List Mgmt. NGA, Father son watch

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but if you are talking about Talia I would keep him on. Having the youngsters is OK so long as you have experience there to help develop them. Talia is a general in the back lines and his experience is still needed.
Was talking Hartigan who is the same age as Talia who is a keeper to teach the youngsters

Newchurch on the other hand.........

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app
It's really becoming an issue with Newchurch I think, just coasts around most of the time and doesn't look to get involved near enough.....other than glimpses this season we've seen little of the play in that highlight reel. Have you noticed after a bit of effort he's often seen bending over stretching his shorts down to his knees like he's gassed. The talk of him being in contention for the 1st round are absolutely fanciful on his form this season.

Our NGA Isaac Keeler looking real good today for the Roosters U18's today, definitely plenty to look forward to into the future with him. 9 disposals in the 1st quarter while spending some time in the ruck, very tall and moves exceptionally well. Of course the NGA rules are about to change with him showing great promise!!!:mad:

Could very well be our Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.
Sounds like he has his old man talent. I know his old man was tall, but was is the height of Isaac. Would there be any chance he develops in a tall midfielder?

Sounds like he has his old man talent. I know his old man was tall, but was is the height of Isaac. Would there be any chance he develops in a tall midfielder?
Nah I'm not seeing that...He looks like a future athletic KPP that can releive in ruck.

He was listed as 194cm in an article during the week.

Between him, McAsey, Worrell and Butts, it doesn't make sense to keep Hartigan.
Also when you add Thilthorpe and the Possibilty of keeping Strachen on for another Year and the Crows are slight Top heary on a shorten list size,
As McAsey, Worrel Are known to able to play both ends of the ground

So if the Crows grab both Thilthorpe and Borlase, that would leave the Crows talls at 14 out of list of 40
From Lynch being the smallest, not counting Doedee or Kelly,
So if we get Thilthorpe and Borlase then some talls need to be moved On My tip is Hartigan, as I believe Strachen will stay on another year, as he the only other pure Ruck to back up ROB,
Maybe Thilthorpe can take on that role unsure but he is certian to put Presure on Himmerlberg and Frampton.

It's really becoming an issue with Newchurch I think, just coasts around most of the time and doesn't look to get involved near enough.....other than glimpses this season we've seen little of the play in that highlight reel. Have you noticed after a bit of effort he's often seen bending over stretching his shorts down to his knees like he's gassed. The talk of him being in contention for the 1st round are absolutely fanciful on his form this season.
4 touches at U18 until half time. Not impressive.

I don't know what the answer is but some clubs have done extremely well out of the current Academy system...Sydney being the big winners again this draft with 2 outstanding prospects Braeden Campbell and Errol Gulden, Campbell could very well be the absolute best player out of this draft IMO.

It’s tricky and there are obviously a few things to consider but to me, if the Northern Academies, GC draft concessions and Father/Son are in play then I can’t see why other clubs should lose access to elite talent from the NGA... particularly the players they’ve already invested in.

If the AFL is serious about the development of the game and these kids then just tighten the rules. Set an age for an initial academy intake (say 13 or 14) and set a required program/contact hours and/or maximum number in the squad (to stop clubs using a scatter-gun approach) who the club has full draft bidding access to regardless. Any player who joins the academy program after this point or doesn’t complete the program/contact hours the club only has priority access from the 2nd or 3rd Round onwards.

You could even seriously limit the number of players (excluding Father/Sons) who clubs can nominate for draft access/bidding rights.

There are a lot of things the AFL could do to both encourage spending by the clubs on development and assist them in creating the illusion of “draft integrity”... especially when it leads to other things the AFL love like live pick swaps on draft night. The drama 🙄

Would clubs be so willing to trade 1st Round picks or trade future 1st Round picks if they had the next JUH in their Academy? Would it encourage clubs to try to “hide” players or draftees to tank interviews?

A lot to consider and it’ll never be perfect but if access is watered down too much it punishes the clubs who seriously invest in this area.

Also when you add Thilthorpe and the Possibilty of keeping Strachen on for another Year and the Crows are slight Top heary on a shorten list size,
As McAsey, Worrel Are known to able to play both ends of the ground

So if the Crows grab both Thilthorpe and Borlase, that would leave the Crows talls at 14 out of list of 40
From Lynch being the smallest, not counting Doedee or Kelly,
So if we get Thilthorpe and Borlase then some talls need to be moved On My tip is Hartigan, as I believe Strachen will stay on another year, as he the only other pure Ruck to back up ROB,
Maybe Thilthorpe can take on that role unsure but he is certian to put Presure on Himmerlberg and Frampton.
I don't think it's anywhere near a given we're taking Thilthorpe at this point as you're basically suggesting

you would have to put a lot of extra work into him and it is obviously easy to work out! i think rendapionted this out!

Our NGA Isaac Keeler looking real good today for the Roosters U18's today, definitely plenty to look forward to into the future with him. 9 disposals in the 1st quarter while spending some time in the ruck, very tall and moves exceptionally well. Of course the NGA rules are about to change with him showing great promise!!!:mad:

Could very well be our Jamarra Ugle-Hagan.
Because some clubs will have benefited massively from the NGAs - Sydney, GWS, North and now WB - if they're going to get rid of bid matching rights in r1/r2 of the draft, the FL could do it fairly (maybe I should stop here but hear me out) by giving clubs who have missed out benefiting from NGAs a wild card that they can still use to match a r1/r2 bid on their NGA players in the future.

This way clubs who've missed out can still get a gun NGA in the future but will have to decide carefully who they choose, as well as moving towards reducing compromising of the draft.

I don't think it's anywhere near a given we're taking Thilthorpe at this point as you're basically suggesting
With you. If we lose our B/F who is our main midfielder I would suppose we need that as our main replacement need to midfielder.A tall forward traditionally takes years to develop. Can we afford that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With you. If we lose our B/F who is our main midfielder I would suppose we need that as our main replacement need to midfielder.A tall forward traditionally takes years to develop. Can we afford that.
My question is is a an elite tall marking forward a necessity from a game style/strategy direction point of view? If the answer is no, then fine, go ahead and pick elite mids this year.

But as you say, tall forwards traditionally take a while to develop and elite ones are usually rarer than elite mids - there look like a few elite ones this year but not next year. And you know how it goes when Crows try to attract an elite tall forward big fish from other clubs - it just doesn't happen, so we have to grow our own.

Yes Opinion He most likly one of the best Talls going, and can add value to the Crows setup, However they go for a Mid instead,
All depends on the Trade Period

Newchurch is inconsistent even within games. Talent undeniable. Its whether or not the club thinks it can turn around his mentally on field or whether Tariek is capable of doing that.

Nicks as coach wont help his case either - has talked up importance of going hard at the contest since his first presser, and already shown with Atkins & to a lesser extent Seedsman that the purely outside, bruise free types arent in plans.

Nicks as coach wont help his case either - has talked up importance of going hard at the contest since his first presser, and already shown with Atkins & to a lesser extent Seedsman that the purely outside, bruise free types arent in plans.

Probably the right coach to have for Tariek if he has the mentality for it. That said, its probably more we are in a rebuild and have kids who need to be prioritised instead of "they're purely outside, bruise-free types". After all, Sholl is getting games right now, and he's as bruise-free as Atkins is (though, of course, if he can get up to what the average outside player produces in terms of hardness, which is just somewhat bruise-free, he'll have a good career, which is where Atkins was in 2017).

For Newchurch, if he can become very good to elite on the defensive side of things, he could end up getting an AA nod seeing he's got a lot of offensive talent (providing he remains a small/mid-forward for his career). Long way to go, with no guarantee he'll get there as defence doesn't look a particularly natural mindset for him. Of course, it's better to have this problem then the inverse, where you've got a kid who'll tackle/show grit but you're questioning where is the x-factor/class?

Last edited:
Newchurch is inconsistent even within games. Talent undeniable. Its whether or not the club thinks it can turn around his mentally on field or whether Tariek is capable of doing that.

Eh, depends on his position. A small/mid forward is in a damn good place if consistency within games is their major issue (seeing consistency within games is what'll separate an AA calibre small from the rift raft of good to very good smalls). A midfielder is in a worrying place if consistency within games is the major issue.

This is how I’m hoping it’s played out behind the scenes re Tariek...

AFC: “Hey, kid. We’ll be picking you next year”. Get through the season unscathed”.

(Code for stay injury free and lower your value in the process)

Tariek: “I hear you loud and clear”

We can only hope.

This is how I’m hoping it’s played out behind the scenes re Tariek...

AFC: “Hey, kid. We’ll be picking you next year”. Get through the season unscathed”.

(Code for stay injury free and lower your value in the process)

Tariek: “I hear you loud and clear”

We can only hope.
LOL

Nice story bro.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back