Teams New Orleans Saints - The Who Dats

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep another clinical game by the Saints.
Loving lately how they're throwing to the lesser lights (today Smith) and they are making the plays they need to, it's almost like we're deliberately playing our depth into form with an eye to the playoffs.
I mean you know what Ingram, Kamara and Thomas are going to bring, but if we can get some of these other guys to really stand up and be dangerous.... ohhh boy good luck stopping them scoring 45+.
I loved how we were 31 up and with a 4th and 6(maybe?) and went for it. There's no complacency with this team. Killer instinct and the talent on both sides of the ball to make it work.
Friday arvo against the Falcons (FTF) is going to be sensational.

Poison

Team Captain
Oct 13, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
This is a seriously good football team. Clinical and ruthlessly efficient.

I went to see them against the Rams, Panthers and Falcons last year (the latter being that awful TNF game where we got called for an illegal formation right on HT and the refs took the points off us after Lutz nailed a FG, before we ended up losing by 3 when Drew got picked off on that final drive). Anyway, I don't wish to jinx anything - injuries to any of our O-Line, secondary or our skilled position players could still derail us - but I have reserved a room in Atlanta for the Super Bowl week. Atlanta is a bit of a soulless place but I could think of nothing better than taking it over with other Saints fans.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Thanks mate - I still think both upcoming games against your mob will trip us up.
How did you view the 2pt attempt to win?

Put my thoughts in the Carolina thread. Dumb, for reasons named. Not just because it didn't come off.

Pff, we are going one way and you're going the other. Cant see us tripping any playoff team up atm, especially Super Bowl favs. Luckily we have a few weeks to get ourselves back on track. But the way its heading atm, playoff chances look more likely to crash and burn.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Michael Thomas is having a season like no other wide receiver ever
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 19, 2018, 6:45 PM EST
gettyimages-1063346894-e1542671111576.jpg

Getty Images

Saints quarterback Drew Brees is justifiably getting plenty of recognition as an MVP candidate this season. But Brees shouldn’t overshadow a teammate who’s having a historically great season.

That teammate is Michael Thomas, who is having a season like no other wide receiver has ever had.

So far this season, Thomas has been targeted on 91 passes and caught 82 of them, for 1,042 yards. That 82-of-91 stat equates to a completion rate of just over 90 percent on passes thrown to Thomas, which is absolutely unprecedented for a 1,000-yard wide receiver, as far back as target stats exist.

FootballOutsiders.com has target stats dating back to 1986, and the highest catch rate for any 1,000-yard wide receiver in the NFL since 1986 came when John Taylor of the 49ers caught 80 percent of his passes in 1989, when he caught 60 passes for 1,077 yards.

So Thomas is on track to catch 90 percent of his targets in a 1,000-yard season, when the previous high water mark was 80 percent. If Thomas continues playing at his current pace for the rest of the season, he’ll finish the year with 131 catches on 146 targets, for 1,723 yards. That’s an unprecedented season in NFL history.

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
That game was upsetting.
INT.
3 punts.
Only 30 pts.
:moustache:

Seriously though.
Job done against a strong passing team.
Last atl drive was dissapointing from our D.
They were obviously done for the day.

leather-bound-memes-from-week-11-in-the-nfl-40-photos-19.jpg

Who's next?

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
Pretty poor game from the Saints today.
Brees wasn't his usual self, receivers dropped relatively easy catch, our pass protection was horrendous outside causing a few turnovers and we allowed then to convert on 4th down 4 times!
So considering that to come away with a very comfortable win is a very good sign.
On Brees, was due for a pick.
And i feel like hes trying to not feed Thomas too much atm.
Still 4 TD
And Armstead being out is a huge difference. Hoping Brees doesn't get hurt before he's back.

On 4th downs, that is a high powered passing team and Ryan was absolutely going all in.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Disappointing game, our off just couldn't get going at all in the first half, a little better in the second but that's not saying much.
Brees in particular had an off night.
Our def was pretty good overall, particularly with how many minutes they had to be out there.
Ah well an off game isn't really a bad thing this time of year.

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
Disappointing game, our off just couldn't get going at all in the first half, a little better in the second but that's not saying much.
Brees in particular had an off night.
Our def was pretty good overall, particularly with how many minutes they had to be out there.
Ah well an off game isn't really a bad thing this time of year.
Good to get an L out of the system now, yet dissapointing if it costs us the 1 seed.
Feel home ground could be the difference between us and LA.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
Well done boys' D.
But good luck keeping us to 10pts in January when Armsteads back and prob Marshall in, at the Dome.

Off night for the O, no shame against that D without Terron, and atrocious umpiring.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well that was an interesting game - after last week I would have thought the O would be frothing at the mouth to load up on points. Credit to the Bucs D game.
Wasn't until Hill blocked that punt (still not sure how he managed to move that far that quick...) that we turned it on.
Ingram's run into the end zone was plain tunnel vision and not willing to stop - loved it!
Thanks also to the Bears for doing us a solid and knocking the Rams off.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Tough road stretch done - the D was immense in all those 3 games.
Shoutout to Eli Apple and Von Bell yesterday, actually the entire D stood firm *again!!* Undisciplined game but I expect that in a Division game with that much emotion.
Bad luck A11dAtP0w3R - I honestly thought you guys would get the better of us at home, but Cam looks off. I don't follow the Panthers that closely but he seems cooked. I like Cam - he does alot of good for his community, hope he gets back to his best. A strong NFC South is a strong NFL.

2 games at dome sweet dome to round out the year, if the D stays as strong as it has been and the O picks up with the home crowd, well... book your tickets to Atlanta fellas!

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Tough road stretch done - the D was immense in all those 3 games.
Shoutout to Eli Apple and Von Bell yesterday, actually the entire D stood firm *again!!* Undisciplined game but I expect that in a Division game with that much emotion.
Bad luck A11dAtP0w3R - I honestly thought you guys would get the better of us at home, but Cam looks off. I don't follow the Panthers that closely but he seems cooked. I like Cam - he does alot of good for his community, hope he gets back to his best. A strong NFC South is a strong NFL.

2 games at dome sweet dome to round out the year, if the D stays as strong as it has been and the O picks up with the home crowd, well... book your tickets to Atlanta fellas!

His shoulder is ****ed mate. Had surgery on it two preseasons ago (the problem being our doctors didn't decide to do it until June, and we rushed him back for week one before letting it heal properly...s**t man management honestly) ..

A couple of weeks ago we brought in Taylor Heineke (our back up, a white midget) to throw a Hail Mary vs the Bugs because Cam can't throw it 40 yards this year. Which when you think back on his career, arm strength and the deep ball have never been an issue, probably one of the longest arms in the NFL throughout his career.

I hope we (and we should) book him for a redo on the shoulder surgery this week, if we don't, it just further proves that Rivera shouldn't be coaching us next season. Don't care if Cam wants to play the year out or not. Rivera needs to think about the team in the long term rather than attempting to save his job. Personally, ive had enough of him anyway. Need a fresh face who adapts to today's NFL, Rivera is too old school and stubborn.

Your D has come on big time, not that stopping us is much of an accomplishment at the moment. But the pass rush, linebackers and secondary are playing much better than they were earlier this year (not to mention your DTs who are amazing, dominated the middle yesterday just as they have for most of the year if not all of it, Rankins is an all pro if ive ever seen one) The energy is fierce, guys are hungry and tackling hard. Ive also got no doubt Brees and the offense will emerge again when required and throughout the playoffs. Youre the team to beat in the NFC and your mirror image, the Chargers, are team to beat in the AFC imo, really hoping you both make it to the Super Bowl, would be my favourite match up in ages. :thumbsu:

Last edited:

St Kilda Death

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NOLA
Thank god our defence as been unreal the last few games because brees has been impotent.
Need Armstead. The difference in brees time and composure since hes out has been crazy.
Were dropping 40/50 pts on cats before he went down.
A 12 and a 10 in the last 3 weeks, with a no TD first half 27 in between.

Oct 18, 2013
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Carolina Panthers
Thank god our defence as been unreal the last few games because brees has been impotent.
Need Armstead. The difference in brees time and composure since hes out has been crazy.
Were dropping 40/50 pts on cats before he went down.
A 12 and a 10 in the last 3 weeks, with a no TD first half 27 in between.

I wouldn't fret too much, you've played divisional opponent the past two weeks, always hard running up a score on the teams who play you the most, especially later on in the season.

Nov 12, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I like the rush option when they put Hill in there, but deep throws when we're moving the ball well prior? Madness.
I don't mind the overly aggressive calls early in the game though (likewise going for that 4th down, thanks for that soft PI call :D ) but that was too aggressive.
I feel our off is rolling well today though, Thomas getting on the end of some quality slants and we're running the ball well...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back