Rumour Neil Balme is not the Head of Football

In the wake of the Balme bad news, do you think Darren Burgess will be at the Crows in 2022?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be much more disappointed in this situation if our current head of football was still Brett Burton

That's only for threads that you're watching.

The functionality you're looking for would be good but doesn't exist AFAIK - options are:

* set thread starter on ignore while the thread you don't like is running hot (remember to un-ignore the poster at some stage) Ed. this doesn't work if thread was started by a moderator.

* when things are quieter (eg. off season), set threads you're interested in to WATCH and mainly look at your watch list, checking the main board now and then to look for any new threads of interest.

* just open the last page of a thread in a new tab and close it - problem solved :smilev1:

Ok, maybe I've been thinking too much about this :laughv1:
Not thinking too much. I might just have to wait until the thread meets it's natural death.

giphy.gif

As laughable as it sounds, there is a picture being painted that Kelly and his supporters didn't' like this (understandably) and with the support of Nick's campaigned to say in the top role. Balme therefore had to report to Kelly in the end, which wasn't where the conversation started, so he tuned it down (understandably).

As laughable as it sounds, there is a picture being painted that Kelly and his supporters didn't' like this (understandably) and with the support of Nick's campaigned to say in the top role. Balme therefore had to report to Kelly in the end, which wasn't where the conversation started, so he tuned it down (understandably).

Whilst it is laughable that we could do that, unfortunately I find it very believable that we would. That's how we roll.

Media: Neil Balme to Adelaide confirmed. No news on what happens to Kelly.
Kelly: The *??
Neil Balme: I am not leaving Richmond
Media:I don't have to apologise for dodgy and irresponsible journalism.
Everyone: The *??

The Media's source seems to be some bloke whose dog was taking a s**t on the sidewalk in the same suburb as the club.

Media: Neil Balme to Adelaide confirmed. No news on what happens to Kelly.
Kelly: The fu**??
Neil Balme: I am not leaving Richmond
Media:I don't have to apologise for dodgy and irresponsible journalism.
Everyone: The fu**??

The Media's source seems to be some bloke whose dog was taking a sh*t on the sidewalk in the same suburb as the club.
And you get this

And the reporter being congratulated for owning up to his error. Meanwhile Adam Kelly cancelled his kids Christmas present order because he thought he was getting sacked. Whoops.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great post, the whole thing ends up looking like a loss for the club when we were probably never a chance to get him. It's things like this that hold the reputation of the club back.
And it's fanned by the media because they know there's another good chance to ridicule the AFC if it falls through.

What I was told

Balme didn't want to leave Richmond, but wasn't happy with his role being wound down at the Tigers. He started talking with us because he wants to be more involved at a club, and we were interested again, so why not listen. The Tigers didn't want to lose him so found a way to give him more to do, so he's happy to stay.

There's no sinister motives by anyone. Balme wants to be involved as much as he can at a club and got the clarity and structure he was after to remain at Richmond.

If that was his angle, this should be the discussion from our end:

"Hi Neil, you can be our Head of Football. Write your own cheque. See you next week"

If that was his angle, this should be the discussion from our end:

"Hi Neil, you can be our Head of Football. Write your own cheque. See you next week"
Except for the part where his preference was to stay where he was. It wasn't anything to do with what we offered him, be it role or money, I don't think it ever even got that far. He got the clarity on his role he was after to stay with Richmond and has.

And you get this

And the reporter being congratulated for owning up to his error. Meanwhile Adam Kelly cancelled his kids Christmas present order because he thought he was getting sacked. Whoops.

Well Edmund gets a tick for putting his hand up I guess. Caro would of doubled down by then accusing by accusing Dimma of ruining the fabric of Sloan's family unit then called Eddie a moron for questioning her integrity. Then she would of ended the equivalent denial of a 5 year old who has been caught red handed eating chocolate by saying "Well I know what I was told and it's that Alister Clarkson goes around touching horses at night"

Rubbish. There was nothing in the media at all! This is literally just an example of one person running with a rumour which then most posters decided to believe. Expectations were not set from the club . Threads like this should have never been created until confirmation

so when Sam Edmunds ran with it as confirmed as head of football, it was just a few people choosing to believe a rumour from Rowe?

when then club said nothing to a confirmation statement from the Herald Sun, for 3 days, it was just a few people choosing to believe a rumour from Rowe?

that’s a very poor take

I'm hearing a story which seems a bit odd, but also wouldn't surprise me if true.

Basically, we went after Balme last year and had strong discussions. He was interested and then the health scare happened, so he stayed.
This year we went back to him, but have offered $60k less than what we did last year. Balme was pissed.
His comment about staying at Richmond is on the back of that. It could be that he's told us to bugger off, or that he's saying get the offer right.

Not sure how accurate any of this is - pure rumour at this stage.

Surely we can't be that dumb. Surely you approach Balme and say "we want you at the club, what role do you think you can do to help most, how much do you want to work and what will it cost us to have you here?" That's it. That's the discussion. Whatever he says you agree to.

sounds as likely as most of the stories you make up

I heard that Kelly refused to change the office biscuit supply from his preferred scotch finger to Monte Carlo which are Balme’s biscuit of choice. Richmond also upped their supply of Monte Carlo’s.

The devil is always in the detail..

Back