New Japan Pro-Wrestling (On NJPWWorld and Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Current cards for Wrestle Kingdom 14:

January 4 -
  • Kazuchika Okada vs. Kota Ibushi for the IWGP Heavyweight title
  • Jay White vs. Tetsuya Naito for the IWGP Intercontinental title
  • Will Ospreay vs. Hiromu Takahashi for the IWGP Jr. title
  • Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask (with El Samurai) vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Ohtani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi (with Kuniaki Kobayashi)
January 5 -
  • IWGP Heavyweight champion vs. IWGP Intercontinental champion for both titles
  • The two non champions following the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental title matches on January 4 will have a singles match
  • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Chris Jericho
  • Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo vs. SHO & YOH for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team titles

Current cards for Wrestle Kingdom 14:

January 4 -
  • Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask (with El Samurai) vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Ohtani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi (with Kuniaki Kobayashi)
January 5 -
  • IWGP Heavyweight champion vs. IWGP Intercontinental champion for both titles
  • The two non champions following the IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental title matches on January 4 will have a singles match
  • Taiji Ishimori & El Phantasmo vs. SHO & YOH for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team titles

Seeing that I sadly see Okada Beating Ibushi and White Beating Naito setting up another Chapter of the White vs Okada Rivalry

Full cards for the 2 nights of Wrestle Kingdom 14

January 4:
  • Lance Archer vs. Jon Moxley in a Texas deathmatch for the IWGP United States title
  • Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. David Finlay & Juice Robinson for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team titles
  • Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano and YOSHI-HASHI vs. KENTA,, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens
  • SANADA, EVIL, Shingo Takagi and BUSHI vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & El Desperado
  • Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa and Ryusuke Taguchi
January 5:
  • Double title match for IWGP Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles
  • The two non champions following the Intercontinental and Heavyweight title matches on January 4 will meet in a special singles match
  • KENTA vs. Hirooki Goto for the NEVER Openweight title
  • Zack Sabre Jr. vs. SANADA for the British Openweight title
  • Juice Robinson will face the IWGP United States champion
  • El Phantasmo & Taiji Ishimori vs. SHO & YOH for the IWGP Jr. Tag Team titles

January 4:
  • Lance Archer vs. Jon Moxley in a Texas deathmatch for the IWGP United States title
  • Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa vs. David Finlay & Juice Robinson for the IWGP Heavyweight Tag Team titles
  • Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano and YOSHI-HASHI vs. KENTA,, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens
  • SANADA, EVIL, Shingo Takagi and BUSHI vs. Zack Sabre Jr., Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & El Desperado
  • Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask vs. Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa and Ryusuke Taguchi
January 5:
  • The two non champions following the Intercontinental and Heavyweight title matches on January 4 will meet in a special singles match

That LIJ vs Suzuki-Gun match up on night 1 bums me out because of the amount of talent that I feel like is being wasted.

The Liger match still seems really strange to me as well, and while I don't really want to see Shibata in the ring again after the seriousness of his injury, I'm not sure why they built KENTA vs Shibata if they couldn't deliver it.

The more I think about it, there has to be a Liger match on night 2 against someone to pass the torch doesn't there?

it's Liger & Naoki Sano vs Dragon Lee (now Ryu Lee) & Hiromu Takahashi on night 2, and Liger's retirement ceremony on New Year Dash the next night

I thought Takahashi would be involved... not sure I love it though. I don't think he needs it. He's already 8 months away from a G1, and 12 months away from being an Omega/Ibushi junior that goes onto headline WK.

There's probably no one else obvious for that role though. I can't think of any really hyped juniors that they have about to return from excursion that fits the bill.

January 4:
January 5:

Chris Jericho??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Liger match still seems really strange to me as well

It's a fairly typical retirement match for Japan I think. I know Kobashi's retirement was a 8 tag match, and Akira Taue & The Destroyer's was much the same. They all got the pinfall victory too iirc. I would expect the same for Liger, and then he'll take the pin on night 2.

Suzuki is apparently leaving the company early this year wonder who takes over the faction most likely zsj

But would love to see
shingo defect and join

ZSJ and Taichi turning on him and kicking him out would be really good for them. Similar to how Omega and the Bucks did to AJ in early 2016.

it's Liger & Naoki Sano vs Dragon Lee (now Ryu Lee) & Hiromu Takahashi on night 2, and Liger's retirement ceremony on New Year Dash the next night
A bit odd that Lee and Takahashi teaming together given it was Lee that put Takahashi on the shelf for a year.

And why is Dragon Lee now named Ryu Lee? It seems he is only using this name for NJPW.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back