News New Jumpers for 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had Port not been the only other team in SA I’d advocate for the Crows to utilise black more as a main colour for their merch. Heck, they probably should do it irrespective of Port. I get the symbolism of using those colours but three primary colours is never going to look good on merch. Black is the colour of an actual Crow too and looks far sleeker.
That being said I think they deliberately avoided black initially as every SANFL club has at least one colour represented in the Crows colour set except for Port, but it’s not 1991 anymore and Port isn’t fighting for entry, the Crows should embrace the colour black.
The two best merch colours are black and navy. They've already got one of them.

Had Port not been the only other team in SA I’d advocate for the Crows to utilise black more as a main colour for their merch. Heck, they probably should do it irrespective of Port. I get the symbolism of using those colours but three primary colours is never going to look good on merch. Black is the colour of an actual Crow too and looks far sleeker.
That being said I think they deliberately avoided black initially as every SANFL club has at least one colour represented in the Crows colour set except for Port, but it’s not 1991 anymore and Port isn’t fighting for entry, the Crows should embrace the colour black.
There's been some crows fans i've seen advocating for a new logo to be black because that's what colour crows are irl, and I have never liked it (never even considered the fact that black is one of port's colours). The crows brand above all else is the Tri-colours imo, we've had some black training/warm up guernseys in the past few years and it has never looked right. navy with red and gold accents is perfectly fine for merch and the only reason it always screams crows and can't look a bit more subtle is that the colours are so tied to the club's identity.

port really need to bring back the teal in a big way.

If we can get the Prison Bars as our home jumper, then I’m happy with teal and silver based away/clash/pre-season jumpers.

There's been some crows fans i've seen advocating for a new logo to be black because that's what colour crows are irl, and I have never liked it (never even considered the fact that black is one of port's colours). The crows brand above all else is the Tri-colours imo, we've had some black training/warm up guernseys in the past few years and it has never looked right. navy with red and gold accents is perfectly fine for merch and the only reason it always screams crows and can't look a bit more subtle is that the colours are so tied to the club's identity.
Our colours are Navy, Red and Gold. Ain’t no black

If this is because I’m advocating for another team to shake up their merchandise in a big way, it’s a pretty weak call. I disagree for the same reason I am calling for the Crows to adopt black, it’s a far stronger merchandise colour.
The two best merch colours are black and navy. They've already got one of them.
Dark navy looks great. If anything Adelaide should lean into red more often especially for clash duties.
Why would you utilise black when a very dark blue is already apart of your palette. Strange idea to me since they're already functionally very similar.
The Crows use a fairly light navy though don’t they? Especially compared to the shade used by Carlton (which is probably too dark) or Geelong (which I think is pretty nice). They’re logo is mainly royal isn’t it? Going off memory here so I may be wrong but idk.
I think it’s more that BLK and ISC we’re putting weird designs on it, my proposal would be to use the three colours in equal proportions on a black base which could look pretty classy imo. Then again I am certainly not the target audience for Crows gear so my opinion should be taken with a grain of salt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree

Prison Bars as home

Teal V as away (our old pre season jumper)
Teal would be nice, but how they have been using has been quite nice (its a good mix between black and teal). PB would be nice to see in a showdown but I'm 85% sure it will not happen, 100% sure it won't be a regular jumper.

Port should just take the prison bars design, and just add teal to it. I mean, North Melbourne, Hawthorn all the same guersney as Collingwood, with the only difference being their colours. So Collingwood obviously has no issue with the design, rather its colours.

Port should just take the prison bars design, and just add teal to it. I mean, North Melbourne, Hawthorn all the same guersney as Collingwood, with the only difference being their colours. So Collingwood obviously has no issue with the design, rather its colours.

Teal would be nice, but how they have been using has been quite nice (its a good mix between black and teal). PB would be nice to see in a showdown but I'm 85% sure it will not happen, 100% sure it won't be a regular jumper.

I think we're all but guaranteed that from next season onwards we can have our PBs in Showdowns.

Don't get me wrong I love our current set - heck I was even looking forward to seeing our Blue jumper in action.

But I really loved our Teal pre-season jumper and I don't know why it wasn't embraced more. Teal is still one of our colours. Plus Teal clashes with nobody and nothing.

I think we're all but guaranteed that from next season onwards we can have our PBs in Showdowns.

Don't get me wrong I love our current set - heck I was even looking forward to seeing our Blue jumper in action.

But I really loved our Teal pre-season jumper and I don't know why it wasn't embraced more. Teal is still one of our colours. Plus Teal clashes with nobody and nothing.
I hope you are right, but I'll belive it when I see it. I wouldn't like it if they do the teal pb kit. Would be interesting to see the heritage hoops.

Teal and white look so slick

St Kilda will be going over to New Balance:

St Kilda will be going over to New Balance:

This could be really nice for our designs, although the drop shoulder might be a lot more noticeable on our home than it is on the Melbourne jumper.

Assuming they retain their template it could make the clash jumper particularly look a lot stronger, it suffered a little from the singlet/wetsuit-type shoulders and neckline ISC has had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back