Workshop New Brisbane Guernsey/Colours

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's something to make a Brisbane jumper more appealing. (Apologies to Mero again)

OchreLions.png

I agree with you that the maroon and navy is better then the red and royal. Maybe part of the reason that Fitzroy fans, on here at least, werent around when they were wearing maroon and they identify Fitzroy as red and royal. Youve gotta remember that they changed from the maroon over 30 years ago, which you have also stated so you do.

I guess what I find so strange about it, is if teams were changing their colours these days like they did in the 70s, there'd be an absolute s**t storm with complaint after complaint about heritage but no one seems to care about the 70s uniform changes.

YUK. Would make a good clash if you swaped the gold and red on the gradiant. :p But it does make the Brissy jumper more appealing.

I agree 100%, look waht happened with Brisbane this year whan they changed. Yeh I dunno why that is, maybe because there is no one on this board that lived through the jumper changes in the 70's.

Try asking someone what the reaction was that actually lived through it. I know Im neither here or there on the change now but Im sure I wouldve had an opinion back then.

I agree with you that the maroon and navy is better then the red and royal.

I disagree. I prefer the red (or as some called it "light maroon"), royal blue and gold to the dark maroon, blue and white.

Maybe part of the reason that Fitzroy fans, on here at least, werent around when they were wearing maroon and they identify Fitzroy as red and royal.

I was around for both. The maroon was too dark for mine. The red jumper was much more distinctive. So I was certainly in support of the changes when they occurred.

I would like to see a return to the old jumpers with the old lion, plus a bears inspired jumper for the away games against the non-victorian teams.

Yep. This is the way it should be. Perhaps on the Bears inspired jumper the arm holes and the collar could be blue.

I disagree. I prefer the red (or as some called it "light maroon"), royal blue and gold to the dark maroon, blue and white.

I was around for both. The maroon was too dark for mine. The red jumper was much more distinctive. So I was certainly in support of the changes when they occurred.
Ahhk fair enough. Was there alot of talk when the colour changes went on in the 70's??

The importance being in what the majority of fans (Queensland supporters) of the BRISBANE Lions would prefer to see. Having a Brisbane team wearing a 100 year old Victorian jumper which relates nothing to the supporter base in Brisbane and QLD but putting a sticker Brisbane logo on the club isn't too attractive.

The maroon, blue and gold being the perfect product of the merger, they shouldn't have to make more concessions for Fitzroy, but making a Bears jumper with the proper colors is only fair enough. Back in the premiership years when all was well...

damn, I totally forgot about that

I don't know if I'll come back. I never really contributed much.

The importance being in what the majority of fans (Queensland supporters) of the BRISBANE Lions would prefer to see. Having a Brisbane team wearing a 100 year old Victorian jumper which relates nothing to the supporter base in Brisbane and QLD but putting a sticker Brisbane logo on the club isn't too attractive.

The maroon, blue and gold being the perfect product of the merger, they shouldn't have to make more concessions for Fitzroy, but making a Bears jumper with the proper colors is only fair enough. Back in the premiership years when all was well...

I think the Fitzroy away jumper was worn for respect to a club, that after 100 years were made by the AFL to basically fold and move up to Brisbane. You cant just forget about them and use an old bears jumper as an away.

The supporter base in Brisbane and QLD shouldn't be complaining, they don't even have to see the Fitzroy jumper being worn! In Brisbane, the lions wear maroon blue and gold the majority being Bears colours. It's only fair that in Victoria, they wear red blue and gold, for the old Fitzroy fans. An additional bears guernsey could be worn as a clash, but you need the Fitzroy jumper too.

And all was well in the premiership years, too bad the AFL came along and ****ed everything up with clash jumpers :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back