News New Jumpers For 2019 - All Changes In OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone's interested, I've been able to take some close-up photos of Geelong's 2019 home jumper:

The whole design seems to be much slimmer compared to previous years
IMG_2964.JPG
IMG_2963.JPG

The basketball cuffs look weird in pictures and in real life. The way they are stitched is quite odd too - especially as it replaces the cuff
IMG_2962.JPG

The stitching on the front is now on the outside - previously it has been sewn inwards
IMG_2960.JPG

The watermarked 'G' on the front is hardly visible - it certainly takes a keen eye to be able to see it from a distance. I'd say it was touched up to look clearer in the promo shoots. And the way it is inserted is weird - it's like a little slice was taken from this year's collar and replaced with a piece of the blue cuff
IMG_2961.JPG

Oct 10, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
If anyone's interested, I've been able to take some close-up photos of Geelong's 2019 home jumper:

The basketball cuffs look weird in pictures and in real life. The way they are stitched is quite odd too - especially as it replaces the cuff

The stitching on the front is now on the outside - previously it has been sewn inwards

The watermarked 'G' on the front is hardly visible - it certainly takes a keen eye to be able to see it from a distance. I'd say it was touched up to look clearer in the promo shoots. And the way it is inserted is weird - it's like a little slice was taken from this year's collar and replaced with a piece of the blue cuff

I was really hoping they use the collar they used on the retro ones this year, but without the actually floppy part of the collar if that makes sense.

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s

Geelong-2019.gif

footyjumpers.com version of the same

Oct 5, 2017
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Norwood, St George
How often do Xblades change their guernsey/jersey templates? If it's every 2 years then goodbye to the BLK fold collar

seaforthswan

glebegreyhound
Apr 18, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
UTS Bats, Manly Marlins
Can anyone remind the board the current news with Sydney's manufacturer? I read some where they were heading to Adidas ??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 9, 2003
Vancouver, Canada
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
I played Ammos in the 80s
How often do Xblades change their guernsey/jersey templates? If it's every 2 years then goodbye to the BLK fold collar
I would expect they get their apparel made under licence.
As far as I know, xBlades only make boots.
They were started by a podiatrist back in the late 80s.
Simon Madden wanted to wear their boots and Ted Whitten wanted him to wear adidas.
(Essendon were contracted to adidas)
He got blade boots and covered their logo with tape, and the club painted three white stripes over them.
The tape lasted for about 15 minutes.

So I would expect the template will depend on who is actually making them.

yeah

did u notice the lynch jumper is being given away so its not a 2019 pi

hopefully we get the a and m yellow and a new collar but i doubt it
The Lynch jumper is really weird, some photos it has a gold logo, some it has a red.

I thought you said you had it on good authority that a new collar was coming

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
They actually changed their collar between 2017 and 2018. The horizontal bar on the collar is much bigger on 2018 jumpers than they were in 2017.
st-kilda-indigenous-800.jpg

APXBSTKRCG18Y_St-Kilda-Saints-2018-Kids-Replica-Clash-Guernsey_1__1809369025.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back