NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's everyone's thoughts on the teams that missed D3 finals this year?
Mernda (9 WINS) - Plenty of commentary that they were stiff to miss like in 2016. When you look at them having won 5 more games on last season, it's probably a little deceiving. They were smashed with injuries and suspensions last year, but returned to normal this season (every club still has share of injuries & suspensions). They never beat anyone above them during the year (for note, Hill were not on top of them in round 1 win). I give them credit for promoting younger players during the year and great to see their 19's playing finals, but still seems to be a lot of old heads running around for them. I think Burra, South & Laurimar are evidence that D3 has become a comp in which more younger players in the team leads to more development and future success. Recruiting will be the key for them in off season.
Heid West(8 WINS) - They were smashed by injuries this year, but I dont think that was the full extent of their poor season. When you go through the list, they have the players, but just couldnt fire often. They found some form late in the season, but unfortunately the finals boat had already sailed! I think if they can hold onto their list, add a couple of A Graders and bring in a fresh coach, they can be a threatening top 4 side next year
Kilmore(7 WINS) - Considering they lost some key players from last season, they played some quality footy at times, and unfortunately played some ordinary stuff at other times. I think they are on the right track and hopefully Nathan continues with them. I expect they will get a couple of players back for 2019 (Chapman & Middleton?). They would expect to would to be competing for a finals berth in 2019 and I see no reason why not.
Lalor(2 WINS) - I think the Bloods would be happy with the season. No-one likes to lose so many games, but they survived as a club, they were competitive at times and earned the respect of other clubs. They need to bring in some more players for next season and hold the quality players they do have. I think they will find it easier attracting players to the club than they did last year - a lot of people were unsure how viable the club was. But prospective players would be more confident now. I could not see finals on the horizon next year, but I can see them rattling a few clubs and wont be far off
Resa(0 WINS) - They are really doing it hard. But I'll give it to them - they are an extremely proud club and have some incredible workers in the background running the club. I dont know what is in store for them in 2019, but I hope they can pick up some players who will help them become competitive and continue in the NFL.

Neither did I until Doona mentioned them! :think: I suppose every club considers their options. I honestly dont know what is happening with Whitcroft. You would think having done the hard yards going up to Div2, he would get a crack at continuing with the improving Pingers into 2019.

I got no idea, only what I've heard in conversations that begin this time of year, or on the phone when it starts ringing with clubs doing all sorts of networking.

morang by 2
PH by 15

Mernda (9 WINS) - Plenty of commentary that they were stiff to miss like in 2016. When you look at them having won 5 more games on last season, it's probably a little deceiving. They were smashed with injuries and suspensions last year, but returned to normal this season (every club still has share of injuries & suspensions). They never beat anyone above them during the year (for note, Hill were not on top of them in round 1 win). I give them credit for promoting younger players during the year and great to see their 19's playing finals, but still seems to be a lot of old heads running around for them. I think Burra, South & Laurimar are evidence that D3 has become a comp in which more younger players in the team leads to more development and future success. Recruiting will be the key for them in off season.
Heid West(8 WINS) - They were smashed by injuries this year, but I dont think that was the full extent of their poor season. When you go through the list, they have the players, but just couldnt fire often. They found some form late in the season, but unfortunately the finals boat had already sailed! I think if they can hold onto their list, add a couple of A Graders and bring in a fresh coach, they can be a threatening top 4 side next year
Kilmore(7 WINS) - Considering they lost some key players from last season, they played some quality footy at times, and unfortunately played some ordinary stuff at other times. I think they are on the right track and hopefully Nathan continues with them. I expect they will get a couple of players back for 2019 (Chapman & Middleton?). They would expect to would to be competing for a finals berth in 2019 and I see no reason why not.
Lalor(2 WINS) - I think the Bloods would be happy with the season. No-one likes to lose so many games, but they survived as a club, they were competitive at times and earned the respect of other clubs. They need to bring in some more players for next season and hold the quality players they do have. I think they will find it easier attracting players to the club than they did last year - a lot of people were unsure how viable the club was. But prospective players would be more confident now. I could not see finals on the horizon next year, but I can see them rattling a few clubs and wont be far off
Resa(0 WINS) - They are really doing it hard. But I'll give it to them - they are an extremely proud club and have some incredible workers in the background running the club. I dont know what is in store for them in 2019, but I hope they can pick up some players who will help them become competitive and continue in the NFL.

Mernda missing out would be very disappointing for the club, Laurimar have taken over them for now unless they continue to blood the 17s and 19s just like Laurimar and morang this year.
West were in a situation similar to Mernda last year however won more games than what Mernda did and have a lot more depth than most other teams in the comp. If St Marys win the flag and move to div 2 you'd say depth wise they will have the healthiest list if they manage to stay injury free.
Kilmore were inconsistent but very competitive against the higher teams. Only went down to St Mary by a couple goals, knocked off Panton hill, Mernda and Morang however went 0-4 against Laurimar and West which cost them.
Lalor competed well in most games and only dropped off in the last quarter in some. Late season burn out shows big losses but did well considering their situation.
Reservoir not much else to say except they need help.

I'll be praying a few more ex locals liek the two mentioned above can be extracted from where they are and enticed to come home. This was the approach taken the last time Kilmore saluted at senior level, their 2001 flag was virtually locally based right thru. And like back then there are ample guys who hail from Kilmore capable of doing really good things in 2019 if they "choose" to unite and work together back where they first began their football.

A ruckman is a must now Big Kitey (who was unreal this year) is done thru injury. Mick Marrett for me would be a good inclusion after heading north this year to play alongside his brother in law. Kid by the name of Dylan Clancy debuted for me a number of years back, prying him outa Greensborough would be pretty awesome too IMO.
Matty Swindells will be better for the year, after returning from a knee this year, as will Micka McCullough who missed 2017 with serious injury.

On top of that, they need no less than 5-6 guys every week thinking they're hard done by, forced to run out at midday. Depth is key and unfortunately at times, guys have come straight back in from injury, work or holiday which I'd imagine doesn't always occur at clubs knocking on the premiership door.

President Mahery, along with Nath have been open and transparent in their idea's and plans. Slowly building like they have certainly was the way to go when swapping leagues, add in 35+ age eligible players for 3rds footy and one would hope 2019 could be another step forward for the entire Kilmore Football Netball Club.

I know I'll be wishing them every luck next year, as the hard work has been done ... hopefully some good (or better) times aren't too far away.

St Marys by 30 pts

Sth Morang by 40 pts.

Burra through to GF and realistically, Hill not ready to go straight back up. They will find Whittlesea ground tough against running Burra side, and possibly same again next week against Morang(??)
Great effort by Laurimar to make finals, but South will be looking to play off in GF again.

Only team capable of surviving in div 2 next year will be St Marys
Agree they are the only ones who can go up and be competitive. It's theirs to lose this year. I think they are ready.

But if Morang or Hill did happen to go up, they only have to worry about beating Watsy to stay up. But both probably need another season before they can go up and soundly compete against the rest.

Agree they are the only ones who can go up and be competitive. It's theirs to lose this year. I think they are ready.

But if Morang or Hill did happen to go up, they only have to worry about beating Watsy to stay up. But both probably need another season before they can go up and soundly compete against the rest.

Do the top two sides in div 3 not go up next year anyway? So south or PH will go up and make div 2 10 teams next year. Unless I missed something I thought that was the NFNL plan

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Heidleberg West would be good job to go for out of the other sides that are looking for a coach

Morang will not make a dint in the comp any further than div 3, been around for 50 odd years, had the biggest junior club for the last 15+ yrs and still can’t get out of div 3. Says a lot about the club, once a s**t club, always a s**t club

Morang will not make a dint in the comp any further than div 3, been around for 50 odd years, had the biggest junior club for the last 15+ yrs and still can’t get out of div 3. Says a lot about the club, once a s**t club, always a s**t club
A laurimar supporter comes out to dig into Morang after they lose to them today. Typical

So Heidleberg West would be good job to go for out of the other sides that are looking for a coach
Whole list pretty much committed to next year already and the return of others having the year off would be attractive to any coach ready to take them to the next level next year

A laurimar supporter comes out to dig into Morang after they lose to them today. Typical
I’m only new to this cause it’s only their second year, how can it be typical dip s**t, it hasn’t happened before, unlike Morang dwelling in the lower divisions, that’s happened for decades

I’m only new to this cause it’s only their second year, how can it be typical dip s**t, it hasn’t happened before, unlike Morang dwelling in the lower divisions, that’s happened for decades
Second year in the comp and the clubs already made a reputation of being the most feral supporter group in the comp.

Second year in the comp and the clubs already made a reputation of being the most feral supporter group in the comp.
Mate that is hilarious coming from someone supporting SM, it’s hard to knock Morang from the top of the feral perch, you must walk around with ear muffs on and deaf to the internal criticism let alone external. Again, fantastic juniors for 15+ years and still prop up div 3. you must be so proud

My dad’s a photographer for a local newspaper and did the Div 3 GF last year. After the game he was told by someone from SM to * off which hasn’t happened to him before and he does around 4 Grand Finals a year, sometimes even more because there are a few leagues he’s does.
But it is intriguing how they have such a big junior club but the seniors are in Div 3. Is it as simple as players just changing clubs after they finish juniors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back