NFNL Div 2 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I dunno they won 6 games when relegated and I’d say they have quite a bit better list than then

Their coaching choices have been horrendous which IMO has led to this position. There is no reason they shouldn’t be a strong first side if they get it together
I agree they with you, they should be a lot stronger then they are and should be red hot favourites to get out of division 2. But until they actually do it, let’s steer away from saying they are better then 1 division 1 side, let alone numerous.

I dunno they won 6 games when relegated and I’d say they have quite a bit better list than then

Their coaching choices have been horrendous which IMO has led to this position. There is no reason they shouldn’t be a strong first side if they get it together
No excuses now, they have one of the best Coaches going around. It's going to be very interesting.
In my opinion why a lot of Div 2 Clubs don't hang around to long in Div 1 is that they either can't get or don't spend the extra Salary cap thats available for some High quality players that can win games. Thats why Lower went straight down.

No excuses now, they have one of the best Coaches going around. It's going to be very interesting.
In my opinion why a lot of Div 2 Clubs don't hang around to long in Div 1 is that they either can't get or don't spend the extra Salary cap thats available for some High quality players that can win games. Thats why Lower went straight down.
Spot on! Most teams think they have a good enough list, when in fact they are probably at least 4-5 good players away from competing really strongly

personally im tipping Eltham for the flag but im 100% certain no club is thinking about division 1 if they are playing in this division this season. Division 2 has never been stronger.

Good pick ups for Eltham, Banyule, Thomo and DC will see them round out the top 4. The loss of Flynn too much for Lower to handle for mine. Arguably the best ruck in the NFNL.

I think lower plenty won’t be as far off as people think flynn no doubt good ruckman

but Tom Blake featured quite well last year and have add Tom Scott ( Macleod ) and nick beames to list. Both should go alright playing div 2.

T

I think lower plenty won’t be as far off as people think flynn no doubt good ruckman

but Tom Blake featured quite well last year and have add Tom Scott ( Macleod ) and nick beames to list. Both should go alright playing div 2.

T

They have a heap of ins and only 2 outs at the moment but i just think the loss of Flynn is too big to overcome. Talked Barden out of retirement also.

Think they just miss at the moment.

They have a heap of ins and only 2 outs at the moment but i just think the loss of Flynn is too big to overcome. Talked Barden out of retirement also.

It's a top 5 in Division 2 this year. Lower will be thereabouts. Not quite as good as the top 2 but probably around the same mark as Diamo and Thomo

Might be worth remembering that as good as Patty is, he only played 1 and a half games last year. Not saying he’s not going to be a massive loss but Darcy Barden will be like a new recruit and with who they’ve picked up I think top 3-4 is still on the cards. Don’t know if they talked Darce out of retirement. He didn’t play much last year as he was trying out for the Soggies or whatever they’re called these days and didn’t get in. Eltham should be outright favourites with the talent pool plus the coach.

Might be worth remembering that as good as Patty is, he only played 1 and a half games last year. Not saying he’s not going to be a massive loss but Darcy Barden will be like a new recruit and with who they’ve picked up I think top 3-4 is still on the cards. Eltham should be outright favourites with the talent pool plus the coach.
Never underestimate the power of a genuine gun coach coming in to a group.

All teams will be flying no doubt. Should be a classic division this year. There is no way there is a clear favourite.

Banyule - Last years dominate side, lost little gained a few, will want to make amends and have the money behind them to do it.
Lower Plenty - Yes Flynn gone but gained great experience last year. Feeling down there is pretty confident, a few no one has heard of to fire.
Thomastown - Recruited and confident, I suppose we are all waiting to see the Mario effect later in the season (no U12 girls teams so all safe there)
Eltham - Got a few ins, lost a few. Will be keen with new coach who has amazing CV.
Diamond Creek - Recruited very well )including a good coach) and no doubt will be there about. I feel they have quietened up a but trying to go under radar.
Fitzroy Stars - May have lost a few but have picked up very well. Never write them off, some new names I have seen play and have skill that will dazzle.

In that is the top 5, whilst I think St Mary's and Epping will take a few scalps and Watsonia will have a crack they will be fighting for 7th, 8th and 9th. The Hillers will probably be out of their depth (if what I heard the other day that they cannot get 20 to training...yes a rumour but its what I heard)

Anyway, this time of year its always guess work...other than the Western Bulldogs winning the AFL flag and Panthers own Marcus Bontempelli getting the first of a few Brownlows…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might be worth remembering that as good as Patty is, he only played 1 and a half games last year. Not saying he’s not going to be a massive loss but Darcy Barden will be like a new recruit and with who they’ve picked up I think top 3-4 is still on the cards. Don’t know if they talked Darce out of retirement. He didn’t play much last year as he was trying out for the Soggies or whatever they’re called these days and didn’t get in. Eltham should be outright favourites with the talent pool plus the coach.

Sorry mate im not sure what your getting at with that comment. Lower went 1-15 without him last year. The team certainly isnt used to winning without him.

Barden is a very good big time player as he showed against Eltham in 2018, would be handy in any Div 2 side.
They'll certainly be somewhere in the Mix.
Hopefully they don't win it as 2021 would be another disappointing year, they are best suited as a good Div 2 side.
The're a good club but seriously need a sponsor with deep pockets.

Last edited:
All teams will be flying no doubt. Should be a classic division this year. There is no way there is a clear favourite.

Banyule - Last years dominate side, lost little gained a few, will want to make amends and have the money behind them to do it.
Lower Plenty - Yes Flynn gone but gained great experience last year. Feeling down there is pretty confident, a few no one has heard of to fire.
Thomastown - Recruited and confident, I suppose we are all waiting to see the Mario effect later in the season (no U12 girls teams so all safe there)
Eltham - Got a few ins, lost a few. Will be keen with new coach who has amazing CV.
Diamond Creek - Recruited very well )including a good coach) and no doubt will be there about. I feel they have quietened up a but trying to go under radar.
Fitzroy Stars - May have lost a few but have picked up very well. Never write them off, some new names I have seen play and have skill that will dazzle.

In that is the top 5, whilst I think St Mary's and Epping will take a few scalps and Watsonia will have a crack they will be fighting for 7th, 8th and 9th. The Hillers will probably be out of their depth (if what I heard the other day that they cannot get 20 to training...yes a rumour but its what I heard)

Anyway, this time of year its always guess work...other than the Western Bulldogs winning the AFL flag and Panthers own Marcus Bontempelli getting the first of a few Brownlows…
I’ll have St Marys 5th instead of Fitzroy and swap Panther and Lower. I feel your playing down Panther on purpose ;)

Epping would have finished 3rd last in d3 last season and by all reports couldn’t even put Lalor away in the praccy match. PantonHill should be safe, one of the better D3 premiership sides I’ve seen. Kept everyone besides Boyden and Joel. Parks is as good as any D2 ruckman so they’ll be ok there.

I’ll have St Marys 5th instead of Fitzroy and swap Panther and Lower. I feel your playing down Panther on purpose ;)

Epping would have finished 3rd last in d3 last season and by all reports couldn’t even put Lalor away in the praccy match. PantonHill should be safe, one of the better D3 premiership sides I’ve seen. Kept everyone besides Boyden and Joel. Parks is as good as any D2 ruckman so they’ll be ok there.
This time of year no club plays their best side. Epping will be better than last year based on signings

Nah my list was not in ladder order it was no particular order so not playing down Panther, I hear they are training well but I hear everyone is so who knows. What I do know is it should be a close season. Panther should be there abouts and as a supporter I hope they are.

Stars always hard to tell, one year to the next they throw up interesting sides. St Marys will improve though, agree with that.

Only guessing on the Hillers, would love to see them have a decent year but all I have heard is numbers are not great at the moment. I do look forward to a awesome pub meal at the Panton Hill Hotel prior to heading to the game, great pub.

What’s happening with the Panther clubrooms? I went to the cricket there the other day and I cannot see how it would be possibly finished in the near future?

Social rooms won’t be finished until around May.
That’s not good for Panther to start the year. May seems ambitious at what I saw but let’s hope.

One of the best facilities in the state when done though.

That’s not good for Panther to start the year. May seems ambitious at what I saw but let’s hope.

One of the best facilities in the state when done though.
One of the best facilities in the state when done though. That's a joke hope the players are not running up and down the ramps

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back