List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were to split our pick, I hope we do it on the night. Would hate to miss out on someone like Sonsie and instead end up with Dunstan and Blake Acres MKII. I'd only want to swap the pick if we miss out on who we really wanted.

It was at the time the lockdown commenced and he felt Owens was rapidly climbing up the draft board.
Made to drive us all mad...

We didn't want them to play as they were all going to be BOG in games.

We did want them to play but stink it up in a couple to put doubts in othe club recruiters minds.

Meanwhile other club recruiters are all planning how they keep their own Academy kids and don't even know the names of ours... Windowens or something...Pal? 🤔

If we were to split our pick, I hope we do it on the night. Would hate to miss out on someone like Sonsie and instead end up with Dunstan and Blake Acres MKII. I'd only want to swap the pick if we miss out on who we really wanted.

I’ve got a feeling there will be a lot more live trading at this year’s draft. In a draft which is regarded as even, some clubs may be tempted to trade-up in order to draft a player they perceive to be a bargain.

For example, if Wanganeen-Milera is still on the board at pick 19-20 I can see either Adelaide club trying to trade into a pick in order to draft him. But it would cost them.

It’s why, this year, a draft pick in the late teens or early twenties could easily exceed it’s face value. There may be highly rated players that slide due to the evenness of the first round.

We did want them to play but stink it up in a couple to put doubts in othe club recruiters minds.

Meanwhile other club recruiters are all planning how they keep their own Academy kids and don't even know the names of ours... Windowens or something...Pal? 🤔
Well if the other clubs don't know the names of our NGAs then they'll probably come here to find out.

And it's only fair that we help them out. It is a nation wide competition after all.

Having said that, I will be shattered to miss out on Sam Alabakis, Paul Cahill or Nicholas Coughlan.

Meanwhile other club recruiters are all planning how they keep their own Academy kids and don't even know the names of ours... Windowens or something...Pal?

Knightmare’s comments to me were made on August 3rd. Melbourne went into lockdown on August 4th. At the time he thought Owens was zooming rapidly up the draft board to the point where he was considering him to be a top 20 draft prospect.

It is unknown how the lockdown will impact on the final draft order. But it can go either way, especially if exposed form in States not impacted by COVID is underwhelming.

another opinion.
If we could get Brisbanes two first rounders you're guaranteed two of them and while ward would be good and a possibility at 9 two of goater, chesser, Sinn, Draper even Mac Andrew might just be better.

Sonsie is the interesting one, if he gets past the Hawks he might get to us at 9 but doubtful he gets much further than that. Depends how high the recruiters value him and the chance to get him.

Sent from my SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we could get Brisbanes two first rounders you're guaranteed two of them and while ward would be good and a possibility at 9 two of goater, chesser, Sinn, Draper even Mac Andrew might just be better.

Sonsie is the interesting one, if he gets past the Hawks he might get to us at 9 but doubtful he gets much further than that. Depends how high the recruiters value him and the chance to get him.

I’d hate to miss out on Sonsie by a pick or two.

we are in a really good place to develop someone like him. Stick him in the 2s until he earns it

no need to rush him. Proper development unlike others in the past we fast tracked.

another opinion.
This Josh Rachele bloke intrigues me. I realise he’s a small forward but if he’s anything like Kosi Pickett then I’m in. Plus, Lonie & Kent a chance to be delisted, Higgins plays tall & high up the ground & Gresham should be looking for more midfield minutes. That leaves us with Butler. I know we want midfielders but we also need class & X factor around goal.

This feels like a wait and see. If Sonsie and Ward are gone at 9 and we feel Sinn could slip then pull the trigger but definitely don't do that early.

This Josh Rachele bloke intrigues me. I realise he’s a small forward but if he’s anything like Kosi Pickett then I’m in. Plus, Lonie & Kent a chance to be delisted, Higgins plays tall & high up the ground & Gresham should be looking for more midfield minutes. That leaves us with Butler. I know we want midfielders but we also need class & X factor around goal.
Look I’m not pretending to be an expert on achilles injuries.

but I imagine that’s where Gresham will play a fair bit of football going forward.

Knightmare’s comments to me were made on August 3rd. Melbourne went into lockdown on August 4th. At the time he thought Owens was zooming rapidly up the draft board to the point where he was considering him to be a top 20 draft prospect.

It is unknown how the lockdown will impact on the final draft order. But it can go either way, especially if exposed form in States not impacted by COVID is underwhelming.
It will take 4 Sandy players to be taken in the top 20 given Sinn, Callaghan and Chesser appear to be locks in that range but yeah who knows what a recruiter has seen that they like in Owens and less likely Windhager (only in terms of top 20 I'm talking). Of course watching Sandy, Blake Howes kicking a couple each week might have taken the eye off them if they have need for a forward that played a lot of his juniors as a mid.

we are in a really good place to develop someone like him. Stick him in the 2s until he earns it

no need to rush him. Proper development unlike others in the past we fast tracked.
Ideally we keep our first, get a few seconds and target the dogs first but I struggle to see how it happens.

From what I've seen of sonsie he looks a great fit but I feel like the Hawks will jump. Mitchell lives his Box Hill guys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's unlikely we'd end up with two of those players.

Our 2nd pick would end up 20 so they'd all likely be gone by then. Fair chance we might miss out on most of them with our first as well.

We'd be relying heavily on a lot of luck.

Ideally we keep our first, get a few seconds and target the dogs first but I struggle to see how it happens.

From what I've seen of sonsie he looks a great fit but I feel like the Hawks will jump. Mitchell lives his Box Hill guys.

If I was a hawthorn fan, would he be what we need?

taking Sonsie means there is a good chance a Ward or a Gibcus lands at Stkilda.

Mac Andrew would probably be a worthwhile take for Richmond now 2 talls are leaving. If freo get pick 6. They’ll surely take Amiss and Erasmus (I like the look of him)

Well if the other clubs don't know the names of our NGAs then they'll probably come here to find out.

And it's only fair that we help them out. It is a nation wide competition after all.

Having said that, I will be shattered to miss out on Sam Alabakis, Paul Cahill or Nicholas Coughlan.
Might need to trade up to get Alabakis. No way he'll be there at 9.

If we rate these NGA players, I don't see why we'd really want to be trading up into this draft. Most likely we will make some pick trades with a team that has NGA's or father-sons coming next year, which will be a swap of future thirds or fourths so that we line up the picks to match the bids when they come.

If these two guys end up being ranked in the 20-40 range, then basically we are going to go into the draft with pick 9 (becomes 11) and junk and get the equivalent of 11 and two second round picks. That will be an exceptional result, especially on top of getting Sharman in the rookie draft. It will give us a good little group of 18-20 year olds to work with going forward.

It seems like the best case scenario is for us not to have a second round pick, which would just get eaten up by a bid. It also means we should end up having a bloody good draft without having to do much.

Last edited:
Plays mid too. I know, I know we have heard it before, but I don’t think he’s your Butler/Lonie type

If we rate these NGA players, I don't see why we'd really want to be trading up into this draft. Most likely we will make some pick trades with a team that has NGA's or father-sons coming next year, which will be a swap of future thirds or fourths so that we line up the picks to match the bids when they come.

If these two guys end up being ranked in the 20-40 range, then basically we are going to go into the draft with pick 9 (becomes 11) and junk and get the equivalent of 11 and two second round picks. That will be an exceptional result, especially on top of getting Sharman in the rookie draft. It will give us a good little group of 18-20 year olds to work with going forward.

It seems like the best case scenario is for us not to have a second round pick, which would just get eaten up by a bid. It also means we should end up having a bloody good draft without having to do much.
Although we could trade the pick if a bid comes in. A mid 20s pick is probably very likely to be ok.

Although we could trade the pick if a bid comes in. A mid 20s pick is probably very likely to be ok.
Can you trade a pick after a bid comes? I'm not sure you can.

To get a pick in the mid 20s we would have to give up a lot, I guess the point I'm making is we don't need to do something like that because we'll hopefully get a player valued at around that pick for much less if we line up the later picks right.

Can you trade a pick after a bid comes? I'm not sure you can.

To get a pick in the mid 20s we would have to give up a lot, I guess the point I'm making is we don't need to do something like that because we'll hopefully get a player valued at around that pick for much less if we line up the later picks right.
I'd be surprised if we were able to trade after a bid, and even more surprised if any club would let us. Why would they willingly give us a free pick?

Yep, we fell off a cliff after 2010 because we stopped drafting good players after 2002. You have to keep adding pieces while you can.

He's more like Didak than Pickett but he's also a proper leader as well. He's not what we need but he has some great traits. Apparently a beautiful shot on goal and got a bit of alpha swagger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back