New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

people love a good hug

tumblr_oavhnz4InE1sbzhteo1_500.gif

I thought both the main events in Sapporo were good. Storyline-wise it was good with the Cody/Omega/Ibushi thing, with Page getting the pin 2 nights in a row, and with CHAOS vs LIJ escalating.

I was still a touch disappointed though. I guess with all the extra subscribers after WK they might go all out with these shows and keep the undercard filler to a minimum.

Also, much as I kind of like Jay White, this US title is already being relegated to NEVER level. I don't see too many people caring about White vs Page too much.

My love for Suzuki has only grown over the last year since coming back from NOAH. He's such an awesome campaigner

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

New Beginning shows very interesting. Bit unsure about how I feel about Omega out of Bullet Club but on the other hand he was being cheered as a face (in a heel faction) for ages and the reaction his embrace with Ibushi got was massive. BC going back to a straight full blown heel faction behind Codi probably better.

Good to see White win but boy oh boy pressure on now. Hopefully he is up to it. He is good and getting better but got to fly now. Omega was so good he could win and his opponents come out of the matches looking more legit and dangerous than before.

Last edited:
so Cody vs Omega at ROH Supercard of Honor on WM weekend head to head with NXT Takeover.

Safe to say there will be some awesome matches that weekend:

Omega vs. Cody
Styles vs. Nakamura
Black vs. Almas

New Beginning shows very interesting. Bit unsure about how I feel about Omega out of Bullet Club but on the other hand he was being cheered as a face (in a heel faction) for ages and the reaction his embrace with Ibushi got was massive. BC going back to a straight full blown heel faction behind Codi probably better.
I'm not considering Omega as out of bullet club until Fale gives Omega the bad luck fall tbh

Last edited:
I'm not considering Omega as out of bullet club until Fale gives Omega the bad luck fall tbh

It's almost 2 completely different factions now though with the OGs and The Elite. If we accept what Fale said online and if it wasn't a work, he didn't even know what was happening in Sapporo. (It would be interesting to know how Fale and Tonga in particular feel about The Elite freezing them out of their own group. And what's even the deal with Yujiro?)

Am I the only one who finds it a little strange that ROH already announced the Omega vs Cody match? I think it's weird that they've gotten the jump on presenting what is essentially a NJPW storyline, and I think it's weird that it's been announced now when there's more story to tell next week in Osaka. (Edit: I only just realised that the Elite aren't booked in Osaka, so I guess that changes things a little.)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough but I'd say he's out. Cody hit him with finisher and was about to try and end him with a steel chair. He's out or Cody and him are fighting for control of BC next match and loser is out. Nothing else.

Fair enough but I'd say he's out. Cody hit him with finisher and was about to try and end him with a steel chair. He's out or Cody and him are fighting for control of BC next match and loser is out. Nothing else.

and Why would Omega Hug Ibushi IF he was still in Bullet Club?

For saving his ass? Can't see the Bucks splitting from Omega.

Maybe the Bucks Leave the Bullet Club as Well but in the Angle it looked like Bucks where Pissed at Omega

and Why would Omega Hug Ibushi IF he was still in Bullet Club?

Their close history as the 'Golden Lovers' tag team mainly in DDT but a little in NJPW. Either way yea Omega is out which is probably good. Also shows the newer audience NJPW can do drama and story lines as well as having blokes beating the snot out of each other.

Bucks will stay. If Omega is really out it's Scurl that may leave.

Mate please keep Bucks' coaching tenure out of the wrestling thread.

;)

In all seriousness - I could see TGL + TYB vs the Bullet Club. Scurll, Cody, Page & ??? Will be their primary opponents.

That's a pretty disappointing main event in Melbourne TBH. I expected them to water down everyone's workload with multi man matches, but I would've hoped that they'd at least give us a singles main event.

I still haven't bought a ticket, and I'm still leaning towards going - but I'm going to want to see Suzuki and the Bucks in matches that aren't 6 or 8 man tags.

It's a strange difference in the attitude of WWE & NJPW. In WWE you aren't getting amazing matches at a house show, but you getting decent 15-20 minute singles matches with a guaranteed spotlight of your favourite guys on that brand. In NJPW they still want to have really good matches, but they lessen the injury risk by filling out the matches, so even after buying a ticket, and even having seen main matches announced, you still don't know how much spotlight your favourite guy is going to get or how much "value" you're going to get from your favourite guy.

I just don't think if they'd given us something Okada vs Kenny, no one would've expected a 7-star match. If we get the rainmaker pose, a teased one-winged angel and a rainmaker, I think people would've accepted a 15-20 slower, safer match. It's not like it's going on NJPW World.

Adelaide have got the much, much better main event out of the 2 announced so far. Omega vs the Bucks is an interesting mix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back