NFNL Div 2 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Lost 4 A graders so far in Macaffer Currie Rogers and Keys. Told today that the two Carafa boys have moved on to St Marys also. Whilst not huge names they were both pretty handy players. Could be more to come apparently. So I think it’s a fair exodus so far. If you haven’t picked up any big recruits yet then I don’t know if you will. Pre season isn’t that far away. But I’m happy to be proven wrong
Be good to see their arrogant asses stuck in Div 2 for a little while longer.

Lost 4 A graders so far in Macaffer Currie Rogers and Keys. Told today that the two Carafa boys have moved on to St Marys also. Whilst not huge names they were both pretty handy players. Could be more to come apparently. So I think it’s a fair exodus so far. If you haven’t picked up any big recruits yet then I don’t know if you will. Pre season isn’t that far away. But I’m happy to be proven wrong

Does anyone know if Still is staying?

or has he left too?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Has Keys left?

Has Keys left?
Haven’t seen anything official, and I know it isn’t so until we see an announcement, but on the div 3 page someone has guaranteed he is joining the turtles with Rogers.
Going off the panthers announcements and “big names” yet to be announced there is no mention of Taglieri, Woods or Still. They’d hate to lose anymore of those

Haven’t seen anything official, and I know it isn’t so until we see an announcement, but on the div 3 page someone has guaranteed he is joining the turtles with Rogers.
Going off the panthers announcements and “big names” yet to be announced there is no mention of Taglieri, Woods or Still. They’d hate to lose anymore of those
Chippa could be another. Injury prone and past it also. Stating facts

Great to see Thomastown advertising for 19s who will play for free.

Certainly destroys the entire narrative “they don’t want 19s and just happy with seniors”
Not sure why any club would NOT want 19s. Shows the iq level of some on here.

Not sure why any club would NOT want 19s. Shows the iq level of some on here.
Teams with juniors in the YJFL will be impacted as they are now going to an under 18. Effectively giving them one year less in under 19s ? Paves the way for a few more 16-17 years old to be given electrical apprenticeships at Banyule 😮

Teams with juniors in the YJFL will be impacted as they are now going to an under 18. Effectively giving them one year less in under 19s ? Paves the way for a few more 16-17 years old to be given electrical apprenticeships at Banyule 😮
You wouldn't think it would hurt the 19s too much, those that want to play U19s on a Saturday will, and those who want to play U18 Jnrs still will

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe there is a bit of an exodus from eltham. More fringe players gone, but that affects depth. Also anyone heard anything about taglieri?

Eltham have some of the best young guys across the league and they also have a solid group in the 21-26 age bracket. Plus some experienced guys at the top end. I think writing them off this early is silly and premature. Also don’t forget who their senior coach is.

Eltham have some of the best young guys across the league and they also have a solid group in the 21-26 age bracket. Plus some experienced guys at the top end. I think writing them off this early is silly and premature. Also don’t forget who their senior coach is.

Time for these best young guys across the league to step up and be counted.

Eltham always saying they have the best youngsters, no excuses now, time to stand up.

Is mclinden staying or going?
can’t remember his name the bloke from Balwyn sticking around too?

Games i saw Mclinden did little to nothing, be surprised if he goes around again. I’m pretty sure it’s o’Regan you’re talking about as the other. He retired mid season from concussions apparently

Games i saw Mclinden did little to nothing, be surprised if he goes around again. I’m pretty sure it’s o’Regan you’re talking about as the other. He retired mid season from concussions apparently
Definitely Weatherald, played for Balwyn Represented the Eastern League on numerous occasions and was picked for the Metro side.
according to the Stats O’Regan only played 5 games. I heard he was badly concussed and decided to retire because he had too many in the past.

Definitely Weatherald, played for Balwyn Represented the Eastern League on numerous occasions and was picked for the Metro side.

according to the Stats O’Regan only played 5 games. I heard he was badly concussed and decided to retire because he had too many in the past.
Yep exactly what I said. O’Regan was from Balwyn too. He and Weatherald came across together. Weatherald going round again. Quality player and will have a huge job as one of the only older heads left that has signed - pending what happens now with Woods/Taglieri/Still

Agreed. I think they’ll surprise a few from here. Wouldn’t surprise me if they go just as well or better

Remove this Banner Ad

Back