News New Richmond Tigers logo

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it's an improvement on the last logo :thumbsu:

... not as good as this one

Richmond80s.png

I still think it's reasonably good. Not amazing or anything though.

But those pre-season/training jumpers are terrible imo.

And that tiger with body reminds me way too much of Brisbane's lion.

I think the logo would look a lot classier with some kind of banner. Having just 'Richmond' underneath the shield leaves it looking too corporate. There's also a likelihood of the text disappearing. That would make the shield become more of a logo than a crest - and the design is far too detailed to be a logo (ala the Giants, Blues, or, even Gold Coast).

Est. 1885 also looks a little too brand-orientated, rather than the symbol of a club. The way it sits straight under the text is disappointing.

I do like the font though. Very classy.

richmond_logo_lge.jpg

Would've liked 'Richmond' to sit atop the crest in a separate ribbon-like design (as seen above) in the same font, but with a yellow text.

Didn't they say in the video that they didn't want it to look like the more stylized logos in the AFL...

I'm glad someone picked it up.
basically what he said was "we didn't want a stylised logo, like a few clubs, we wanted a traditional design". So here's a stylised tiger on a shield.
And to prove it's stylised, here is a cartoon of it jumping out at you.

A very impressive video, from a design perspective, and I am ambivalent about the logo itself. It's basically about as good as the previous one, and where it improves on a few things, has some weaknesses when compared to it as well.
However the big loser, to me, is Benny Gale, comes across as someone who doesn't know what he's talking about. None of what he is talking about has anything to do with the new logo.

Screen Cap of the leaping tiger would have made a good logo
tiger.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was amazing how much they could crap on in that video. 3 quarters of it had nothing to do with their logo then all the stuff they said about it (we didn't want it to be stylised) wasn't even reflected in the logo.

It would be refreshing to hear them say "we thought the current logo looked a bit outdated so we wanted a modern one" without showing highlights of Jack Dyer for no reason.

I really like the Umbro design videos.

They give some reasoning behind the designs, and talk about the process.

It is just an online advertisement for a certain niche, but I definitely fall for it.

[youtube]ejbj8S1ApoM[/youtube]

[youtube]f7a1oaVIMU4&feature=relmfu[/youtube]

^^ that's really nice Greggy. I'd send that to the club.

I'm quite amazed they didn't include the sash:confused:.

Now just make the eyes yellow, not brown, and it'll be an acceptable logo.

or are we just "pollishing"...

^^ that's really nice Greggy. I'd send that to the club.

I'm quite amazed they didn't include the sash:confused:.

Now just make the eyes yellow, not brown, and it'll be an acceptable logo.

or are we just "pollishing"...

richmondsasheyes.jpg

Definitely agree with the eyes, using the same yellow just darkening it a bit and its perfect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back