Brighton Homes Arena (Springfield) discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

'The women's side will move in here next week and the men will train here by March' .......

I think that's word for word. Sounds a bit odd on both counts? Wouldn't have thought the turf would be ready for a couple of weeks at least for the women and you would imagine the men would start training here in November.

'The women's side will move in here next week and the men will train here by March' .......

I think that's word for word. Sounds a bit odd on both counts? Wouldn't have thought the turf would be ready for a couple of weeks at least for the women and you would imagine the men would start training here in November.
I think they're talking about the gym rather than the oval

Yep, what dlanod said. Jake Anson (who channel 7 had tagged as Jake Hanson) said on the Roar Deal Podcast last week that the men should be able to train on the main oval early December.

Channel 7 also said that at $80,000,000 Springfield is the single biggest capital works program by a club in AFL history. I would have thought one of the big Melbourne clubs would have spent more than that on their bases.

Yeah that's fair. It's also the men moving there in March comment that confused me a bit. Either it's just an acknowledgement the men's season proper doesn't kick off till then or perhaps they plan to do one more preseason at Yeronga/ everywhere?

On the roar deal they said it should be ready for training on the oval when the full squad is back but could have been delayed since

Does anyone know if some of the players/ staff are making a move over to the western side of town to be closer to the facility? Not looking for names, just curious. We had wondered about this off and on over the last couple of years, with suggestions Brookwater might be a good location for the golfing nuts or places like Indooroopilly, Toowong, Kenmore, Chelmer, Graceville etc for more of a Bulimba/Balmoral/ Hawthorne feel.

Last edited:
Looking at the live stream over the the past year, does seem to get quite windy out there. Any locals able to comment on which quarter the prevailing winds come from? Not much cover on the outer wing and near goal it seems, apart from the contouring and some trees that might act a a wind break over time.

Looking at the live stream over the the past year, does seem to get quite windy out there. Any locals able to comment on which quarter the prevailing winds come from? Not much cover on the outer wing and near goal it seems, apart from the contouring and some trees that might act a a wind break over time.
It isnt that windy

Does anyone know if some of the players/ staff are making a move over to the western side of town to be closer to the facility? Not looking for names, just curious. We had wondered about this off and on over the last couple of years, with suggestions Brookwater might be a good location for the golfing nuts or places like Indooroopilly, Toowong, Kenmore, Chelmer, Graceville etc for more of a Bulimba/Balmoral/ Hawthorne feel.
Bundamba for the players known for 1%ers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

https://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-brookwater-140033103

image.jpg

Yeah that's fair. It's also the men moving there in March comment that confused me a bit. Either it's just an acknowledgement the men's season proper doesn't kick off till then or perhaps they plan to do one more preseason at Yeronga/ everywhere?
They are using the facilities but not the oval in the first instance. They have booked in to use the new sports precinct in springfield.

Haven't noticed any hanging around. See Al Lynch at Snap Fitness sometimes. Always wonder why he doesn't have a home gym

Remove this Banner Ad

Back