Roast Negative AFC supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 6, 2010
Viana do Castelo (Portugal)
AFL Club
Adelaide
I am disappointed to say the least in just how many negative comments have appeared on this board after just two poor games. For those playing at home, the Crows have played every top 10 side from last season aside from West Coast where as Geelong have only played 4 top 10 teams, Western Bulldogs have played 4, Hawthorn 5 and North have played only 3 sides. Its been by far the hardest draw by any side in the competition and we have still managed to win 4 games and up until this round been the highest scoring team in the comp. For supporters to all of a sudden start hammering players for poor performances is pathetic. We have had 5 games in a row where our players have been smashed into at the contest by hardened bodies that have played finals. That is bound to take it's toll on a lot of players. We need to sit back and take a deep breath. We have young players in several positions all over the field that are trying to find their feet. Seedsman, McGovern, Lever, B Crouch, M Crouch, Milera, Cameron, Hartigan etc have been outstanding but are bound to be simply tired, sore and flat after a big month of matches. I don't blame them. Our draw opens up soon enough and we can get on a role if we are good enough.

Too much hyperbole. Milera first game back is quiet, and "he's not ready". People talking about trading Smith and Crouch. Just a bit OTT, although tonight was poor.

And "slow as treacle" is so overused for players of average speed.

sorry for intrusion but ill just put it here yous also won the best game ive seen so far this year..

i had a look through here and i swear the negativity here after two bad losses is worse than over at the Tigers board..and our start to the season was putrid. Yous started well, just haven;t been at the best last two weeks.

Being a good/great side doesn't mean you have to be perfect week in week out

I am disappointed to say the least in just how many negative comments have appeared on this board after just two poor games. For those playing at home, the Crows have played every top 10 side from last season aside from West Coast where as Geelong have only played 4 top 10 teams, Western Bulldogs have played 4, Hawthorn 5 and North have played only 3 sides. Its been by far the hardest draw by any side in the competition and we have still managed to win 4 games and up until this round been the highest scoring team in the comp. For supporters to all of a sudden start hammering players for poor performances is pathetic. We have had 5 games in a row where our players have been smashed into at the contest by hardened bodies that have played finals. That is bound to take it's toll on a lot of players. We need to sit back and take a deep breath. We have young players in several positions all over the field that are trying to find their feet. Seedsman, McGovern, Lever, B Crouch, M Crouch, Milera, Cameron, Hartigan etc have been outstanding but are bound to be simply tired, sore and flat after a big month of matches. I don't blame them. Our draw opens up soon enough and we can get on a role if we are good enough.

So we can beat sides worse than us and then lose to sides better than us as usual? I don't get it. We have a much better run of matches coming up now and if we beat the crap sides everyone will be up and about again? If you can't beat the better sides you achieve nothing each and every year.

Same old story for how many years now...

So we can beat sides worse than us and then lose to sides better than us as usual? I don't get it. We have a much better run of matches coming up now and if we beat the crap sides everyone will be up and about again? If you can't beat the better sides you achieve nothing each and every year.

Same old story for how many years now...

Exactly. Over the past few years we've failed just a pout every big test against an elite team.

We don't have an elite list at the moment.

The fact of the matter is that you don't win or lose premierships in May... I remember 2009 when we were 2-5.. And we finished one game out of top 4, and were playing arguably the best footy in the competition until that muppet Jack Anthony broke our hearts on the siren.

I can't stand some of the negativity. Anyone would take 4 wins from this nightmare start. Tonight was disappointing yes, but there has been some amazing signs from the opening two months. Negativity spreads like wildfire.. It's simply unnecessary

Oh dear, you go into the sycophant file. You are labelled for life now.

The fact of the matter is that you don't win or lose premierships in May... I remember 2009 when we were 2-5.. And we finished one game out of top 4, and were playing arguably the best footy in the competition until that muppet Jack Anthony broke our hearts on the siren.

I can't stand some of the negativity. Anyone would take 4 wins from this nightmare FIXTURE. Tonight was disappointing yes, but there has been some amazing signs from the opening two months. Negativity spreads like wildfire.. It's simply unnecessary

Fixed that for you, and yes, if I was offered 4/4 at the beginning of the year I would have taken it with open arms. Too many delusional posters on this board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't stand some of the negativity. Anyone would take 4 wins from this nightmare start. Tonight was disappointing yes, but there has been some amazing signs from the opening two months. Negativity spreads like wildfire.. It's simply unnecessary

Like a series of ill-disciplined frees against North.

Like being unable to keep a lead late in the game against Hawthorn.

Like creating some big turnovers when we had a chance to win against the Bulldogs.

Like missing set sets from 15 metres out to take the lead from Geelong.

Oh dear, you go into the sycophant file. You are labelled for life now.

lol, I would rather live in the real world then expect a premiership every year like some morons. I live in the world where Tippettgate happened and we lost a lot of talent and have list cloggers still taking up space as a result. I live in the world where we have had 3 coaches in 3 years yet still managed a semi finals berth last season. In what is clearly the hardest draw of any team, we have still managed 4 wins and it should have been 6 if it wasn't for poor decision making late in the game. We have played in 4 matches of the round in 5 weeks, alright we lost 3 of them but we have pushed every side arguably except Geelong where their inaccuracy kept us in it. I have never thought we are a premiership side, we are a developing side performing above expectations. I just wish some people stopped living in a fantasy land that consisted of wanting to trade every player after a poor performance.

We're annoyed because we lost convincingly on a Friday Night in front of one of our biggest home crowds ever, despite probably getting the rub of the green. AO is meant to be a fortress like that craphole Shell Stadium is for Geelong. It's not like Geelong are even particularly unbeatable either. They played well, but we flat out stunk. Very few winners for us.

To make matters worse, we lost against the team who stole our best player for three packets of chips.

We failed to get under Campaignerfield's skin and curb his impact. The players didn't seem to care and will probably go off and have a beer with him despite his treachery and kick to our guts when we were down.

So we can beat sides worse than us and then lose to sides better than us as usual?
Isn't that how football inherently works? Hawthorn haven't beaten any sides better than them for years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back