Nat Fyfe

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes.

Never saw Richo win a final off his own back, seen Jack bring us into the 2017 GF and outscore a whole team in the 2019 premiership.

Richo is a generational hero and cult figure, a phenomenal player but can't be in the conversation the same way Fyfe cant be.

What a ridiculous argument! Buckley was a better player then dusty Richo and Fyfe and never won a flag??

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Pav and Fyfe kinda similar in terms of impact on game. Fyfe great midfielder who can be pushed forward and make an impact. Pav great forward who could be thrown in the midfield and make an impact. Pav ahead for mine at the moment. Fyfe should pass him by careers end.

GAJ is the best since 2000 personally, Judd and Franklin I wouldnt be able to differentiate (thought prime Judd is my absolute favourite of all time to watch). There is a logjam behind them though I'd have Fyfe pretty much the best of that lot. It's funny, Pav will probably have the better career because Fyfe wont get to 300 games I dont think (yet alone close to 350) but Fyfe's peak is better.

There is a bit of differentiation between best career and best player to me.

Pav and Fyfe kinda similar in terms of impact on game. Fyfe great midfielder who can be pushed forward and make an impact. Pav great forward who could be thrown in the midfield and make an impact. Pav ahead for mine at the moment. Fyfe should pass him by careers end.

What about Hawkins v Pavlich?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Hawkins v Pavlich?
Thats a very interesting question.
hawkins probably better to build a forward line around because hes taller and a better contested mark. Never underestimate how hard it is to build a functioning forward line .
Pav kicked 700 goals despite playing 6 seasons of 17 in either midfield (averaging over a goal a game and 20+ disposals) or back (played remarkably like shannon hurn i reckon). On a side note from the period 2002 to 2015 which was his prime i don't think freos percentage dipped below 85 could be wrong though.
So if i were to draft one I'd actually go for what I need. If i need a key forward hawkins otherwise all other positions pav is better.

People get sentimental about pavlich but fyfe is undoutably the better player.
I put fyfe 5th since 2000 ablett, franklin, judd, martin and fyfe. However if fyfe manages to get a premiership medallion or another brownlow genuine chance of jumping to third.

He's the best since ~2015. If he weren't quite as injury prone he could possible elevate even higher. He's won 2 Brownlows already so if he gets a good run at a year or 2 mostly injury free he could reach the next bracket of peak Judd, GAJ and Buddy as a modern great.

Last edited:
I can see
He's the best since ~2015. If he weren't quite as injury prone he could possible elevate even higher. He's won 2 Brownlows already so if he gets a good run at a year or 2 mostly injury free he could reach the next bracket of peak Judd, GAJ and Buddy as a modern great.
He should have won 3 already. He was robbed 1 year.
Can't see him getting another as he will be playing more & more forward as the young guns take control of the midfield.

hes won 1 more brownlow than that other afl legend shane woewodin,that should add some perspective in regards to achievements on winning the brownlow and where that now sits and has sat for the past 22 years after essentially becoming just a midfielders award

You reckon Michael Jordan would consider himself the goat if he never overcame those Pistons and win 6 champiobships in a "team" sport?
So few players on field in basketball. Probably possibly to win a premiership of the boot (or hand) of one player.

hes won 1 more brownlow than that other afl legend shane woewodin,that should add some perspective in regards to achievements on winning the brownlow and where that now sits and has sat for the past 22 years after essentially becoming just a midfielders award
Try Leigh Matthew trophies then. Havings said that Buddy probably deserved one, too.

Anyway. Overall it is impossible to make a final decision. He is among the very best. Everything else is based on a bit of luck with injuries, team success and media reception.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back