News Ned Guy List Manager to leave after MD

Remove this Banner Ad

I will say it again----a player manager has no business in list management (the skillset is not he same).

We've had similar issues with our list manager (Justin Reid), who is also an ex-player manager.

So earlier today I reworked Billie Eilish's Bad Guy for my friends. Thought you guys might enjoy it also.

So I am Ned Guy
Love to hand out cash guy
Huge contracts for trash guy
No deal we can't hash guy
I'm that mad type
Makin' Buckley sad type
Cap space getting mad tight
Might drop half the list type
I'm the Ned Guy, duh

The spin from Ned at the moment is probably the most insulting. Just paying lip service to the fans.

Terrible list manager. Terrible negotiator. Terrible media performer.

I miss the days of Hine running trade period. Give me Sam Murray and a third round for a second round pick anyday over the shite that Ned and Gubby Allan have served us.

So earlier today I reworked Billie Eilish's Bad Guy for my friends. Thought you guys might enjoy it also.

So I am Ned Guy
I'm that mad type
Makin' Buckley sad type
I'm the Ned Guy, duh

excellent ....send this to some famous influencer type people..... tweet it....

So I am Ned Guy
I'm that mad type
Makin' Buckley sad type
I'm the Ned Guy, duh
Ed, in his role as music producer, reviewed this and ticked it off!. Good to go!

The spin from Ned at the moment is probably the most insulting. Just paying lip service to the fans.

I miss the days of Hine running trade period. Give me Sam Murray and a third round for a second round pick anyday over the sh*te that Ned and Gubby Allan have served us.

definitely a bad showman.... did you see the jack higgins trade.... swapped first rounders....swapped futures.... i have no idea what richmond got for him. magic

I miss the days of Hine running trade period. Give me Sam Murray and a third round for a second round pick anyday over the sh*te that Ned and Gubby Allan have served us.
Makes you wonder what sort of manager they have? Gotta question his judgement a bit don't ya?

So I am Ned Guy
I'm that mad type
Makin' Buckley sad type
I'm the Ned Guy, duh

i'm not sure about making buckley sad.... we dont want to whitewash buckley on this...

makin' members sad type....

It's really not even that hard to spin a honest but hopeful media message: "We tried our best to keep the list that took us to the Grand Final in 2018 but it's clear we've slid back a little so we are going to refresh our approach and give some talented young guys on our list like Sier/Tyler Brown/Rantall more of an opportunity. The unexpected reduction in salary cap from covid has also put a strain on our TPP so we've had to make some hard decisions to get that in order, clean the slate and set us up for opportunities in the future. We're sad to have to let Treloar, Stephenson and Phillips go who have given us great service. We would have liked to have gotten a better return for them but given the circumstances we did our best to get them to the club they nominated."

Instead he basically tried to just lie to us. Embarrassingly incompetent.

Forgot to add also terrible at communication and managing relationship with players. If you are going to list manage someone out, and to have no communication with Stephenson but to put that onus back on the coach means it makes their position untenable. You then have no leverage as there's no way you can still keep the player.

Has anyone here ever held a job? The people who do well keep their mouths shut and never make enemies. They dont tell the truth unless it's good news. They never say bad things about anyone. This is how you do well. Now I know you'll say that people should admit to mistakes and it would have been nice for Guy to say that they were hoping for higher draft returns but they got the best that they could. However, telling the truth about stuff like how much of treloars wage is being paid, cant be done because treloar and the dogs wouldnt want it, same with the rest. It cant be done. Read the jake niall thing in the age. it seems reasonable.

What like Eddie?

Not sure what industry you are in, but this is some of the worst advice I have ever seen.

Its unfathomable that the club is so out of touch that they would have had a meeting after the trade period ended and decided that the best course of action was to..
1. Deny there was a salary cap issue.
2. Attempt to spin this trade period as positive and it will improve our list.
3. Then post this trainwreck of an interview on their socials thinking that it spins their narrative.

The club has lost their grasp of reality.
No they just sacrificed a patsy.

"spin an honest message" an oxymoron if there ever was one. Even the above substitute spin doesn't make sense, Treloar, I get that, a utensil up offering him such a huge contract, but Stephenson and Phillips is insanity.... You dont trade out a rising star or promising 24 year olds for token picks "to replenish the list" or "salary dump" they are the last type of player you do that with... There were others more deserving of being thrown out than those two....

Here's the truth, without the spin; "we overpaid to keep Grundy, Moore and JDG and needed to make up the cash somewhere"

Shattered that we let Stephenson go. It's probably true that he does have massive attitude issues and may never reach his potential but he was young enough and talented enough for us to back and not waste our pick 6 so early. But even if he wasn't, he was one that we should have been able to get way more in return.

Phillips is exactly the type of player we should be letting go though. NQR types taking opportunities that should be offered to players with better upside (ie Daicos this year). Could we have gotten a better pick

Treloar we effectively let him go for nothing given the picks we gave them more than made up for the points for the first round pick. Will be the only one that will make our team worse next year. But he's probably someone who might only have 2 good years left given his age and hammy issues.

At the end of the day, it does seem like this is a culmination of bad debt accrued over a number of years so a massive salary dump was the only way to go. I can live with that and still remain optimistic on the core talent on our list. What I can't live with is the denial of responsibility coming from the club. This needs result in massive off-field restructure right from the Board level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a Carlton fan would be enjoying this mate. I clearly am not.

As someone who has dealt with a few of these rock bottom type situations being a dees supporter, i genuinely sympathise with your supporter base and im spinning out at the whackness of how it was allowed to get to this and how its been handled.

Even Buckley who grew on me over the last few years has committed the ultimate dog act to a heart and soul player that has agreed to take a mid term hit financially to give the club the best chance of resigning key players and for further recruitment. This is whilst Grundy does the “team thing” by demanding a mill a year and De Goey and Daddy hold the club to ransom after not having earnt the 750k a year hes been making on his current contract.

Eddie needs to walk given his culpability on cap pressure bringing back the finger painter.

Ned Guy you’d expect will be an Uber Eats delivery driver by next week.

The fallout from this could last a very very long time, and as a supporter, when that realisation sets in, its a very dark place

Hey Fallguy Ned, if it wasn’t a fire sale, why the f... are we playing 1.5 mil over 5 years for Treloar to play at the Kennel
Geez you wouldn’t wanna be a hostage and have him as you chief negotiator, is that the best we could do?
Sick of these ex-player manager types infiltrating the inner sanctums of clubs.
Their levels of intelligence never match their egos.
Out of their depth.
Will be laughable if Treloar is part of a premiership team, wins a Norm Smith in the next 5 years. Will we chip in for the statue too outside Whitten Oval?
Talk about calamitous

After listening and watch Ned Guy, is anyone surprised that we missed out on Tom Lynch and Jeremy Cameron?

Wow and to think people were having a crack at Matt Rendall. Ned Guy makes Rendall look like Einstein .

Its great news from Ned Guy that we have traded into the draft. That will help us land what we want.

We have picked up 14 26 33 65 and 70 and a future second round

We have given away 26 33 and 42

42 more or less nets out with 65 and 70...

(oh and we also lost some players...but hey we got pick 14 and a second round pick next year and it was worth it)

It wasnt a salary dump though

Oh by the way we picked up 2mil in salaries although I wont tell you how much of that will get spent on paying these players to play for somebody else.

Last edited:
Completely out of his depth. But what do we expect from a player manager with no list management experience. It’s like giving the head coaching job to an inexperienced novice. Needs to be sacked. Most of theses ridiculous deals players are on have come on his watch. Waiting now for JDG to sign a million a year 2 year contract then leave as a free agent for pittance in return. Hard to believe Sam Murray was traded for about the same that we got for steveo and Treloar, yep a guy who couldn’t make the swans best 22. Clear as day all other clubs see Ned as a lightweight, we will get reamed in any other future dealings

Ned Guy, on the personality transplant list. Still waiting.

Gee wiz if you saw him at a party, wouldnt ya just go home. He must be a brilliant man to compensate for the charmlessness.

More opposition supporters in here than Collingwood supporters.

Strange how they don't show their heads when things are going well.
True but they are all bang on accurate. Read some of the main board stuff. We have just performed the worst trade period of any club ever. Even Freo in there crazy days don’t come close

Wouldn’t you rather just quit than do those embarrassing interviews

Before he is sacked we need to know whether he inherited a basket case and whether or not he is responsible for making the situation worse.

If the cleanout had to happen to stop the salary creep that has been building to this point.... then fine. s**t happens. Just be honest, Collingwood!!!! Is the mess behind us now? Do we have more stupid backloaded or incentive based contracts that will make us do the same thing next year? How much are we paying Beams Phillips Treloar and Stephenson (maybe Langdon) to not play for us?

The club needs to admit their mistakes and exit the responsible administrators.

Guy, Maguire, Hine at the top of the list. Maybe Buckley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back