Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:
(Was listening to that MBV today funnily enough).

I'm trying to cut my collection back. I'm somewhere between 3 and 4 thousand LPs.
Decided not to trust them with the moving people, had to do about half a dozen car trips when I moved house last year, never again.
Such a good record.

3-4k is incredible! Can only imagine what that collection is worth. But yeah, for that reason I wouldn't trust movers either.

If you're looking to cull, could you maybe host a stall at a vinyl fair if one pops up near you? Could be a handy little cash injection.

Similar to PG though, it's bloody hard to get rid of music.

I’d love to house them for you Toump! Might have to extend first though. I hear you though. It’s hard parting with music
Haha it can be very hard parting with music!
I sell lots of records, I think the problem is I just keep buying them too :)

Such a good record.

3-4k is incredible! Can only imagine what that collection is worth.
According to Discogs the median price is around $150,000, or about $280k at top dollar :$:drunk:.

Probably half of it I only bought to sell anyway, or is stuff that I'm slowly getting rid off already. I've been using online marketplaces to sell records for years, I've thought about a stall before but also starting a proper online store (or even my own little pop up). Records are a side-hustle now, a few years ago it was a bit more than that.

Fried chicken looks bloody good
Thanks. Bit of a tester to see how it would go. Haven't really shallow fried before. Chicken worked out really well but might need to play with the accompaniments.

I am a man in my 40's and today for the first time since I was at high school this occurred (except asking if I was married part (well and the chef part but you get it)). Was at a restaurant doing some work and the chef came up to me and said 'are you married?' I'm like 'why?' And he responds with 'one of the girls who works here likes you and wanted to know if you married.' So I responded with "yes, happily but thanks for asking.'

Lol, that is some schoolyard stuff right there. Or perhaps, as all the women are Asian, it's what they do in their culture to save embarrassing themselves.

I'm there regularly so I have talked to a few of them but no idea which one it is. A couple of hot ladies there so I'll just assume it was one of them.

Rang the Mrs after and put her on notice that there’s other interested parties and she will need to lift in all areas going forward.

Last edited:
I am a man in my 40's and today for the first time since I was at high school this occurred (except asking if I was married part (well and the chef part but you get it)). Was at a restaurant doing some work and the chef came up to me and said 'are you married?' I'm like 'why?' And he responds with 'one of the girls who works here likes you and wanted to know if your married.' So I responded with "yes, happily but thanks for asking.'

Lol, that is some schoolyard stuff right there. Or perhaps, as all the women are Asian, it's what they do in their culture to save embarrassing themselves.

I'm there regularly so I have talked to a few of them but no idea which one it is. A couple of hot ladies there so I'll just assume it was one of them.

Rang the Mrs after and put her on notice that there other interested parties and she will need to lift in all areas going forward.

I'm jealous ...

I am a man in my 40's and today for the first time since I was at high school this occurred (except asking if I was married part (well and the chef part but you get it)). Was at a restaurant doing some work and the chef came up to me and said 'are you married?' I'm like 'why?' And he responds with 'one of the girls who works here likes you and wanted to know if you married.' So I responded with "yes, happily but thanks for asking.'

Rang the Mrs after and put her on notice that there’s other interested parties and she will need to lift in all areas going forward.

she is probably on a work visa and its about to expire. :tearsofjoy:

Sorry to burst your balloon.

she is probably on a work visa and its about to expire. :tearsofjoy:

Sorry to burst your balloon.
First thing I said to the Mrs too. However with the worker shortage we have in sure she’d have no issue getting an extension, even PR. 😉

So it was all about my good looks and winning personality. Let’s face it, I’m a magnet.

First thing I said to the Mrs too. However with the worker shortage we have in sure she’d have no issue getting an extension, even PR. 😉

So it was all about my good looks and winning personality. Let’s face it, I’m a magnet.
She was probably the Optus hacker. Looking for the details of a handsome ex-Mod of the BF Deed board

Jesus Christ, family having a whinge coz worksafe said the ride is safe. smh. All they should have to do is put up a sign, "if youre dumb enough to walk on the track you could get hit"

Play stupid games , win stupid prizes....at the Royal Show no less!

She was trying to get her phone? Just talk to the bloody attendent between rides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She was trying to get her phone? Just talk to the bloody attendent between rides.

if youre going to be this stupid, im sorry to say it, but you probably deserve to be in a coma.

The family should be upset at themselves for not teaching their daughter common sense rather than worksafe or the royal show.

if youre going to be this stupid, im sorry to say it, but you probably deserve to be in a coma.

The family should be upset at themselves for not teaching their daughter common sense rather than worksafe or the royal show.
Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near a ride like that even if it was just on standby. You have no idea what kind of electric currents are running, not to mention the gears and s**t in the conveyer belts of some rides. Especially temporary rides like the show where you're way more likely to have human error in the set up.

Personally I wouldn't go anywhere near a ride like that even if it was just on standby. You have no idea what kind of electric currents are running, not to mention the gears and s**t in the conveyer belts of some rides. Especially temporary rides like the show where you're way more likely to have human error in the set up.

Apparently she asked the staff and they said for her to wait til the current ride was finished and she still went on the track to retrieve the phone. Unbelievable.

Apparently she asked the staff and they said for her to wait til the current ride was finished and she still went on the track to retrieve the phone. Unbelievable.
No, surely she didn't do that

Must have been plastered

No, surely she didn't do that

Must have been plastered

Thats what was reported, the footage shows her near what looks to be a ride staff member also.

I can almost guarantee she is one of those ditzy women who was so concerned about the cart running over her phone that she thought it was worth risking her life over. "mY pHoNe Is My LiFe" ...literally..... ******* idiot.

Thats what was reported, the footage shows her near what looks to be a ride staff member also.

I can almost guarantee she is one of those ditzy women who was so concerned about the cart running over her phone that she thought it was worth risking her life over. "mY pHoNe Is My LiFe" ...literally..... ******* idiot.
Yeah that is utter madness

I have seen the footage of her getting hit, that ride was flying. She had no hope

tMR8KKUH_400x400.jpg

Yeah that is utter madness

I have seen the footage of her getting hit, that ride was flying. She had no hope

Yea, when it drags her up the top of that hill and you see her go flying at the end. Brutal.

Saw some articles that she was an absolute scumbag who had been accused of armed robbery and some other s**t, hilarious if true :$

How the f did she not notice the rollercoaster was there? It's right next to her when she's on the tracks.

There's people screaming because they upside down in the loopdeloop, she walks straight into it like, didn't even check where the rollercoaster was when she went to get her phone, I can't understand it.

How the f did she not notice the rollercoaster was there? It's right next to her when she's on the tracks.

There's people screaming because they upside down in the loopdeloop, she walks straight into it like, didn't even check where the rollercoaster was when she went to get her phone, I can't understand it.

Dont try and understand someone who

1. Takes her phone on the roller coaster
2. Ignores staff when they tell her they'll get it for her once the ride is completed.

Apparently she was working at the show and was on her break (no offense to every bone in her body) so she decided to go on some rides to kill time (and herself), must have thought that means she cant get hit by roller coasters coz she is a carny. And its in the carny code.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back