Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone else got those demons feeling again.
Cant wait for the season to start.
But nervous as hell
I'm feeling more intrigued/excited atm because of the Gawn/Grundy combination and the possibility of a new looking team, nervousness may kick in closer to the start. However all this optimism will dissipate at the first kick to the forward pocket.

Ordered a new car.

Kia Stinger GT.

Can’t bloody wait.
What is a KIA like to drive?

What is the interior feel like?

Legit never been I'm one before but they seem to be everywhere on the roads

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Had a couple as hire cars. I confess I'm hardly fussy with cars (I drive an old Hyundai accent - it's a fine A-B but boring as s**t. Reliable and cheap to maintain though). The Kia's were nice inside and to drive. These were basic Ceratos. Had a bit of pep when needed albeit not exactly heart racing. Just good solid cars.

The Stinger GT is closer to a BMW M3 than anything. Real grand tourer areas. It’s a rocket car when you put the foot down but great as a comfort drive too.

Jumped in it and loved the thing, when I went for it it reminded me of driving a Porsche with the grip and acceleration out of corners.

And for $30k cheaper than the equivalent BMW or Audi…it’s awesome.

They’re using them as cop cars in a few states because they’re so good.

The Stinger GT is closer to a BMW M3 than anything. Real grand tourer areas. It’s a rocket car when you put the foot down but great as a comfort drive too.

Jumped in it and loved the thing, when I went for it it reminded me of driving a Porsche with the grip and acceleration out of corners.

Probably a hell of a lot more easier and cheaper to maintain too. One of the multitude of reasons why I put Euro cars last or 2nd last.

I honestly didn’t know the make and model of my car for about two years, in fact now i think about it i have forgotten the model. It has either a two or a three in it. I only know it’s a Mazda because my toddler memorised all the different car logos.

The technology in it does my head in. The gracenote database for music ids is honky s**t, it overrides my ipod metadata for no reason at all, and one time the car sensor key broke and stranded me which is infuriating, it’s a perfectly functioning car that’s suddenly bricked because a bluetooth chip in the key fn broke… * that. About $135 to replace.

My old Corolla was simple like me. If I wanted to start the engine on I used a key and if I wanted music I had radio, tape and CD. What else do you need.

Ordered a new car.

Kia Stinger GT.

Can’t bloody wait.
That's a damn fine looking car (I am by no means a revhead, however). I remember Kia being the brand I associated with hideous minivans and not much else. How times have changed

What's a Stinger GT worth? About $70kish? Legit not sure

How does the interior stack up to the BMW? I've had mates compare their cars to Mercs/BMW'S before but sitting in them, they kind of do imo but feel like a cheaper version.

I'm no rev head at all or snob when it comes to cars so don't take the above wrongly

That's a damn fine looking car (I am by no means a revhead, however). I remember Kia being the brand I associated with hideous minivans and not much else. How times have changed
Kia and Hyundai seem to have grown up a lot in the past 5-10 years. Much nicer cars to be in and drive than the old Getz/Rio, etc

Kia and Hyundai seem to have grown up a lot in the past 5-10 years. Much nicer cars to be in and drive than the old Getz/Rio, etc
Yep, got the Mrs a Tucson N Line and the car is a computer on wheels with sensors for everything. Interior is very nice, even has heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel. I’m still driving a white Falcon Ute.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's a Stinger GT worth? About $70kish? Legit not sure

How does the interior stack up to the BMW? I've had mates compare their cars to Mercs/BMW'S before but sitting in them, they kind of do imo but feel like a cheaper version.

I'm no rev head at all or snob when it comes to cars so don't take the above wrongly

$72k.

Interior seriously stacks up. I looked at it more as a curiosity- was expecting to get an Audi S3 or a BMW Model 3. But I took it for a spin and fell in love. Interior is excellent - a couple of very minor gripes but they happen with every car (read: the paddle shifters are a little bit crappy. Literally my only gripe). I couldn’t believe how good it was. All the bells and whistles too - heated/vented seats, heated steering wheel, electric adjustment on your seat that is profile programmable, HUD, leather everything.

I was blown away. Can’t wait to get it.

Yep, got the Mrs a Tucson N Line and the car is a computer on wheels with sensors for everything. Interior is very nice, even has heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel. I’m still driving a white Falcon Ute.
I bought a new Volvo xc40 Inscription last year

Test drove the Subaru Forrester/Outback and the VW Tiguian.

Tbh there was no comparison with the others compared to the Volvo in comfort and quality except maybe the price

Had a mate of mine buy the Haval SUV and was comparing it to a Mercedes. Not to s**t on his car or anyone who has it but when I sat in it I could tell why it was about half the price of mine.

A friend of mine has two new Mercs, an SUV and a sedan. I don't really like the look of them from outside but * me when you sit in them they are next level quality. Absolutely blow other cars away, mine included.

I bought a new Volvo xc40 Inscription last year

Test drove the Subaru Forrester/Outback and the VW Tiguian.

Tbh there was no comparison with the others compared to the Volvo in comfort and quality except maybe the price

Had a mate of mine buy the Haval SUV and was comparing it to a Mercedes. Not to s**t on his car or anyone who has it but when I sat in it I could tell why it was about half the price of mine.

A friend of mine has two new Mercs, an SUV and a sedan. I don't really like the look of them from outside but * me when you sit in them they are next level quality. Absolutely blow other cars away, mine included.

The big thing with the European cars too is the warranty sucks compared to anything from Asia. The Kia is 7 years unlimited kilometres…BMW is 3 years.

The big thing with the European cars too is the warranty sucks compared to anything from Asia. The Kia is 7 years unlimited kilometres…BMW is 3 years.
Yeah that's a fair point. That's a crazy good warranty period

Volvo is 5 years 75,000kms which is effectively 4 years with my driving.

Tbf I'll probably sell it at 75,000kms and let someone else deal with the issues. Should still have a good resale value at that time

I haven’t owned a car since 2008. I do have two bicycles though.
Good on you.

When I go somewhere, my means of transport are (in order):

1. walk
2. cycle
3. train
4. drive

Uber would be between 3 & 4. Usually coming home after a few drinks. e.g. I've caught the train to the Sporting Globe to watch an interstate match, but it's raining and ceebs catching the train home.

I've had my current car for 8 years. Odometer reading = 32,000 km

Good on you.

When I go somewhere, my means of transport are (in order):

1. walk
2. cycle
3. train
4. drive

Uber would be between 3 & 4. Usually coming home after a few drinks. e.g. I've caught the train to the Sporting Globe to watch an interstate match, but it's raining and ceebs catching the train home.

I've had my current car for 8 years. Odometer reading = 32,000 km
Easy to do if you live in inner Melb and don’t need to commute outside of PT. I’m in inner Canberra, walk to work 5 days a week and still put 12,000k+ on the clock due to driving to Melbourne, Sydney and the coast as well as around Canberra itself.

Easy to do if you live in inner Melb and don’t need to commute outside of PT. I’m in inner Canberra, walk to work 5 days a week and still put 12,000k+ on the clock due to driving to Melbourne, Sydney and the coast as well as around Canberra itself.

Such is the problem in most of Australia and an abundance in Euro countries is walk-able neighbourhoods e.g. Holland/Netherlands.

Such is the problem in most of Australia and an abundance in Euro countries is walk-able neighbourhoods e.g. Holland/Netherlands.
Yep. It’s not a big deal for me - I like driving and the Stinger is going to make driving a lot more comfortable and fun compared to my Focus (which has been a great little car but is becoming too expensive to fix relative to the value of the car). But I know I’m going to do reasonable ks, is what it is.

Kia's are the easiest to break into and hotwire as far as im aware. So if you need an insurance scam in future thats another big positive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back