their respective clubs. Kelly is an interesting one but they were saying on radio tonight that he is close to agreeing on a two year contract extension.

Greg Swann mentioned he will re-sign with the lions. I'd say we're still balls deep in fyfe. Media know * all these days.

The one noone seems to be talking about is Whitfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back