Rumour Neale-y premiership time! (was: Neale before the Lions!)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I just don't get this.

He's our best player and you were excited at the prospect of losing him so we can play chook- lotto with some young kids in the draft?

If you consistently apply this rationale, we should be looking to offload all our top players when we reckon their trade value has peaked and/ or they are out of contract in the next two years.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I actually challenge the assertion that Neale is our best player, hence why I have a different view. I judge a player's importance on how it impacts the structure of our team and feel like that his role should he leave, would be able to be filled with minimal impact. Neale will leave at some stage, which can't be said for others, so the notion of "offloading all our top players" is just ridiculous. He was non-comital in his latest presser about staying beyond 2 years. Which leads me to MY opinion that the best thing for the long-term prospects of our club would be to maximise his trade potential now.

Great outcome - but there is still one question that needs to be answered
- who leaked the info to Ryan Daniels and why? Was it Freo or Was it someone from the family?
If it was Freo, I would be dirty if I was the Neale's, as would all Lions supporters.

Neale sounded very emphatic - however, lets hope its not Beams mark 2.

We now go back to Plan A - 2 1st rounders
Hopefully Dees lose this week - so if could be pick 15/16. Bundle that with Pick 14 and who knows who we can get in the draft.

Great outcome - but there is still one question that needs to be answered
- who leaked the info to Ryan Daniels and why? Was it Freo or Was it someone from the family?
If it was Freo, I would be dirty if I was the Neale's, as would all Lions supporters.

Neale sounded very emphatic - however, lets hope its not Beams mark 2.

We now go back to Plan A - 2 1st rounders
Hopefully Dees lose this week - so if could be pick 15/16. Bundle that with Pick 14 and who knows who we can get in the draft.
Lachie's dad was implying the leaks came from inside the Freo club, personally i think this may have played a role in what happened.

I think this is good. We don't need 2 more high draft picks right now, we have 2 first rounders and Ashcroft coming next year.

We only owe him $600k, theres no like for like, for him out there. We would have gone backwards.

He will have a massive 2022 I reckon, a bit to prove to Freo and his team mates.

If he goes in 2 years time, yes he will be worth less but hopefully our midfield is more established and we get a decent pick for him.

Anyone dismayed with this development needs to chill, I feel like he is being judged on the back of an injury riddled year - imagine if this happened last year? we would be spewing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You know what the funny thing is? We acquired all these players from draft picks. The same things we would receive if Neale left. Shocking, I know right?
Other players acquired in a similar fashion include Josh Schache, Ely Smith, James Aish, Billy Longer and Sam Mayes.

This is the spot where the ad for the financial investment company would say quickly "past results are no guarantee of future earnings".

A few red faces and apologies might be in order .
Some of the stuff written about Lachie and Jules was disgraceful .

So glad they are staying ❤

Not red faced nor do I feel a need to apologise for the gamut of emotions I and probably quite a few others have been through.....at first I was stunned with the news, then was so sad and worried about our future, then I was angry but was nearly over that too leading to a flat resigned feeling of him going....but today is another day...

They are staying and I let out a big yes when I got in the car, turned on the radio just at the end of Lachie speaking and heard the news...

...and I'm glad too that they are staying. :love:

Like everybody else in these rotten Covid days, we are all suffering all sorts of emotions and we sometimes forget in our own misery and down times that players and wives can go through these times as well....a great outcome for Lachie, Jules and our club (and us)

As you were folks, nothing to worry about! (phew):whistle::thumbsupv1:

So happy with this. The extra kick in the guts from this news on Sunday after the devastating loss sucked. Lets hope the boys line up our match with Freo next year to deliver them an absolute pantsing as payback.

My profile pic with Lachie is absolutely my highlight of the past 10 years and did not want him to go before we hit that summit.

Go Lions for 2022!!

Other players acquired in a similar fashion include Josh Schache, Ely Smith, James Aish, Billy Longer and Sam Mayes.

This is the spot where the ad for the financial investment company would say quickly "past results are no guarantee of future earnings".
Right on!

Picking kids in the draft is an inexact science.

Historically, the ND is littered with duds, spuds and Never Were's. Even at the supposed top end.

I'm surprised that there is this pessimistic view that Lachie Neale is somehow near the end at the ripe old age of 28 and won't be worth a cracker in two years time.

I'll take Lachie and Pick 14 over Pocks 6 and 8 any day

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back