New CEO, New List Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn’t he resign after losing Peter Gordon’s confidence? Not sure that’s a ringing endorsement.

It is understood some Bulldog figures were unsure if Garlick, 39, was the best man to see the club through its next stage of growth.

Concerns centred over whether the former forward pocket had enough commercial experience after the board conducted a management review in the off-season.

“Simon’s decision to resign provides us with an opportunity to look at our management and rebuild that as well,” Gordon said.

Yeah if it’s true not sure what to make of his appointment.

Considering in brayshaw , Marvin and clement we had already 3 fantastic candidates... that said can someone actually confirm besides brayshaw that the other 2 applied?... or as is generally the case with ceo their candidacy is kept a secret??

Couldn’t see clement giving up the seafood gig, he was one of the big promoters to raise the coin. Brayshaw ain’t leaving vicco

that said can someone actually confirm besides brayshaw that the other 2 applied?... or as is generally the case with ceo their candidacy is kept a secret??

Can’t confirm Clement but given the media talk you’d have to assume that he had - since that’s where talk started.

Marvin was spoken about a lot on here and only media mention was someone saying we should target him - I think this was purely speculation.

however, can I confirm this. No

Was Footy Manager at the Bulldogs for 3 years and then progressed to CEO, went to a Brand Building firm called Bastion as CEO and now apparently to us. Good experience, should be ok.
That's more impressive in my eye. From the report above he was told they werent sure he had the commercial experience to continue on, so he went to a brand building agency to aim to get back into a CEO gig later on.

Yes he played some point in appointing the dumpster fire that was McCartney but they didnt win a flag in 2016 out of thin air, some points have to go to him for that.

they were a highly skilled but imbalanced and aging list pinning all their hopes on winning a flag in the late 2000s early 2010s. then the inevitable drop happened which isn't great but a lot of the real basket case stuff can be pinned on the coach I reckon. they also drafted really well during this period and played finals in 2015 didn't they?

they were a highly skilled but imbalanced and aging list pinning all their hopes on winning a flag in the late 2000s early 2010s. then the inevitable drop happened which isn't great but a lot of the real basket case stuff can be pinned on the coach I reckon. they also drafted really well during this period and played finals in 2015 didn't they?
He left in jan 2015
I just think if your back grounds football You want it to come from success

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve been hoping that the Bulldogs from that time provide a good blue print for us. Went close to a flag but then fell off a cliff, and then rebuilt over 4 years out of the finals.

I think they’re okay off field now too or perhaps it’s just that winning a flag means everyone ignores the finances for a while. All very interesting.

Graham Lowe was a big reason the dogs turned things around a few years ago, and it’s no coincidence they went backwards when he left.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back