NFL Div 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the scores you have to think so, the 2’s are 3rd on the ladder and lost by 200+ while the seniors pushed west to within 20. That club is in all sorts of trouble going forward no matter who coaches or how well the reserves go in the finals.

Very strange decision by ressa, nearly embarrassed the West senior group at the cost of completely embarrassing their 2’s squad. Another strange decision was the inclusion of Mozz for the west 2s team, hadn’t played all year after a full senior team year and had a massive day out, you’d think they would of played him earlier to qualify him to have any chance against St Mary’s come finals. Will be interesting to see how ressa go this offseason

Hearing a struggling D2 ammo club have ambitions to join NFL. Don’t know what current rules are but in the past you used to have to have an alignment to a junior club ( which they don’t). Would also think that their location would prove an issue and a div 2 club might have some objections.

Hearing a struggling D2 ammo club have ambitions to join NFL. Don’t know what current rules are but in the past you used to have to have an alignment to a junior club ( which they don’t). Would also think that their location would prove an issue and a div 2 club might have some objections.
The turtles

Rumor has it Wallan, Templestowe and Kinglake into divy 3 in 2019

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Templestowe should be straight into div 2. wallan, kinglake and turtles into div 3.
That’s would create a 10-10-9 comp

Did st Mary’s and Banyule have junior alignment in the NFL before joining? Wallan and templestow are 100-1 any time soon. However have heard noise about Kinglake for a while.

Did st Mary’s and Banyule have junior alignment in the NFL before joining? Wallan and templestow are 100-1 any time soon. However have heard noise about Kinglake for a while.
St Mary’s were born out of their Junior club and Banyule do have juniors. The Turtles do not. I’d think the NFL would be wary of admitting a club who don’t have a stable foundation.

Templestowe should be straight into div 2. wallan, kinglake and turtles into div 3.
That’s would create a 10-10-9 comp
Whilst Templestowe are a stable club, they wouldn't be any better on field than the top few in D3 over the last few seasons and they've really had next to no impression on the EFL since they moved there over 20 years ago. D3 please if they come back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the president mouth he said that the Riddell league is sub standard league and with the juniors in the NFNL they are in talks with the league to enter in 2019.

From the president mouth he said that the Riddell league is sub standard league and with the juniors in the NFNL they are in talks with the league to enter in 2019.

Wallan are not in talks to move to the NFL.

Senior women’s team for next year yes, but senior mens team are comfortable in the RDFL.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Very strange decision by ressa, nearly embarrassed the West senior group at the cost of completely embarrassing their 2’s squad. Another strange decision was the inclusion of Mozz for the west 2s team, hadn’t played all year after a full senior team year and had a massive day out, you’d think they would of played him earlier to qualify him to have any chance against St Mary’s come finals. Will be interesting to see how ressa go this offseason
Who coached the seniors on the weekend ? the senior coach or did the reserve coach take over already !

St Mary’s were born out of their Junior club and Banyule do have juniors. The Turtles do not. I’d think the NFL would be wary of admitting a club who don’t have a stable foundation.
Clubs have all different avenues you’d say for sustainability.

Some have juniors such as lalor who really struggle and others don’t have many juniors like Heidelberg during their glory years and go really well.

Many VAFA clubs don’t have juniors but rely on schools as a feeder.

No juniors, no 19s and fielding 3/4 of a 2nds side each week. There is no way the turtles are a viable consideration to enter the NFL, they will need to do a lot of work.

I also hear Wallan are no where near thinking of coming to NFL but I think as the town grows and virtually becomes a northern suburb it would be silly of them not to come across in the future and build into a force, especially as the juniors will be used to the competition.

The worry is will Fitzroy Stars be a side next year. No juniors or 19s. only had a handful of 20 year old's playing recently (and a few 60+ in reserves). The NFL and AFL Vic needs to have a good look and help them ASAP.

No juniors, no 19s and fielding 3/4 of a 2nds side each week. There is no way the turtles are a viable consideration to enter the NFL, they will need to do a lot of work.

I also hear Wallan are no where near thinking of coming to NFL but I think as the town grows and virtually becomes a northern suburb it would be silly of them not to come across in the future and build into a force, especially as the juniors will be used to the competition.

The worry is will Fitzroy Stars be a side next year. No juniors or 19s. only had a handful of 20 year old's playing recently (and a few 60+ in reserves). The NFL and AFL Vic needs to have a good look and help them ASAP.
Probably the reason they want to join. They certainly wouldn’t be the first team to struggle fielding reserves. By memory Panton Hill had to cancel 2 games last year and Montmorency were short last year.

I heard Wallan and Kinglake wanted to join also from around the traps.

Surely Fitzroy will go around again. Can’t imagine them folding.

Are lalor and reservoirs certain starters next season?

Probably the reason they want to join. They certainly wouldn’t be the first team to struggle fielding reserves. By memory Panton Hill had to cancel 2 games last year and Montmorency were short last year.

I have heard that resa are in the hole to the nfl for a s**t load of money but it could just be rumors

I couldn't imagine the work it would have taken to start the club back up. would be a massive shame to go again.
I agree t would be a shame for the dedicated people who busted a gut to get them up but at the end of the day it comes down to dollars and cents I drove past the oval the other weekend and they only had one sponsors board on the fence

Why would Lalor be brought into the discussion...?!? 25 Senior Signature’s for 2019 and the club has never been more stable off-field (including the glory days) VERY healthy bank balance with plenty of irons in the fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back