List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever happened to Sturt youngster Hugo Munn, once touted as a certain draftee in 2018 but looks to have disappeared or given the game away?
From someone closely involved at Sturt, he apparently lost interest in footy, playing at Unley Jets as others have stated and possibly joined Army Reserves or similar.

From someone closely involved at Sturt, he apparently lost interest in footy, playing at Unley Jets as others have stated and possibly joined Army Reserves or similar.
Pity he chose that path, there was something there that hard work on his game over time might have seen him picked up as a "mature" ager at a later date.
Could certainly take a big grab and a nice size for AFL.

Pity he chose that path, there was something there that hard work on his game over time might have seen him picked up as a "mature" ager at a later date.
Could certainly take a big grab and a nice size for AFL.
Yep, even just at SANFL level he would’ve had a great career, can’t blame him though, just goes to show what it takes to make it in footy, it’s not just elite talent.

I'd be more concerned with losing Isaiah Dudley, as he may well go first round. Let's hope there are some Vic NGA first round prospects for next year . . .
I think they'll phase this in over 3 years, with decreasing discount every year. There has been too much invested to change it quickly

Yep, even just at SANFL level he would’ve had a great career, can’t blame him though, just goes to show what it takes to make it in footy, it’s not just elite talent.
Yeah - if there's no money in the SANFL, it's probably a big additional time commitment in comparison to the ammos.

I think Dudley and Blayne O’Loughlin, both potential first rounders.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
They'll want to be some player to be taken in the 1st round next year which looks to be chockers with top end talent.....and with the U18's becoming U19's there's also going to be a lot of Vic lads that will miss out this year through no fault of their own by not being given the chance to elevate their draft prospects due to Covid-19....they will deepen the 2021 draft pool considerably.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what annoys me about the AFL. The NGA has largely been down to zoning luck since its inception... the moment clubs start drafting players they’ve put 3 or 4 years of genuine time/work into they move to water it down in the interest of “draft integrity”.

I think NGA is a great addition to drafting/list management options. It doesn’t have to be fair and if a club is willing to invest in this area they should reap the rewards. To me it’s necessary to give the other clubs options if the AFL wants the Northern Academies “to build the game” or give the NT to Gold Coast on a whim.

Especially when all clubs have varying degrees of difficulty retaining draftees from interstate.

To me, it’s another example of the AFL’s reactionary approach to running the game. They very rarely let anything run it’s course long enough to make an informed decision.

This is what annoys me about the AFL. The NGA has largely been down to zoning luck since its inception... the moment clubs start drafting players they’ve put 3 or 4 years of genuine time/work into they move to water it down in the interest of “draft integrity”.

I think NGA is a great addition to drafting/list management options. It doesn’t have to be fair and if a club is willing to invest in this area they should reap the rewards. To me it’s necessary to give the other clubs options if the AFL wants the Northern Academies “to build the game” or give the NT to Gold Coast on a whim.

Especially when all clubs have varying degrees of difficulty retaining draftees from interstate.

To me, it’s another example of the AFL’s reactionary approach to running the game. They very rarely let anything run it’s course long enough to make an informed decision.
I don't know what the answer is but some clubs have done extremely well out of the current Academy system...Sydney being the big winners again this draft with 2 outstanding prospects Braeden Campbell and Errol Gulden, Campbell could very well be the absolute best player out of this draft IMO.

Our NGA Isaac Keeler looking real good today for the Roosters U18's today, definitely plenty to look forward to into the future with him. 9 disposals in the 1st quarter while spending some time in the ruck, very tall and moves exceptionally well. Of course the NGA rules are about to change with him showing great promise!!!:mad:

Could very well be our Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

Last edited:
Our NGA Isaac Keeler looking real good today for the Roosters U18's today, definitely plenty to forward to into the future with him. 9 disposals in the 1st quarter while spending some time in the ruck, very tall and moves exceptionally well. Of course the NGA rules are about to change with him showing great promise!!!:mad:

Could very well be our Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.

Newchurch on the other hand.........

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Sure, but a rebuild isn't about keeping experienced depth but getting games into younger players & speed up their development.
Yeah but if you are talking about Talia I would keep him on. Having the youngsters is OK so long as you have experience there to help develop them. Talia is a general in the back lines and his experience is still needed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back