List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Partly why I mentioned Sturt’s injuries from last week with the inclusion of Borlase, I doubt he would’ve got a game without so many big men injured, from last week Sutcliffe and Darcy Bennet (VFL ruckman) also Tom Read has been our nearly all year. Anyway, he got a run and did pretty well, didn’t see the game but stats are ok

View attachment 947964
Third player down is missing an “r”...

Borlase looks a good size; nice frame ready to fill out. If he is a legit KP size, Talia, McAsey, Butts and Borlase might be a decent enough group to let Hartigan walk.
Imo, it's the right time to let Hartigan walk & think best for both parties.

Talia is a similar age, so we need to develop the next key defender.

Also, Kyle showed how he can handle the big forwards like Hawkins, so there would be some clubs in the premiership window who could do with a strong key defender.

Borlase looks a good size; nice frame ready to fill out. If he is a legit KP size, Talia, McAsey, Butts and Borlase might be a decent enough group to let Hartigan walk.
I hope the crows take borlase. I don't understand the natural assumption he has to go to port. If he did he wouldn't have joined the crows academy.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Also, Kyle showed how he can handle the big forwards like Hawkins, so there would be some clubs in the premiership window who could do with a strong key defender.

Would leave us exposed if/when Talia misses games, but that’s probably where we’re at in terms of the balance between playing senior guys and giving youngsters experience.

Borlase reminds me of Gold Coast’s Sam Collins in the way he moves; wouldn’t surprise me if he’s grown beyond his listed 191cm.

Would leave us exposed if/when Talia misses games, but that’s probably where we’re at in terms of the balance between playing senior guys and giving youngsters experience.

Borlase reminds me of Gold Coast’s Sam Collins in the way he moves; wouldn’t surprise me if he’s grown beyond his listed 191cm.
Sure, but a rebuild isn't about keeping experienced depth but getting games into younger players & speed up their development.

He was listed as 194cm in an article during the week.

Between him, McAsey, Worrell and Butts, it doesn't make sense to keep Hartigan.

The pear could do with him!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newchurch is this year so wont be affected.. although he’s not expected to go first round anyway
That's what I mean. If theey changed the rules this year, we might be able to get him for nothing if he falls outside the 2nd round

That's what I mean. If theey changed the rules this year, we might be able to get him for nothing if he falls outside the 2nd round
It states in the article;

“However, after the protected part of the draft has ended, it is expected that clubs will be able to list their NGA talents with later picks as normal with the AFL keen to continue its drive for more diversity within its playing ranks.”

so you still have to “pay up” as you normally would..

It states in the article;

“However, after the protected part of the draft has ended, it is expected that clubs will be able to list their NGA talents with later picks as normal with the AFL keen to continue its drive for more diversity within its playing ranks.”

so you still have to “pay up” as you normally would..
and then Cal Toomey goes on to state " But the likes of Collingwood's Atu Bosenavulagi and Melbourne's Toby Bedford, who were taken late in the 2018 draft, would still be free to automatically join their NGA clubs. "

I took that as saying they can just add them to their list.

Personally, I hope they maintain the current bidding system for round 3 and beyond.

and then Cal Toomey goes on to state " But the likes of Collingwood's Atu Bosenavulagi and Melbourne's Toby Bedford, who were taken late in the 2018 draft, would still be free to automatically join their NGA clubs. "

I took that as saying they can just add them to their list.

Personally, I hope they maintain the current bidding system for round 3 and beyond.
That's because there was no bids on them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back